It's an obvious statement that car insurance companies don't want you to look at other companies. Drivers who shop for lower rates are likely to buy a new policy because there is a significant possibility of finding lower rate quotes. A recent survey discovered that consumers who make a habit of shopping around saved on average $3,400 over four years compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the cheapest price for car insurance is the reason you're here, then having some insight into how to compare insurance premiums can save time and money.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find low-cost Kia Spectra insurance is to compare quotes once a year from providers in Fort Worth. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Spend some time learning about how insurance works and the things you can control to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices like traffic violations and a poor credit rating can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Read the full article for more information to get cheaper coverage and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Fort Worth. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One thing to point out is to make sure you enter identical coverages on every price quote and and to get price quotes from as many different companies as possible. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and many rates to choose from.
How to compare Kia Spectra insurance price quotes in Fort Worth
Finding cheaper Fort Worth auto insurance rates is not a difficult process. Drivers just need to take a couple of minutes comparing rates provided by online insurance companies.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Fort Worth, TX. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Three reasons to not skimp on car insurance
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle is required in Texas but also provides important benefits.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, most banks will require that you have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Kia at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your Kia Spectra but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your Kia as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having car insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is wasting up to $700 annually so you should quote your policy with other companies each time the policy renews to save money.
How to Lower Your Insurance Premiums
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at some of the things that are used to determine your premiums. If you have a feel for what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that can help you get lower insurance prices. Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, but some are more transparent like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven.
- Pay more of a claim out-of-pocket - Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles tell how much the insured will be required to pay if you file a covered claim. Physical damage protection, aka comp and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims could be collision with another vehicle, fire damage, and damage caused by road hazards. The higher the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for insurance.
- Males tend to take more risk - Over time, data shows that females tend to be a little less risky than males. The data does not necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women have fender benders in similar percentages, but males get into accidents with more damage. Men also statistically receive more major tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
- Save money with alarms and GPS tracking - Choosing to buy a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can save you some money. Advanced theft deterrents such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms can help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
- Being married reduces risk - Having a significant other may earn you lower rates when buying insurance. It may mean you are less irresponsible and insurance companies reward insureds because married couples file fewer claims.
- Low credit history equals high costs - Having a bad credit history factor in determining what you pay for insurance. Insureds with high credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with poor credit scores. If your credit history leaves room for improvement, you may save money insuring your Kia Spectra by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Older drivers pay less - Teen drivers in Texas tend to be easily distracted when driving with friends so insurance rates are higher. Parents adding a beginning driver to your insurance policy can be very expensive. Mature drivers are more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
- Liability coverage - Your insurance policy's liability coverage kicks in in the event that you are found liable for damages caused by your negligence. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage starting from day one. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
Auto insurance can be complex
When it comes to buying coverage, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if your situation would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Is pet coverage available?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
If you're not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don't have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Be persistent and save
When buying insurance coverage, it's a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, an accident victim reduced full coverage only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage at the best cost, but do not skimp to save money.
We've covered a lot of ways to compare Kia Spectra insurance car insurance rates in Fort Worth. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the lowest car insurance rates come from the least-expected company.
Discount Kia Spectra insurance in Fort Worth is attainable from both online companies and with local Fort Worth insurance agents, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies may not offer price quotes online and these small insurance companies work with independent agencies.
Additional detailed information is available by following these links:
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Subaru Outback in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Fort Worth Auto Insurance for a Kia Optima? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)