Car owners new to comparing insurance rates online are likely to find locating affordable Jeep Liberty insurance rates in Fort Worth is very challenging.
A study showed that most car insurance customers have bought car insurance from the same company for more than four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never quoted car insurance rates at all. Fort Worth drivers could save up to 70% each year, but they just don’t understand the actual amount they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
It’s a great practice to quote other rates occasionally because car insurance rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rate on Jeep Liberty insurance in Fort Worth a couple years back you can probably find a lower rate today. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the tricks you need to know to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
Finding and buying the best-priced auto insurance policy in Fort Worth is not as hard as you think. Basically, every driver who is required by state law to have auto insurance will more than likely get better rates. But Texas drivers must understand the way companies determine prices because it varies considerably.
There are several ways to get quotes from different Fort Worth insurance companies. The best method to find competitive Jeep Liberty insurance rates is to get quotes online. When comparison shopping, comparing more quotes will increase your chances of finding more affordable insurance.
The companies shown below can provide price quotes in Texas. If multiple providers are shown, it’s highly recommended you get rate quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Earn discounts on Fort Worth insurance
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there could be available discounts to cut the cost considerably. Many discounts should be triggered when you get a quote, but some must be manually applied in order for you to get them.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you could get a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being on active deployment in the military could qualify you for better premium rates.
- E-sign – A few larger online companies will provide an incentive shop Fort Worth auto insurance over the internet.
- Multi-line Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with a break if you buy life insurance.
- Resident Student – Older children who live away from home to go to college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle could get you a discount.
- Sign Early and Save – Select companies give a discount for switching companies before your current coverage expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used Liberty can get you a discount since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Pay Early and Save – By making one initial payment instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Drivers who insure more than one vehicle on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
You can save money using discounts, but most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. Any amount of discount will reduce the amount you have to pay.
The chart below shows the difference between Jeep Liberty insurance premiums with and without discounts applied. The rates are based on a male driver, no violations or claims, Texas state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, claim-free, multi-car, safe-driver, marriage, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Auto insurance companies that may offer these benefits include:
When comparing rates, check with every company which discounts you may be entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered on policies in your area. For a list of insurance companies with discount insurance rates in Fort Worth, click this link.
Analysis of coverages
The premium table shown next covers a range of policy rates for Jeep Liberty models. Understanding more about how auto insurance policy rates are calculated can assist in making decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Liberty Sport 2WD||$246||$460||$496||$30||$148||$1,380||$115|
|Liberty Limited 2WD||$282||$460||$496||$30||$148||$1,416||$118|
|Liberty Renegade 4WD||$282||$460||$496||$30||$148||$1,416||$118|
|Liberty Sport 4WD||$282||$460||$496||$30||$148||$1,416||$118|
|Liberty Limited 4WD||$282||$560||$496||$30||$148||$1,516||$126|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-policy. Premium costs do not factor in vehicle location which can alter premiums noticeably.
Violations and accidents raise rates
The illustration below illustrates how violations and accidents raise Jeep Liberty insurance rates for different insured age categories. The prices are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The information below compares Jeep Liberty car insurance rates when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The information is based on no claims or violations, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There isn’t a written rule for dropping physical damage coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than about 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Jeep Liberty claim settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, you would only receive $5,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying more than $500 a year for your policy with full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some cases where only buying liability is not financially feasible. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage in place.
Get Jeep Liberty Insurance for Less
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that help calculate the rates you pay for car insurance. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may result in lower premium levels. Lots of things are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or how safe your car is.
Bundle policies and save money – The majority of insurance companies apply better rates to insureds that have more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, you may still want to get quotes from other companies to make sure you are getting the best deal. You may still save money by buying car insurance from a different company.
Gender and auto insurance costs – The statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, don’t assume that males are worse at driving than females. Both genders cause fender benders at about the same rate, but males tend to have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more costly citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 tend to get in the most accidents and therefore pay the highest rates.
The example below shows the comparison of Jeep Liberty auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Youthful drivers pay high premiums – Young drivers in Texas have been known to be inattentive when behind the wheel and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher. More mature drivers are more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and receive fewer citations.
The following chart uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Safer vehicles cost less to insure – Vehicles with high crash test scores can get you lower premiums. Highly rated vehicles result in less severe injuries and fewer injuries means your insurance company pays less which can result in lower premiums.
Auto insurance agents can help
Many drivers still like to buy from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. A good thing about getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheap car insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to. Putting coverage with neighborhood agents is still important in Fort Worth.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents that can give you free Fort Worth auto insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent to your email. It’s the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a particular provider, you can always jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you are wanting to find a good insurance agency, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents that you can select. Car insurance agents in Fort Worth are categorized either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel are not required to write business for one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many different car insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can switch companies and you can keep the same agent. When comparing car insurance prices, it’s recommended you get several quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to have the best price comparison. Many write coverage with different regional companies which can be an advantage.
Listed below are Fort Worth independent agencies who may be able to give you price quote information.
- Nationwide Insurance: Darla Duncan Insurance Agency
5801 Curzon Ave #137 – Fort Worth, TX 76107 – (817) 731-0991 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: The Hulett Agency Inc
11751 Alta Vista Rd Ste 401 – Fort Worth, TX 76244 – (817) 533-8027 – View Map
- Kilpatrick Insurance Agency
2410 Montgomery St – Fort Worth, TX 76107 – (817) 731-8771 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company like State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are well schooled on what they offer which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers sometimes buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below are exclusive agents in Fort Worth willing to provide rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Robert Stine
3509 Hulen St Ste 103 – Fort Worth, TX 76107 – (817) 377-4048 – View Map
- Earl Wood – State Farm Insurance Agent
2900 S Hulen St #50 – Fort Worth, TX 76109 – (817) 922-9300 – View Map
- Bill Carter – State Farm Insurance Agent
3525 Denton Hwy – Fort Worth, TX 76117 – (817) 838-2342 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agency requires you to look at more than just the price. Any good agent in Fort Worth should know the answers to these questions.
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- How long has their agency been in business in Fort Worth?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
Upon receiving satisfactory answers to any questions you have and cheaper Liberty insurance quotes, it’s a good possibility that you have found a car insurance agent that can properly insure your vehicles. Just remember you can always cancel a policy whenever you choose to so never assume you’re contractually obligated to your new company for a certain time period.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When selecting proper insurance coverage, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For example, these questions can help discover whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
You can lower your auto insurance rates
A few companies do not offer online quoting and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through local independent agents. Affordable Jeep Liberty insurance in Fort Worth can be sourced from both online companies and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture.
You just learned many ideas to shop for Jeep Liberty insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the best premium rates are with a lesser-known regional company.
People who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as extreme rates for teen drivers, policy non-renewal, denial of a claim and even not issuing a premium refund. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new company is actually quite simple.
How to buy cheaper Jeep Liberty insurance in Fort Worth
The preferred way to save money on Jeep Liberty insurance in Fort Worth is to start comparing prices regularly from insurers in Texas.
- Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about individual coverages and the things you can change to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that drive up the price such as at-fault accidents and a not-so-good credit history can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and see if there is a cheaper rate in Fort Worth. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Step 4: Tell your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new company or agent. As soon as you can, safely store the proof of insurance paperwork with your vehicle’s registration.
The most important part of shopping around is that you’ll want to compare similar coverage information on each quote request and and to get quotes from as many companies as possible. Doing this provides a level playing field and the best rate selection.
To read more, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Fort Worth Auto Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for High Risk Drivers in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Fort Worth Car Insurance Quotes for Nurses? (FAQ)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)