Unbelievable but true, about 70% of customers kept their policy with the same company for well over three years, and 38% of drivers have never shopped around. Fort Worth drivers could pocket roughly $1,770 a year by just comparing quotes, but they don't know the actual amount they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get discount car insurance rates in Fort Worth is to start doing a yearly price comparison from different companies that insure vehicles in Texas.
- Take a little time to learn about what is in your policy and the measures you can take to lower rates. Many rating factors that result in higher prices like accidents, traffic tickets, and an unacceptable credit history can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper rate is available in Fort Worth. If you can save money, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your company or agent to cancel your current coverage and submit a down payment along with a completed application for your new policy. Make sure you keep the new proof of insurance paperwork along with your vehicle registration.
One bit of advice is to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Finding cheaper car insurance coverage in Fort Worth is easy to do. Essentially every vehicle owner who is required by state law to have car insurance will get better rates. But Texas car owners should learn how the larger insurance companies calculate their prices and use it to find better rates.
Cheap companies for Pontiac Grand Prix insurance
The companies shown below provide quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are shown, it's highly recommended you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most affordable rates.
These discounts can lower your auto insurance quotes
Car insurance is not cheap, but there could be significant discounts that may help make it more affordable. Certain reductions will be credited when you get a quote, but some need to be specially asked for before you will receive the discount. If you aren't receiving every discount available, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Distant Student - Any of your kids who are attending college and don't have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings of 20% or more.
- Multi-line Discount - Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you a lower rate if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Military Deployment Discount - Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower prices.
- No Charge for an Accident - This isn't a discount exactly, but some companies like GEICO, Progressive, and Allstate allow you one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Payment Method - By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Taking a course in defensive driver can save you 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Homeowners Savings - Owning your own home or condo can earn you a little savings because maintaining a house means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- 55 and Retired - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may qualify for reduced rates.
Please keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though the math looks like you could get a free auto insurance policy, you're out of luck.
A few of the larger companies and the discounts they provide are:
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including emergency road assistance, renters, DriveSense, good driver, and defensive driver.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include bundle, air bag, defensive driver, anti-theft, driver training, and vehicle fuel type.
- AAA offers discounts including education and occupation, good student, AAA membership discount, good driver, anti-theft, multi-car, and pay-in-full.
- GEICO includes discounts for defensive driver, good student, air bags, seat belt use, daytime running lights, driver training, and five-year accident-free.
- State Farm may include discounts for accident-free, good driver, driver's education, Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, and student away at school.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every prospective company which discounts can lower your rates. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of providers that offer the discounts shown above in Texas, click here.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When buying your policy, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions can help discover whether you might need professional guidance.
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Pontiac Grand Prix?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- How high should deductibles be on a Pontiac Grand Prix?
If you're not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Are car insurance agents obsolete?
Many drivers prefer to buy from a local agent and often times that is recommended A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is you may find the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent. And buying from local agencies is especially important in Fort Worth.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, the quote information is sent to companies in Fort Worth who will give you quotes to get your business. You won't even need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. You'll get the best rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to quote rates for a specific company, just search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
If you're trying to find local Fort Worth agents, there are a couple of different types of agents that you can choose from. Agents are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are not limited to a single company so they can insure your vehicles with a variety of different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, your policy is moved internally and you don't have to find a new agent.
When comparing rates, you should always include at a minimum one independent agency so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agents in Fort Worth who can help you get comparison quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Darla Duncan Insurance Agency
5801 Curzon Ave #137 - Fort Worth, TX 76107 - (817) 731-0991 - View Map
Exclusive insurance agents generally can only insure with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. These agents are not able to provide other company's prices so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their company's products which aids in selling service over price.
Below are Fort Worth exclusive agents willing to provide price quotes.
Picking an car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a low price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- If they are an independent agency in Fort Worth, which companies do they recommend?
- Does their agency support local causes in Fort Worth?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
Persistence will pay off
When searching for cheaper Fort Worth auto insurance quotes, don't be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, someone sacrificed full coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Affordable Pontiac Grand Prix insurance in Fort Worth can be bought from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies may not have internet price quotes and many times these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
Insureds switch companies for a number of reasons such as poor customer service, delays in responding to claim requests, delays in paying claims or even being labeled a high risk driver. Whatever your reason, finding a new car insurance company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Silverado in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Young Drivers in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Fort Worth Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Ford Explorer in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Felons in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Versa in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)