A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that the vast majority of car insurance customers have been with the same company for more than four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared car insurance rates at all. With the average car insurance premium being $2,679, Texas drivers could save roughly 70% each year by just shopping around, but they just don't understand the amount of money they would save if they changed companies.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find cheaper quotes for auto insurance rates in Fort Worth is to compare prices at least once a year from companies who can sell car insurance in Texas.
First, it will benefit you to learn about how insurance works and the measures you can take to keep rates down. Many things that cause rate increases such as traffic citations, accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Second, compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers. Compare rates
Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Fourth, tell your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new agent or company. As soon as coverage is bound, store the proof of insurance certificate in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One piece of advice is to try to compare similar limits and deductibles on each quote and and to compare as many companies as you can. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
Finding the cheapest insurance coverage in Fort Worth can really be easy if you know what you're doing. In a nutshell, each driver who compares rate quotes for insurance will probably get a lower-priced policy. Although Texas vehicle owners must understand the way companies sell online because rates fluctuate considerably.
How to shop Kia Sorento insurance online
When comparing car insurance rates, know that obtaining a wide range of quotes gives you a better chance of getting a lower rate.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Texas. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why you need insurance for your Kia vehicle
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Fort Worth, car insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Kia has a loan, it's most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Kia at an extremely high rate and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects your car and your assets. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Kia as the result of the weather or an accident, your car insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having car insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially when you need to use it. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying more than $850 per year so compare rate quotes once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
How Insurance Companies Calculate Kia Sorento Insurance Prices
Many things are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, but other factors are less apparent like your vehicle usage or your commute time.
The factors shown below are some of the major factors used by companies to determine prices.
More traffic equals higher costs - Having an address in less populated areas can save you money when talking about auto insurance. Urban drivers tend to have congested traffic and more time behind the wheel. Less people means fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
Choose high crash test ratings and save - Vehicles with good safety scores can get you lower premiums. Safe vehicles result in less severe injuries and any reduction in injury severity translates directly to fewer claims which can result in lower premiums. If your Kia Sorento has ratings of a minimum an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it is probably cheaper to insure.
Rate your vehicle for proper use - Driving more miles in a year the more it will cost to insure it. Most insurance companies price each vehicle's coverage based upon how much you drive. Autos that have low annual miles can be on a lower rate level compared to those used for work or business. Make sure your auto insurance declarations sheet properly reflects how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money. Improper usage on your Sorento can cost quite a bit.
Costs for males may be higher - The statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. However, don't assume that men are WORSE drivers than women. Males and females get in at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but the males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also get higher numbers of serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI).
Claims statistics for a Kia Sorento - Companies study historical loss data as a way to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Models that have higher loss trends will cost more for coverage.
The next table illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Kia Sorento vehicles. For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is equal to 100. Percentage numbers below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values over 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Kia Sorento 4dr 2WD||80||86||82||110||111||94|
|Kia Sorento 4dr 4WD||85||87||101||97||98||85|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do you qualify for discounts?
Some insurance providers don't always publicize every policy discount in a way that's easy to find, so the below list has a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Fort Worth car insurance online.
- Fort Worth Homeowners Pay Less - Owning a house in Fort Worth can help you save on auto insurance since home ownership shows financial diligence.
- Life Insurance - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn lower premium rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- Buy New and Save - Putting auto insurance coverage on a new Sorento can save you some money because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Employees or retirees of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with certain companies.
- Bundle and Save - When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance and place coverage with the same company you could get a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving may be able to save a few bucks on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Payment Method - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying in monthly installments you could save up to 5%.
It's important to note that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, auto insurance companies aren't that generous.
To see insurers who offer cheap Kia Sorento insurance quotes in Fort Worth in Fort Worth, click here to view.
Insurance is available from agents near you
A small number of people just want to sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a smart move One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance online is you can get better rates and still buy from a local agent.
After completing this quick form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to companies in Fort Worth who will give competitive quotes for your business. There is no reason to drive around because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. You can get cheaper insurance rates and work with a local agent. If you need to compare prices from a specific insurance company, don't hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good insurance company requires you to look at more than just a low price. These questions are important to ask:
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Are they full-time agents?
If you prefer to buy insurance from a reliable agent, it's important to understand the types of insurance agents that you can select. Agents in Fort Worth can either be exclusive agents or independent agents.
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are very knowledgeable on their company's products which aids in selling service over price.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Fort Worth that are able to give rate quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies do not have single company limitations so they have the ability to put coverage through many companies and get the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, the business is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing insurance rates, you need to check rates from several independent insurance agents in order to have the best price comparison.
Below are Fort Worth independent insurance agents who can help you get price quotes.
Upon getting good feedback to any questions you may have and inexpensive Kia Sorento insurance in Fort Worth quotes, you may have just found an insurance agent that is reputable and can provide insurance coverage. But keep in mind you can always cancel your policy for any reason so never feel that you're stuck with your new company with no way out.
Quote more to save more
As you quote Fort Worth car insurance, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost while still protecting your assets.
We just covered many ways to lower your Kia Sorento insurance rates in Fort Worth. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the lowest rates are with a small local company. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
Even more information can be read at these sites:
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- How Much is Fort Worth Car Insurance for a Hyundai Elantra? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Fort Worth Auto Insurance for Teenagers? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)