Nobody I know likes buying insurance, especially when they are aware that their premiums are through the roof.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that a large majority of drivers have remained with the same insurance company for more than four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. Drivers in Texas could save 70% every year by just comparing quotes, but they won’t spend time to compare rates and save money.
Steps to saving on Volvo XC70 insurance in Fort Worth
The most effective way to save on Volvo XC70 insurance in Fort Worth is to compare prices at least once a year from different companies in Texas. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Read about how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can change to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases such as traffic citations, accidents, and a bad credit rating can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article gives instructions to prevent rate hikes and find more discounts that you may not know about.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple companies.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money and change companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company of your decision to cancel your current policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application for the new coverage. Don’t forget to place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is that you use the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to look at every insurance company. This enables a fair rate comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Companies like Allstate and Progressive all claim big savings, bombarding you with advertising and consumers find it hard to sift through the bull and find the best price available.
The most recommended method to compare car insurance company rates for Volvo XC70 insurance in Fort Worth takes advantage of the fact almost all companies participate in a system to provide you with a free rate quote. The only thing you need to do is take a few minutes to give details like if you require a SR-22, if you went to college, if it has an alarm system, and if you have a valid license. Your rating data gets sent immediately to insurance carriers in your area and they respond with quotes within a short period of time.
To start a quote now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Fort Worth.
The companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Fort Worth, TX. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Coverage statistics and figures
The premium table displayed next highlights detailed analysis of coverage costs for Volvo XC70 models. Having a good grasp of how insurance premiums are figured can be useful when making decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XC70 3.2 AWD Station Wagon||$288||$532||$560||$34||$168||$1,582||$132|
|XC70 T6 AWD 4-Dr||$288||$614||$560||$34||$168||$1,664||$139|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Table data does not factor in specific zip code location which can change prices significantly.
Should you buy full coverage?
The information below visualizes the comparison of Volvo XC70 annual premium costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The data is based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are factored in.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There is no exact formula to delete physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than about 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Volvo XC70 claim settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, you would only receive $7,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying in excess of $700 annually to have full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are a few cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not advised. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Discounts can help lower premiums on Volvo XC70 insurance in Fort Worth
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you may qualify for discounts that may help make it more affordable. Some of these discounts will be visible when you purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked about before being credited. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you qualify for, you are just wasting money.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new XC70 is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Organization Discounts – Joining a qualifying organization can get you a small discount on car insurance.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government may reduce rates when you quote Fort Worth auto insurance depending on your car insurance provider.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Distant Student – Older children who attend college more than 100 miles from Fort Worth and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Policy Bundle Discount – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance with the same insurance company you could save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up before driving could save 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Fort Worth auto insurance quote when compared with bad drivers.
One thing to note about discounts is that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, you aren’t that lucky.
The example below illustrates the difference between Volvo XC70 insurance prices with and without some available policy discounts. The costs are based on a female driver, no violations or accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, marriage, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-car discounts applied.
A list of car insurance companies and some of the discounts can be found below.
- GEICO may have discounts that include emergency military deployment, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, military active duty, and anti-theft.
- USAA has discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, multi-policy, safe driver, and family discount.
- Progressive offers discounts for online quote discount, multi-vehicle, homeowner, good student, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and online signing.
- American Family offers premium reductions for Steer into Savings, good driver, defensive driver, mySafetyValet, TimeAway discount, and early bird.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, paid-in-full, good driver, renters, defensive driver, and emergency road assistance.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including pay in full, early shopping, teen driver, good student, bundle discounts, homeowner, and alternative fuel.
- State Farm discounts include Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, driver’s education, multiple policy, accident-free, and good student.
Double check with each insurance company what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders in your area. For a list of car insurance companies with significant discounts in Fort Worth, follow this link.
Here’s why auto insurance is not optional
Even though it can be expensive, insurance is required in Texas but also provides important benefits.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Volvo, almost every bank will require you to have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Volvo at a more expensive rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Volvo XC70. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Volvo as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your XC70 definitely exceed the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in Texas overpays more than $830 a year so compare quotes from several companies at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Buying auto insurance from Fort Worth insurance agencies
Many people just want to have an agent’s advice and that can be a smart move Good insurance agents are trained risk managers and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is that you can find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. And buying from local insurance agencies is important particularly in Fort Worth.
By using this short form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to insurance agents in Fort Worth that can provide free Fort Worth auto insurance quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to leave your computer since price quotes are sent to you directly. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, you can always jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
If you’re trying to find an insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Auto insurance agents are either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can write policy coverage, but it is a good idea to know how they are different because it can factor into which agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents are not employed by one company and that allows them to write policies amongst many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing auto insurance prices, you definitely need to get rate quotes from independent agents for the best price selection.
Featured below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Fort Worth who may be able to give you cheap rate quotes.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company’s prices so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Fort Worth that can give you rate quotes.
Finding a good car insurance agent should depend on more than just the quoted price. A good agent in Fort Worth will have answers to these questions.
- What company do they have the most business with?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?