Truthfully, the best way to find better pricing on auto insurance rates in Fort Worth is to start comparing rates regularly from companies in Texas. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
- Try to comprehend how car insurance works and the measures you can take to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates like careless driving and a low credit score can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices for many different companies.
- Compare the quotes to your existing coverage and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Tell your current company of your intention to cancel the current policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to the new insurer. When you receive it, keep the new certificate verifying coverage above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
The most important part of this process is to use identical deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to compare as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and maximum price selection.
It's safe to conclude that insurance companies don't want you shop around. Drivers who get price comparisons will, in all likelihood, switch auto insurance companies because of the high probability of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent survey discovered that consumers who compared prices once a year saved about $865 annually as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the lowest price on Volvo S60 insurance in Fort Worth is the reason for your visit, learning the best way to shop and compare cheaper coverage can save time, money, and frustration.
The fastest way that we advise to compare rates for Volvo S60 insurance in Fort Worth is to take advantage of the fact almost all companies participate in online systems to give rate comparisons. The only thing you need to do is provide a small amount of information such as your credit rating estimate, if it has an anti-theft system, daily mileage, and marital status. Your rating data gets transmitted to many of the top insurers and you should receive rate quotes instantly.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your car now, click here and enter your zip code.
The companies shown below provide free quotes in Fort Worth, TX. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you click on several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
These discounts can lower Volvo S60 insurance rates
Some providers do not advertise every discount available in a way that's easy to find, so the following is a list of a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous discounts you could be receiving when you buy Fort Worth car insurance online.
- Early Payment Discounts - By making one initial payment instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Accident Forgiveness - This one is not really a discount per se, but certain companies will let one accident slide without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Discount for Swiching Early - Some larger companies provide a discount for signing up prior to your current S60 insurance policy expiring. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- No Claims - Insureds with no claims or accidents can save substantially when compared with accident-prone drivers.
- Multi-line Discount - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn lower prices if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Organization Discounts - Having an affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations could trigger savings on your next renewal.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you can combine your home and auto policy with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Theft Deterrent - Vehicles optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Fort Worth car insurance quote.
- College Student - College-age children who live away from home at college and leave their car at home may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Taking time to complete a class that teaches defensive driving techniques is a good idea and can lower rates and easily pay for the cost of the class.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like you could get a free car insurance policy, you're out of luck.
A few popular companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are outlined below.
- State Farm includes discounts for good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, anti-theft, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including pay in full, early shopping, business and professional, electronic funds transfer, good student, bundle discounts, and homeowner.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for air bags, driver training, daytime running lights, emergency military deployment, military active duty, multi-policy, and anti-lock brakes.
- American Family has savings for good student, TimeAway discount, accident-free, mySafetyValet, air bags, bundled insurance, and defensive driver.
- Nationwide offers discounts for family plan, accident-free, business or organization, defensive driving, easy pay, multi-policy, and Farm Bureau membership.
- Progressive discounts include good student, continuous coverage, online quote discount, online signing, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
Double check with all companies you are considering how you can save money. Savings might not be offered on policies in Fort Worth.
Auto insurance agents can help
A lot of people just want to get advice from a local agent and that is OK! Most agents can answer important questions and help file insurance claims. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is you can get the lowest rates but also keep your business local. Putting coverage with neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Fort Worth.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is submitted to agents in your area who will give you bids to get your business. It's much easier because you don't need to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to you instantly. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a particular provider, don't hesitate to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
If you want local Fort Worth agents, it's helpful to know the different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agencies in Fort Worth are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either type can sell affordable insurance policies, but it's worth learning how they differ since it can affect the kind of agent you use.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent do not sell for just one brand and that is an advantage because they can write policies through lots of different companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a lower price, your policy is moved internally and you don't have to find a new agent. If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you include rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the most options to choose from. Most have the option of insuring with less well-known companies who may have lower rates.
The following is a small list of independent agencies in Fort Worth that may be able to provide free price quotes.
- Hall Insurance Agency, Inc.
3559 Williams Rd Suite 110 - Fort Worth, TX 76116 - (817) 370-0125 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance - Curtis Logan Agency
4500 Mercantile Plaza Dr #300 - Fort Worth, TX 76137 - (214) 302-7148 - View Map
- Woods Insurance Agency
2740 Western Center Blvd #504 - Fort Worth, TX 76131 - (817) 232-1580 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel work for only one company such as Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They are unable to compare rates from other companies so it's a take it or leave it situation. They receive extensive training on their company's products and that can be a competitive advantage. A lot of people buy from exclusive agents partially due to high brand loyalty rather than having low rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Fort Worth who can help you get price quote information.
- Bob McCright - State Farm Insurance Agent
6231 Oakmont Blvd - Fort Worth, TX 76132 - (817) 294-9858 - View Map
- Larry Martin - State Farm Insurance Agent
7833 Summer Creek Dr - Fort Worth, TX 76123 - (817) 292-6214 - View Map
- Amado Flores - State Farm Insurance Agent
3345 Western Center Blvd Ste 180 - Fort Worth, TX 76137 - (817) 232-3000 - View Map
Picking an insurance agency should depend on more than just the price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- If they are an independent agency in Fort Worth, which companies do they recommend?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When it comes to proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no "best" method to buy coverage. Your needs are unique to you.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Volvo S60?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Texas?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don't have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Insurance Rate Influencing Factors
Many factors are used when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, although some other factors are less apparent such as whether you are married and annual miles driven. A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing the different types of things that help determine your policy premiums. If you understand what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find cheaper rates.
The list below includes a partial list of the pieces used by companies to determine your prices.
- Do safer cars cost less to insure? - Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have better insurance rates. The safest vehicles reduce occupant injuries and better occupant protection translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims which can result in lower premiums. If your Volvo S60 is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov you may be receiving a better rate.
- Getting married equates to better rates - Having a significant other can actually save you money on car insurance. Having a spouse means you're less irresponsible and it's statistically proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Gender and insurance coverage premiums - Statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. It does not mean men are worse drivers. Both genders are responsible for auto accidents in similar numbers, but males have accidents that have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more costly citations like DUI and reckless driving. Youthful male drivers generally have the highest accident percentage and therefore pay the highest rates.
- Don't abuse insurance claims - Auto insurance companies in Texas award most affordable rates to drivers who only file infrequent claims. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to higher rates. Your car insurance is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Annual miles is a factor - The higher the miles on your Volvo every year the more you'll pay to insure it. A lot of companies calculate rates based on their usage. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use qualify for better rates than those used for commuting. Improper usage on your S60 can result in significantly higher rates. It's a smart idea to ensure your declarations sheet states the proper vehicle usage.
Insurance losses for a Volvo S60 - Insurance companies use statistical claims data as a tool for profitable underwriting. Vehicles that are shown to have increased claim numbers or amounts will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The next table illustrates the historical loss data for Volvo S60 vehicles. For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is set at 100. Values that are 100 or less suggest a positive loss record, while values that are above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or tendency to have higher losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Volvo S60 Vehicles Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volvo S60 4dr 2WD 103 85 83 76 72 65 Volvo S60 4dr 4WD 111 73 90 65 66BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Why you need quality insurance for your Volvo S60
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Fort Worth, buying car insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Volvo S60, more than likely the lender will force you to carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Volvo at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over the higher price.
- Insurance protects not only your Volvo but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Volvo gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your S60 are without a doubt worth the cost, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in Texas overpays more than $869 every year so it's important to compare rates at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Be persistent and save
As you shop your coverage around, it's a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where an insured cut collision coverage only to regret at claim time they didn't have enough coverage. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Some companies do not provide online quoting and many times these regional carriers prefer to sell through local independent agents. More affordable insurance in Fort Worth is definitely available from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
We covered many ways to get a better price on Volvo S60 insurance in Fort Worth. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the lowest prices are with the least-expected company.
For more information, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Fort Worth Car Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Ford Explorer in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)