Statistics show that most Texas insurance customers renewed their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and just under half have never even compared rates from other companies. American consumers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t know how much they could save if they switched.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get affordable auto insurance rates in Fort Worth is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from companies who sell insurance in Texas. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
- Step 1: Gain an understanding of the different coverages in a policy and the measures you can take to keep rates down. Many things that result in higher prices such as at-fault accidents and poor credit can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy premium and determine if cheaper IS 300 coverage is available in Fort Worth. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The most important part of shopping around is to compare identical coverages on each quote and and to look at every insurance company. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and the best rate selection.
The purpose of this article is to instruct you on how to get online quotes and some tips to save money. If you are already insured, you will be able to buy cheaper car insurance using the ideas covered in this article. Although Texas consumers do need to learn the methods companies use to set your policy premium because it can help you find the best coverage.
Lower rate quotes by taking advantage of discounts
Some companies do not advertise all possible discounts very well, so the list below details a few of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving when you buy Fort Worth auto insurance online.
- 55 and Retired – Older drivers may receive a small decrease in premiums.
- College Student – Youth drivers who attend college more than 100 miles from Fort Worth and don’t have a car can receive lower rates.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Lexus can earn better prices on cars that stay parked.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but companies like Liberty Mutual, GEICO and Allstate permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Passing a safe driver course could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Early Switch Discount – A few insurance companies offer discounts for buying a policy prior to the expiration date on your current IS 300 insurance policy. It could save around 10% when you buy Fort Worth auto insurance online.
- Bundle and Save – If you combine your home and auto policies with the same company you could save 10% to 20% off each policy.
Discounts lower rates, but many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way.
Companies and their offered discounts are:
- Farmers Insurance discounts include distant student, electronic funds transfer, good student, teen driver, multi-car, and bundle discounts.
- State Farm has savings for Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, safe vehicle, good driver, and multiple autos.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for teen driver discount, new vehicle discount, exclusive group savings, good student, new move discount, hybrid vehicle, and newly married.
- MetLife offers discounts including multi-policy, accident-free, good student, defensive driver, claim-free, and good driver.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online quote discount, continuous coverage, online signing, good student, and multi-policy.
If you want cheaper Fort Worth auto insurance quotes, ask every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts might not apply in every state. To choose insurance companies with discount rates in Texas, click here to view.
When shopping for low cost Fort Worth auto insurance quotes, there are a couple of ways to compare prices from many different Texas insurance companies. The simplest method to compare Lexus IS 300 insurance prices consists of shopping online.
Doing online price quotes comparisons is so easy that it takes the place of having to drive around to local insurance agencies. Shopping for auto insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you want the professional advice of a licensed agent. It is possible with some companies find lower rates online but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
When price shopping your coverage, having more price comparisons increases the chance that you will find better pricing.
The following companies have been selected to offer price quotes in Fort Worth, TX. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Informed Drivers Know How to Buy Auto Insurance at a Discount
It’s important that you understand a few of the rating criteria that come into play when calculating the level of your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that may reward you with better auto insurance rates. Lots of things are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, although others are not as apparent like where you live or how financially stable you are.
The factors shown below are some of the factors auto insurance companies consider when setting your premiums.
- Does your vocation raise your premiums? – Careers like military personnel, executives, and stock brokers generally pay higher average rates because of intense work-related stress and lots of time spent away from family. Conversely, occupations such as professors, students and the unemployed pay lower than average rates.
- Don’t abuse auto insurance claims – Insurance companies in Texas award the best rates to people who do not file claims often. If you frequently file small claims, you can pretty much guarantee either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Your car insurance is designed for more catastrophic claims.
- Alarm systems systems cut prices – Choosing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Advanced theft deterrents like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can thwart auto theft.
- Prevent auto insurance policy lapses – Driving any period of time without insurance is illegal and companies may charge more for letting your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. In addition to paying higher rates, getting caught without coverage will get you a revoked license or a big fine. You may then be required to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Texas motor vehicle department.
- Don’t cut corners with liability – Liability coverage provides coverage if ever you are responsible for an accident. Liability provides you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. It is affordable coverage compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Drive lots and pay more – The more miles you rack up on your Lexus each year the more you’ll pay to insure it. The majority of insurers price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how much you drive. Autos used primarily for pleasure use cost less to insure than vehicles that are driven to work every day. It’s a good idea to make sure your auto insurance declarations sheet is showing the correct driver usage, because it can save money. Improper usage on your IS 300 is just wasting money.
When to have guidance from a local insurance agent
Many people still like to get advice from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision A good thing about price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find cheap insurance rates and also buy local. Buying from local agents is important particularly in Fort Worth.
Once you complete this simple form, your coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Fort Worth who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND a local agent. If you need to quote rates from a specific company, just visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
If you need to find an insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures and how they operate. Insurance policy providers are categorized either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents are not limited to a single company so they can insure your vehicles through many different insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can just switch to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent.
If you are comparing insurance prices, you need to get some free quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to maximize your price options.
The following are Fort Worth independent insurance agencies that can possibly get you price quotes.
Doc Jackson Insurance Agency
3305 Miller Ave – Fort Worth, TX 76119 – (817) 535-5000 – View Map
Peter Polinsky Insurance Agency
8751 Camp Bowie W Blvd #124 – Fort Worth, TX 76116 – (817) 560-9400 – View Map
Fort Worth Insurance Agency
5049 Trail Lake Dr – Fort Worth, TX 76133 – (817) 292-2929 – View Map
Agents of this type write business for a single company like State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to shop your coverage around so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on what they offer which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Below are Fort Worth exclusive agents that are able to give rate quotes.
Allstate Insurance: Robert Stine
3509 Hulen St Ste 103 – Fort Worth, TX 76107 – (817) 377-4048 – View Map
Eddie Bermea – State Farm Insurance Agent
6252 McCart Ave – Fort Worth, TX 76133 – (817) 294-7400 – View Map
Allstate Insurance: Frank Sargent
6901 McCart Ave Ste 100 – Fort Worth, TX 76133 – (817) 370-1895 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agency requires you to look at more than just a low price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
Three main reasons to buy car insurance
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance is required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your IS 300 has a lienholder, almost every bank will force you to have full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Lexus at a much higher rate and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance preserves not only your Lexus but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If your Lexus gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying over $869 every year so smart consumers compare quotes at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of tips how to compare Lexus IS 300 insurance prices in Fort Worth. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest prices are with some of the smallest insurance companies. These smaller insurers can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Low-cost Lexus IS 300 insurance in Fort Worth is attainable online and from local insurance agents, so get free Fort Worth auto insurance quotes from both of them so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who do not offer price quotes online and these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent agents.
Additional detailed information is available in these articles:
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Fort Worth Auto Insurance for Teenagers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Teenage Females in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Inexperienced Drivers in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)