Really, the only way to get affordable car insurance rates in Fort Worth is to start doing a yearly price comparison from different companies in Texas. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Try to understand how insurance works and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many rating factors that drive up the price like careless driving and an unacceptable credit score can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to the new insurer. As soon as you receive it, keep your new certificate of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
The key thing to know about shopping around is that you use similar deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get prices from every company you can. This ensures a fair price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Unimaginable but true, a large majority of drivers in Texas renewed their policy with the same company for over three years, and nearly half have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. American insurance shoppers can save as much as $850 each year by just shopping around, but they feel it’s too difficult to save money by comparing rate quotes.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will be able to get lower rates using the ideas you’re about to read. Quoting and comparing rates for the cheapest car insurance policy in Fort Worth is not as hard as you think. But Texas car owners must learn the way companies determine how much to charge because rates are impacted by many factors.
To get inexpensive Fort Worth auto insurance quotes, there a variety of ways of comparing price quotes from companies that offer auto insurance in Texas. The best way to compare rates is to get quotes online.
Just remember that getting more free quotes helps locate better pricing.
The companies shown below can provide free quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you get prices from several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Cheaper Lincoln Navigator insurance in Fort Worth
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there could be significant discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain reductions will be credited when you purchase, but a few need to be requested specifically before being credited.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some larger companies give discounts for signing up prior to your current Navigator insurance policy expiring. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- 55 and Retired – Seniors could receive a small discount on rates.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm may permit one accident before your rates go up if your claims history is clear for a specific time period.
- Fort Worth Homeowners Pay Less – Just owning your own home can earn you a little savings because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- Sign Online – Certain car insurance companies will give you a small discount for signing up on the internet.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance and place coverage with the same company you may save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Multi-car Discount – Insuring multiple cars or trucks on the same car insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Theft Deterrent System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
Keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
The illustration below shows the difference between Lincoln Navigator insurance premiums with and without some available policy discounts. The costs are based on a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, Texas state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-car, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
Large car insurance companies and some of the discounts are included below.
- State Farm includes discounts for defensive driving training, safe vehicle, student away at school, multiple autos, multiple policy, and passive restraint.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including pay in full, electronic funds transfer, early shopping, multi-car, youthful driver, and alternative fuel.
- GEICO may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, federal employee, membership and employees, multi-policy, five-year accident-free, and driver training.
- American Family may include discounts for air bags, good student, TimeAway discount, accident-free, and multi-vehicle.
- Nationwide discounts include easy pay, Farm Bureau membership, business or organization, defensive driving, and multi-policy.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-policy, online signing, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, homeowner, continuous coverage, and good student.
When getting free Fort Worth auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all the companies which credits you are entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not be available in every state. For a list of insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Texas, click here to view.
Rates and data analysis
The coverage table shown below covers a range of prices for Lincoln Navigator models. Learning more about how auto insurance prices are figured can benefit drivers when making informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Navigator L 2WD||$378||$542||$500||$30||$150||$1,600||$133|
|Navigator L 4WD||$378||$542||$500||$30||$150||$1,600||$133|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in specific Fort Worth garaging location which can increase or decrease premiums greatly.
Safe drivers Fort Worth pay cheaper rates
The diagram below demonstrates how speeding tickets and accident claims drive up Lincoln Navigator insurance costs for each different age group. The prices are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Auto insurance quotes from local Fort Worth insurance agents
Many people would prefer to sit down with an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is that you can obtain cheap auto insurance quotes and still have a local agent. Supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Fort Worth.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Fort Worth that can provide free Fort Worth auto insurance quotes for your business. There is no need to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. You can find lower rates AND an agent nearby. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you can always find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Car insurance agents in Fort Worth come in two varieties
If you are wanting to find an insurance agent, you should know the types of agencies and how they work. Auto insurance agencies may be either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent are not restricted to one company so they have the ability to put coverage through lots of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If you want to switch companies, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to find a new agent. If you need lower rates, we recommend you compare quotes from multiple independent agents to have the best price comparison. Most also write with smaller companies which can save you money.
Below is a small list of independent agencies in Fort Worth that may be able to provide free price quotes.
- Doc Jackson Insurance Agency
3305 Miller Ave – Fort Worth, TX 76119 – (817) 535-5000 – View Map
- Al Boenker Insurance Agency, Inc.
6030 Jacksboro Hwy – Fort Worth, TX 76135 – (817) 306-2300 – View Map
- Fort Worth Insurance Agency
5049 Trail Lake Dr – Fort Worth, TX 76133 – (817) 292-2929 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents work for only one company and examples are AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some people will only purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of the brand rather than having low rates.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Fort Worth willing to provide rate quotes.
- Earl Wood – State Farm Insurance Agent
2900 S Hulen St #50 – Fort Worth, TX 76109 – (817) 922-9300 – View Map
- Jerry Yowell – State Farm Insurance Agent
4900 Overton Ridge Blvd Ste 211 – Fort Worth, TX 76132 – (817) 292-5775 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Maria Amaya
2252 Jacksboro Hwy – Fort Worth, TX 76114 – (817) 624-2438 – View Map
Picking an insurance agency is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Fort Worth?
- How many companies do they write for?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
Once you have answers to your satisfaction as well as inexpensive Lincoln Navigator insurance in Fort Worth quotes, most likely you have located an insurance agent that can provide auto insurance coverage. Just remember you are entitled to cancel a policy any time you want so never feel that you’re stuck with a specific company indefinitely.
Choices You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Prices
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the factors that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for insurance. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that may result in lower insurance prices. Many factors are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, but other criteria are more transparent such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are.
Experienced drivers save more – Older people are shown to be more cautious, statistically cause fewer accidents, and get fewer tickets. Teenage drivers have been known to be inattentive and easily distracted in a vehicle and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
The data below is based on a single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Battle of the sexes – Statistics demonstrate that women are safer drivers than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Both genders tend to get into accidents in similar percentages, but the males get into accidents with more damage. Men also tend to receive more major tickets such as reckless driving. Male teenagers tend to get in the most accidents and therefore pay the highest rates.
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Lincoln Navigator annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on no claims or violations, full coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
Big cities have higher rates – Residing in areas with lower population has it’s advantages when it comes to insurance. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accident claims in addition to lower liability claims. Residents of big cities have to deal with more traffic problems and a longer drive to work. Spending more time driving can result in more accidents.
Gaps in coverage mean higher insurance rates – Not maintaining insurance is against the law and insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance coverage expire. And not only will insurance be more expensive, not being able to provide proof of insurance could earn you a license revocation or jail time. You may then be required to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Texas DMV.
Better rates with anti-theft devices – Buying a car with a theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Theft deterrent systems such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all help stop your car from being stolen.
Lincoln Navigator insurance loss data – Insurance companies include the past claim trends for vehicles when setting premium rates. Vehicles that the statistics show to have increased claim numbers or amounts will cost more for specific coverages.
The table below demonstrates the historical insurance loss data for Lincoln Navigator vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is represented as 100. Percentage values below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values over 100 indicate more frequent losses or a tendency for claims to be larger.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Lincoln Navigator 4dr 2WD||109||114||61|
|Lincoln Navigator 4dr 4WD||93||89||82|
|Lincoln Navigator L 4dr 2WD||129||69|
|Lincoln Navigator L 4dr 4WD||101||116||119|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance is not optional
Even though it can be expensive, buying auto insurance serves an important purpose.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Lincoln has a loan, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Lincoln at an extremely high rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your car and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially with large liability claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is currently overpaying as much as $700 annually so compare rate quotes each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Cheaper insurance rates are possible
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how you can get a better price on Lincoln Navigator insurance in Fort Worth. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Fort Worth auto insurance, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper Fort Worth auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies.
Discount Lincoln Navigator insurance in Fort Worth can be sourced online and with local Fort Worth insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who don’t offer online quoting and many times these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent agents.
When you buy Fort Worth auto insurance online, it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
To learn more, link through to these articles:
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Affordable Fort Worth Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Welfare Recipients in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)