It’s a known fact that insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. People who compare price quotes will, in all likelihood, switch companies because there is a significant possibility of finding coverage at a more affordable price. Remarkably, a study showed that drivers who compared prices regularly saved over $72 a month as compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the lowest rates on insurance is your objective, then learning a little about how to shop for insurance rates can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get cheaper car insurance rates is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from companies who provide car insurance in Fort Worth. This can be done by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about auto insurance and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that drive up the price like speeding tickets, accidents and a bad credit rating can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Keep reading for additional ideas to help keep rates affordable and get additional discounts.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find better rates, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Step 4: Notify your agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new insurance company. Once the application is submitted, safely store the certificate verifying coverage along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
An important note is to use identical coverage information on each quote and and to get quotes from every insurance company. Doing this ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Reducing your Pontiac GTO insurance rates is actually easier than you may think. The only thing you need to do is take a few minutes to compare rates from online providers.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price quotes in Fort Worth, TX. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you get prices from several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Slash your insurance rates with discounts
Not too many consumers would say insurance is affordable, but companies offer discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Most are applied when you get a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be specifically requested prior to getting the savings.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers that enable their insurance company to study driving habits by installing a telematics device like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot might get better premium rates if they have good driving habits.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you will save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Fort Worth Homeowners Discount – Owning a home in Fort Worth may earn you a small savings since owning and maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Active Military Service – Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- ABS Brakes – Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control are much safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts up to 30%.
As is typical with insurance, some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Popular insurance companies and a selection of discounts are detailed below.
- Travelers includes discounts for good student, payment discounts, student away at school, multi-policy, and multi-car.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include early bird, driver training, automatic seat belts, good student, theft prevention, and air bags.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for passive restraint, driver’s education, anti-theft, good driver, Drive Safe & Save, good student, and multiple autos.
- GEICO discounts include emergency military deployment, seat belt use, membership and employees, good student, and military active duty.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for anti-lock brakes, accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, drive less, and teen safe driver.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, pay-in-full, anti-theft, good student, multi-policy, and multi-car.
Double check with each company or agent what discounts are available to you. Some discounts may not apply in Fort Worth.
Choosing Pontiac GTO insurance is an important decision
Despite the potentially high cost of Pontiac GTO insurance, maintaining insurance is required in Texas but also provides important benefits.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Pontiac GTO, almost every bank will require that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Pontiac at a much higher rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Pontiac but also your financial assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. But the average driver in Texas is overpaying more than $850 per year so compare rate quotes once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
When to get professional advice
Always remember that when buying your policy, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Every situation is different and your policy should reflect that.
For instance, these questions may help you determine if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Texas?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Car insurance agents near you
Some consumers prefer to buy from a licensed agent. Licensed agents can help determine the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. A nice benefit of comparing insurance online is the fact that you can find cheap insurance rates but also keep your business local. And buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Fort Worth.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to agents in your area that can give you free Fort Worth auto insurance quotes to get your business. You don’t have to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance provider, just visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Independent or Exclusive: It’s your choice
When finding a reliable insurance agent, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Insurance agencies can either be exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either can provide insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning why they differ since it can affect the type of agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies are not limited to a single company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many different insurance companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If your premiums go up, the business is moved internally and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing rates, it’s recommended you get several quotes from independent agents in order to compare the most rates. They often place coverage with companies you’ve never heard of which may provide better rates.
Featured below is a list of independent insurance agents in Fort Worth who can help you get free rate quotes.
- Doc Jackson Insurance Agency
3305 Miller Ave – Fort Worth, TX 76119 – (817) 535-5000 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Morris Curlee Jr
3000 Altamesa Blvd #150 – Fort Worth, TX 76133 – (817) 370-9838 – View Map
- Woods Insurance Agency
2740 Western Center Blvd #504 – Fort Worth, TX 76131 – (817) 232-1580 – View Map
Exclusive agents write business for a single company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some people will only choose to use an exclusive agent primarily because of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Fort Worth that are able to give price quote information.
- Eddie Bermea – State Farm Insurance Agent
6252 McCart Ave – Fort Worth, TX 76133 – (817) 294-7400 – View Map
- Ricardo Rivera – State Farm Insurance Agent
2516 NE 28th St Ste 124 – Fort Worth, TX 76106 – (817) 945-2900 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Robert Lee
908 W Berry St b – Fort Worth, TX 76110 – (817) 923-0555 – View Map
Deciding on a car insurance agent requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Texas?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?