To save the most money, the best way to get budget car insurance rates is to start comparing prices regularly from insurers who provide auto insurance in Fort Worth.
- Try to learn a little about what is in your policy and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that result in higher prices such as multiple speeding tickets and an imperfect credit rating can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote prices for many different companies. Compare rates
- Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy and see if you can save money. If you can save money and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
One tip to remember is to use the same amount of coverage on every quote and to quote with as many auto insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure a fair price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Anyone knows that car insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Insureds who shop for lower prices are likely to switch companies because they stand a good chance of finding more affordable rates. A recent insurance study revealed that consumers who make a habit of shopping around saved as much as $3,450 over four years compared to other drivers who never shopped around.
If finding budget-friendly Dodge Stratus insurance in Fort Worth is your ultimate target, then understanding how to compare coverages can save money and time.
If you have coverage now or are looking for a new policy, you will benefit by learning to find better prices and still get good coverage. Locating the best rates in Fort Worth can be much easier if you know how to start. Shoppers just have to learn the quickest way to quote multiple rates on the web.
Six discounts for cheap auto insurance quotes
Auto insurance is not inexpensive, but there could be significant discounts that can help lower your rates. A few discounts will automatically apply when you purchase, but a few need to be manually applied prior to receiving the credit. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you may be paying too high a price.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking a course teaching defensive driver skills is a good idea and can lower rates and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Having worked for a branch of the government may reduce rates when you quote Fort Worth auto insurance with certain companies.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save up to 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Telematics Discount – Policyholders that allow driving data submission to look at driving patterns by using a telematic data system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system might see lower rates if they are good drivers.
- Accident Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay much less compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can combine your auto and home policy with the same company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
Please keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, you aren’t that lucky.
To find auto insurance companies who offer cheap Dodge Stratus insurance quotes in Fort Worth in Texas, click here.
Auto insurance 101
Knowing the specifics of your insurance policy can help you determine the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. Listed below are the usual coverages offered by insurance companies.
This coverage covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like fire damage, vandalism, hitting a deer and damage from flooding. The maximum amount your insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for medical expenses
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for bills for things like nursing services, rehabilitation expenses, prosthetic devices, ambulance fees and EMT expenses. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Dodge Stratus.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (30/60/25), their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Usually these limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Liability coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to people or other property that is your fault. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see limits of 30/60/25 which means $30,000 bodily injury coverage, $60,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000. Another option is one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for things such as pain and suffering, emergency aid and medical expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but buy higher limits if possible. Texas state law requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but you should think about purchasing better liability coverage.
The chart below shows why low liability limits may not be enough.
Collision coverage protection
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Stratus from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things such as backing into a parked car, rolling your car, scraping a guard rail, sideswiping another vehicle and colliding with a tree. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible on your Stratus to save money on collision insurance.
Persistence will pay off
Budget-conscious Dodge Stratus insurance can be found both online in addition to many Fort Worth insurance agents, so you need to shop Fort Worth auto insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies may not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these smaller companies work with independent agents.
Throughout this article, we presented many ideas to reduce Dodge Stratus insurance prices online in Fort Worth. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Fort Worth auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from a small local company. They may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
More tips and info about car insurance is available in these articles:
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for First-time Drivers in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Fort Worth Car Insurance Quotes for Nurses? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Learners Permit in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)