Want to learn how to buy more affordable Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance in Fort Worth? Are you at wits end from trying to scrape together enough money to pay high car insurance rates every month? You are no different than many other vehicle owners in Texas.
It's an obvious conclusion that auto insurance companies don't want you to look for a cheaper policy. People who shop around for cheaper prices will probably buy a new policy because they stand a good chance of finding a lower-priced company. A recent study showed that people who shopped around saved about $70 a month compared to people who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding budget-friendly car insurance in Fort Worth is your ultimate goal, then learning about how to quote and compare insurance premiums can help simplify the process. Big companies like State Farm, Allstate, GEICO and Progressive continually hit you with fancy advertisements and it is difficult to not get sucked in by the cute commercials and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
Getting more affordable auto insurance pricing isn't really that difficult. Consumers just need to take the time getting comparison quotes online with multiple companies.
Comparing rates online is fast and free, and it makes it obsolete to physically go to different Fort Worth agent offices. The fact that you can get quotes online makes this unnecessary unless your situation requires the guidance only provided by licensed Fort Worth agents. Some companies do allow you to price shop online and get advice from an agent in your area.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Fort Worth, TX. If multiple companies are listed, it's highly recommended you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Chevy Silverado 3500HD coverage statistics
The table shown below outlines different policy rates for Chevy Silverado 3500HD models. Having a better understanding of how insurance policy premiums are determined can aid in making decisions when choosing a new policy provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Crew Cab 4WD||$258||$532||$500||$30||$150||$1,470||$123|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Extended Cab 4WD||$258||$532||$500||$30||$150||$1,470||$123|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Crew Cab 2WD||$258||$462||$400||$24||$120||$1,264||$105|
|Silverado 3500HD LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$286||$462||$400||$24||$120||$1,292||$108|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Crew Cab Diesel 2WD||$286||$532||$400||$24||$120||$1,362||$114|
|Silverado 3500HD LTZ Crew Cab Diesel 2WD||$286||$532||$400||$24||$120||$1,362||$114|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free. Table data does not factor in garaging location in Fort Worth which can change coverage prices noticeably.
Why you need car insurance
Even though it can be expensive, car insurance is required for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Silverado 3500HD with a loan, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Chevy at a much higher rate and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Chevy but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Chevy gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. As of last year, the average driver in Texas overpays as much as $750 every year so shop around at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Informed Drivers Can Slash Their Insurance Rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the factors that go into determining your policy premiums. When you understand what determines base rates, this enables informed choices that could help you find lower premium levels.
- Companies want multiple policies - Most major insurance companies will give discounts to policyholders that purchase more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even if you're getting this discount you may still want to check prices from other companies to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Safety first - Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to have lower insurance rates. Vehicles built for safety reduce injuries and any reduction in injury severity translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims which can mean better rates for you.
- You might have higher premiums if you are single - Walking down the aisle helps lower the price when buying auto insurance. Marriage usually means you are more financially stable and insurance companies reward insureds because being married results in fewer claims.
- Liability insurance preserves assets - Liability insurance is the protection if you are determined to be liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. Your liability coverage provides legal defense which can cost a lot. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should carry high limits.
Men drivers tend to cost more - Over time, data shows that women are safer drivers than men. However, this does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women are responsible for auto accidents in similar percentages, but men have accidents that have higher claims. Men also get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving. Teenage male drivers are the most expensive to insure and therefore pay the highest rates.
The example below compares Chevy Silverado 3500HD premium costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no claims or violations, full coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
- Bump up comp and collision deductibles to lower rates - The deductibles define the amount you are required to pay if you file a covered claim. Physical damage insurance, aka comp and collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some coverage claims are a windshield broken by a bird, damage from fire, and having a roll-over accident. The more money the insured is willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- City traffic equals higher prices - Residing in less populated areas of the country has it's advantages when talking about auto insurance. Less people living in that area corresponds to lower accident rates and a lower car theft rate. People who live in big cities have to deal with much more traffic and more time behind the wheel. More time behind the wheel can result in more accidents.
- More stress means more cost - Careers like real estate brokers, executives, and miners tend to pay higher premium rates attributed to high stress levels and long work hours. Conversely, occupations such as professors, students and performers pay lower than average rates.
Companies offer many types of discounts on Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance in Fort Worth
Some insurers don't necessarily list every discount very well, so we took the time to find some of the best known and the more hidden credits available to you. If you don't get every credit you deserve, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Theft Prevention System - Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Passive Restraints - Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- Discount for Good Grades - Excelling in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- Bundled Policy Discount - If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy and insure them with the same company you may earn up to 20% off your total Silverado 3500HD insurance premium.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save a little on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Payment Discounts - By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Life Insurance Discount - Insurance companies who offer life insurance give a lower price if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Cautious Driver Discount - Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accident claims.
One thing to note about discounts is that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won't be that lucky.
The information below visualizes the comparison of Chevy Silverado 3500HD auto insurance rates with and without discounts. The rates are based on a female driver, no claims or driving citations, Texas state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, safe-driver, marriage, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-car discounts applied.
If you would like to view providers that offer some of these discounts in Fort Worth, click here.
Insurance agencies can help
Many people prefer to talk to an insurance agent. Insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help file insurance claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is you can get lower rates and still have an agent to talk to.
By using this quick form, the coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to leave your house since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. If you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you would need to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing the best insurer requires more thought than just a low price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
If you would like to find a reliable insurance agent, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents in Fort Worth are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either one can provide auto insurance policies, but it's important to point out why they differ because it can factor into which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Fort Worth who may provide you with comparison quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel are not required to write business for one company so as a result can place your coverage with multiple insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If they quote lower rates, they simply move your policy to a different company and that require little work on your part. When searching for an agent, you need to get rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
The following is a list of independent insurance agents in Fort Worth that can give you comparison quotes.
Doc Jackson Insurance Agency
3305 Miller Ave - Fort Worth, TX 76119 - (817) 535-5000 - View Map
Cheap car insurance rates are available
Cheap Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance in Fort Worth can be purchased online and from local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies do not provide online rate quotes and most of the time these smaller companies sell through local independent agents.
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance in Fort Worth. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the best auto insurance rates are with the least-expected company. Smaller companies may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don't buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where someone dropped collision coverage and learned later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
Steps to quoting cheaper Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance in Fort Worth
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find low-cost prices for Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance in Fort Worth is to compare quotes annually from different companies who sell insurance in Texas. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about how car insurance works and the measures you can control to keep rates down. Many things that cause rate increases such as multiple speeding tickets and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies. Find a Fort Worth insurance agent
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a better price and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Notify your current company of your intent to cancel your existing policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to the new insurer. Immediately place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle.
One piece of advice is to make sure you enter the same liability limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to compare as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
To learn more, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for First-time Drivers in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Fort Worth Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)