It's an obvious statement that insurance companies don't want you to compare rates. Consumers who shop around for better prices are very likely to switch to a new company because they have a good chance of finding a cheaper policy. A survey found that consumers who routinely shopped around saved on average $850 each year compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If finding the lowest rates on car insurance in Fort Worth is your ultimate goal, understanding how to quote prices and compare insurance coverage can help you be more efficient.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find affordable quotes for Kia Borrego insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from companies who sell insurance in Fort Worth. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
- Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about policy coverages and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that cause high rates like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a not-so-good credit score can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Read the full article for instructions to prevent high rates and find hidden discounts.
- Step 2: Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing rates and see if you can save money. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment for the new policy. As soon as coverage is bound, place your new proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is to make sure you enter similar limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get quotes from every insurance company. This provides a fair price comparison and the best rate selection.
This article's intent is to familiarize you with how to effectively get price quotes and how you can save the most money. If you have a policy now, you will definitely be able to find the best rates using the ideas you're about to read. But Texas vehicle owners need to learn how companies determine premium rates because it varies considerably.
The quickest method we recommend to compare insurance rates from multiple companies takes advantage of the fact all the major auto insurance companies allow for online access to quote your coverage. The one thing you need to do is provide information such as whether you drive to work or school, whether your vehicle is owned or leased, whether you have decent credit, and the year, make and model of vehicles. Your information is instantly provided to insurance companies and they return rate quotes immediately.
To find the cheapest Kia Borrego insurance rates, click here then complete the form.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Fort Worth, TX. If multiple companies are listed, it's highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Auto insurance just makes sense
Even though Fort Worth Borrego insurance rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Kia has a loan, almost every bank will require you to have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Kia at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your car. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying more than $850 per year so you should quote rates every year to ensure rates are inline.
Lower rate quotes with these five discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you may find discounts to help offset the cost. Many discounts should be triggered when you get a quote, but once in a while a discount must be specially asked for before they will apply.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Life Insurance Discount - Some auto insurance companies give a small discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Safety Course Discount - Taking part in a safe driver course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Fort Worth Homeowners Discount - Just being a homeowner can save a few bucks since owning and maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think you could get a free auto insurance policy, you aren't that lucky.
A few popular companies and some of the discounts can be read below.
- Progressive has savings for good student, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online signing, homeowner, and online quote discount.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for distant student, electronic funds transfer, pay in full, homeowner, switch companies, and business and professional.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for multi-policy, driver training, youthful driver, renewal discount, and good student.
- State Farm has discounts for multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, safe vehicle, anti-theft, and accident-free.
- GEICO offers discounts including air bags, driver training, five-year accident-free, membership and employees, emergency military deployment, daytime running lights, and anti-theft.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include bundle discounts, anti-lock brakes, drive less, teen safe driver, and teen safety rewards.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for multi-car, new graduate, multi-policy, preferred payment discount, newly married, new vehicle discount, and hybrid vehicle.
If you need lower rates, check with each insurance company which discounts they offer. Some discounts listed above might not apply everywhere. To find companies that offer discounts in Fort Worth, click this link.
Local Fort Worth auto insurance agents
Many drivers still like to sit down with an agent and that is a personal choice. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is that you can find the best rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying insurance from local insurance agents is important particularly in Fort Worth.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), the quote information is sent to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes to get your business. It's much easier because you don't need to do any legwork because prices are sent to you directly. You can find lower rates without requiring a lot of work. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Choose an insurance agent wisely
If you want to buy car insurance from local Fort Worth agents, you should know the types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agents are considered either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are not limited to a single company and that allows them to write policies through many different car insurance companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If they quote lower rates, your policy is moved internally and you stay with the same agent.
If you are comparing rate quotes, it's a good idea to get some free quotes from a few independent agents to get the best comparison.
Featured below are Fort Worth independent insurance agents who may provide free car insurance quotes.
These type of agents can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. These agents are not able to compare other company's rates so you might not find the best rates. They receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Fort Worth that are able to give rate quotes.
Picking an auto insurance agent requires more thought than just a low price. Get answers to these questions too.
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
Auto insurance policy coverages for a Kia Borrego
Knowing the specifics of a auto insurance policy can help you determine appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you'll find typical coverage types offered by auto insurance companies.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage - This coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family and damage to your Kia Borrego.
Since many Texas drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (30/60/25), their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Frequently the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Liability auto insurance - Liability insurance provides protection from damage that occurs to a person or their property that is your fault. It protects YOU from legal claims by others. Liability doesn't cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show values of 30/60/25 which stand for a limit of $30,000 per injured person, a limit of $60,000 in injury protection per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for things like medical services, attorney fees, structural damage, legal defense fees and emergency aid. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but it's cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible. Texas requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but you should think about purchasing better liability coverage.
The illustration below shows why buying low liability limits may not provide adequate coverage.
Medical expense coverage - Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses for hospital visits, surgery, prosthetic devices, doctor visits and funeral costs. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive protection - This pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as vandalism, hail damage and falling objects. The maximum amount you'll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle's value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision - This coverage covers damage to your Borrego from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for claims such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, damaging your car on a curb and crashing into a ditch. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. You can also increase the deductible on your Borrego in order to get cheaper collision rates.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
Cheaper car insurance in Fort Worth can be bought online as well as from insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers do not offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional carriers only sell through independent insurance agents.
When buying insurance coverage, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that it was a big error on their part. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate and still be able to protect your assets.
We just covered a lot of techniques to save on Kia Borrego insurance in Fort Worth. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get auto insurance rates for, the better likelihood of getting affordable Fort Worth auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the most savings is with a small local company. These companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Business Use in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Good Students in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Felons in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Versa in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- What if I Can't Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)