Unbelievable but true, a large majority of drivers have bought auto insurance from the same company for more than four years, and about 40% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. With the average auto insurance premium being $2,679, Fort Worth drivers could save themselves up to 70% a year, but they don’t believe the large savings they would see if they switch to a new company.
To save the most money, the best way to get discount Toyota Highlander Hybrid insurance in Fort Worth is to start comparing prices yearly from different companies who provide car insurance in Texas. You can shop around by following these steps.
- Get an understanding of how insurance companies determine prices and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many rating factors that drive up the price like getting speeding tickets and poor credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article gives the details to keep prices down and get additional discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple companies. View prices
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to determine if you can save on Highlander Hybrid insurance in Fort Worth. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Tell your current company of your decision to cancel the current policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application for your new policy. Once the paperwork is finalized, store the proof of insurance certificate somewhere easily accessible.
The most important part of this process is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to look at as many carriers as you can. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
Companies offering competitive Toyota Highlander Hybrid rate quotes in Fort Worth, TX
The providers in the list below provide free quotes in Fort Worth, TX. If multiple companies are shown, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can in order to find the lowest rates.
Get cheaper rates by getting discounts
Car insurance companies don’t list every possible discount very clearly, so the following is a list of both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to you.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one is not really a discount per se, but some companies like State Farm and Progressive permit an accident before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some companies give discounts for signing up prior to your current Highlander Hybrid insurance policy expiration. It could save around 10% when you buy Fort Worth car insurance online.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car instead of a used Highlander Hybrid can save up to 30% because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Drivers over the age of 55 may qualify for a small discount on rates.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you combine your auto and home policies with one company you could get a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
Don’t be surprised that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like it’s possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
The best car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be found below.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-policy, online signing, continuous coverage, and good student.
- MetLife has savings for good driver, good student, defensive driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and accident-free.
- Mercury Insurance may include discounts for location of vehicle, anti-theft, age of vehicle, good student, professional/association, and multi-car.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include Farm Bureau membership, business or organization, defensive driving, multi-policy, family plan, anti-theft, and good student.
- GEICO offers discounts including federal employee, military active duty, air bags, driver training, anti-lock brakes, and membership and employees.
- AAA includes discounts for anti-theft, AAA membership discount, multi-car, good student, pay-in-full, and multi-policy.
Before you buy a policy, ask all the companies to give you their best rates. All car insurance discounts may not apply in your state.
Five Tips to Get Cheaper Fort Worth Insurance Rates
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at some of the things that are used to determine your premiums. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that could result in much lower annual insurance costs. Lots of things are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are less obvious such as your credit history or how safe your car is.
The itemized list below are a partial list of the pieces insurance companies consider when setting your premiums.
- Raise coverage deductibles and save – Your deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. Insurance for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your car from damage. Some examples of covered claims would be rear-ending another vehicle, collision with a deer, and damage from wind. The more the insured has to pay upfront, the less your insurance will be.
- Gender matters – Over the last 30 years, statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. This data doesn’t prove that men are WORSE drivers than women. Both sexes get in at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but men cause more damage. Men also statistically have more aggressive citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Young males generally have the highest accident percentage and therefore have the most expensive insurance rates.
- High insurance claims frequency drives up prices – Companies in Texas award cheaper rates to insureds that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on higher rates. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Credit history impact insurance prices – Having a good credit score factor in determining your rates. If your credit history leaves room for improvement, you could pay less to insure your Toyota Highlander Hybrid by improving your credit score. People that have good credit tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have lower credit ratings.
- Do thieves like your car? – Selecting a car model with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your insurance. Theft deterrent systems like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all hinder car theft and help bring rates down.
Toyota Highlander Hybrid insurance loss statistics – Insurance companies analyze past claim statistics to calculate a price that will offset losses. Vehicles that the data determines to have increased losses will cost more for specific coverages.
The table below shows the historical loss data for Toyota Highlander Hybrid vehicles. For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together equals 100. Percentages below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers above 100 point to more claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Toyota Highlander Hybrid Models Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Toyota Highlander Hybrid 4dr 4WD 111 143BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Local Fort Worth insurance agencies
Many people still prefer to talk to a local agent and that is just fine! Experienced insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still choose a local agent. And buying from local agents is especially important in Fort Worth.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), the quote information is emailed to insurance agents in Fort Worth who will give competitive quotes for your business. There is no reason to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. If you want to get a price quote from a specific company, you can always jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
When looking for a local Fort Worth insurance agent, there are a couple of different agency structures from which to choose. Agents are either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types of agents can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s important to know the differences since it could factor into the selection process.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents often have affiliation with several companies so as a result can place your coverage with an assortment of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, an independent agent can move your coverage which makes it simple for you. When comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to compare quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the best comparison. They often place coverage with smaller companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
The following are independent insurance agencies in Fort Worth that can possibly get you pricing information.
- Northside Insurance Agency
1237 Lincoln Ave – Fort Worth, TX 76164 – (817) 626-3100 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Morris Curlee Jr
3000 Altamesa Blvd #150 – Fort Worth, TX 76133 – (817) 370-9838 – View Map
- Peter Polinsky Insurance Agency
8751 Camp Bowie W Blvd #124 – Fort Worth, TX 76116 – (817) 560-9400 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
These type of agents write business for a single company such as State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare rates from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. These agents are very knowledgeable on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. A lot of people purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of the brand name and strong financial ratings.
The following are exclusive agents in Fort Worth that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Laura Geninatti – State Farm Insurance Agent
7510 Davis Blvd Ste A – Fort Worth, TX 76182 – (817) 281-1191 – View Map
- Mike McAda – State Farm Insurance Agent
8501 Boat Club Rd – Fort Worth, TX 76179 – (817) 236-8781 – View Map
- Jerry Bristow – State Farm Insurance Agent
6490 Camp Bowie Blvd – Fort Worth, TX 76116 – (817) 738-2184 – View Map
Picking an auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just the price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- How many years have they been established?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Does their agency support local causes in Fort Worth?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
Cheaper insurance rates are available
When searching for inexpensive Fort Worth car insurance quotes, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not skimp to save money.
You just read a lot of ways to lower your Toyota Highlander Hybrid insurance rates in Fort Worth. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Fort Worth car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best rates are with a small local company.
Insureds switch companies for a variety of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, policy non-renewal and even not issuing a premium refund. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching companies is less work than it seems.
Much more information about insurance in Texas can be read on the following sites:
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Fort Worth Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Corolla? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Inexperienced Drivers in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)