To save the most money, the best way to save money on car insurance rates in Fort Worth is to compare prices at least once a year from insurers who sell auto insurance in Texas.
- It will benefit you to learn about car insurance and the measures you can take to prevent rate increases. Many things that result in higher rates like traffic violations and an unacceptable credit rating can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely. Keep reading for additional ideas to get affordable coverage and find additional discounts.
- Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates for many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper rate is available in Fort Worth. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
A tip to remember is that you use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to look at as many companies as you can. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that almost 70% of insureds in Texas kept buying from the same company for at least the last four years, and just short of a majority have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. U.S. drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t know how much savings they would realize if they moved their coverage to a different company.
Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in Fort Worth is much easier if you have a good place to start. If you have a policy now, you should be able to lower your rates using the ideas covered in this article. Shoppers just have to use how to shop from many different companies online.
Lower rate quotes by receiving discounts
Companies don’t necessarily list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that may be available.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car model can save up to 30% since newer models are generally safer.
- Professional Organizations – Being in a qualifying organization can get you a small discount when shopping for auto insurance.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with one company they may give you a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find the cheapest Tesla Model S insurance in Fort Worth.
- Claim Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims get the best auto insurance rates when compared with drivers who are more careless.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Active Service Discounts – Having a family member in the military could qualify you for better prices.
- Driving Data Discount – Insureds that choose to allow their company to monitor when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematic data system such as Progressive’s Snapshot may see discounts if they are good drivers.
- 55 and Retired – If you’re over the age of 55, you can get a small discount on rates.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck.
To choose insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Texas, click here.
The fastest way that we advise to compare insurance rates in your area is to take advantage of the fact auto insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to compare rate quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide information like your education level, how much you drive, marital status, and whether the vehicles are used for commuting. Your details is instantly sent to multiple companies and you will get price comparisons instantly to find the best rate.
To check Tesla Model S insurance prices now, click here then complete the form.
The companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Texas. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Smart Buyers Know How to Find Insurance Cheaper
Many different elements are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious like your driving record, although some other factors are more obscure such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility.
- Companies want multiple policies – Most larger companies afford lower prices to buyers that buy multiple policies such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The discount can be anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even if you already get this discount, drivers will still want to check prices from other companies to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Know your credit rating – Credit score can be a huge factor in determining what you pay for insurance. Therefore, if your credit could use some work, you could save money insuring your Tesla Model S if you clean up your credit. Drivers with high credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with lower ratings.
- Choose high NHTSA crash test ratings and save – Cars with five star safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Highly rated vehicles have better occupant injury protection and any reduction in injury severity means your insurance company pays less and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Tesla Model S has at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Adjust deductibles and save – Physical damage deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if the claim is covered. Coverage for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your car from damage. Some coverage claims are colliding with a stationary object, fire damage, and damage caused by road hazards. The more of the claim you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Insurance losses for a Tesla Model S – Companies analyze historical claim data to calculate a rate that will offset any claims. Vehicles that the data shows to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have a higher premium rate.
The table below outlines the insurance loss data used by companies for Tesla Model S vehicles. For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is considered to be 100. Values that are under 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers above 100 point to more losses or tendency to have larger claims.
Tesla Model S Insurance Claim Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Tesla Model S 4dr Electric 2WD 324 116 208 39 46 104 Tesla Model S 4dr Electric 4WD 333BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When it comes to proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Your situation is unique.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- What policy terms are available?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Texas?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- What is GAP insurance?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Can’t I compare rates from local Fort Worth auto insurance agents?
Some people still like to visit with an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Licensed agents can help you choose the best coverages and help you file claims. A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find cheap rate quotes and also buy local.
Upon completion of this quick form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Fort Worth that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent immediately to you. If you need to quote rates from one company in particular, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right company requires you to look at more than just the price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- How long has their agency been in business in Fort Worth?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Texas?
When searching for a local Fort Worth insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Insurance policy providers are classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both can insure your vehicles, but it is important to understand how they differ since it could factor into which type of agent you select.
Agents that choose to be exclusive are contracted to one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Listed below are Fort Worth exclusive insurance agencies willing to provide rate quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents do not write with just one company so as a result can place your coverage with lots of companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a cheaper price, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you include price quotes from a couple of independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Below are Fort Worth independent insurance agencies that are able to give price quotes.
Once you have acceptable answers to any questions you have as well as a price you’re happy with, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurance agency that meets the requirements to service your policy.
Why you need vehicle insurance in Texas
Despite the high insurance cost for a Tesla Model S in Fort Worth, insuring your vehicle serves several important purposes.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific limits of liability if you want to drive legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Model S, it’s most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Tesla at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Tesla as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your Model S definitely exceed the price paid, especially with large liability claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays more than $750 every year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at least once a year to save money.
Lower rates by being persistent
Low-cost Tesla Model S insurance in Fort Worth can be bought on the web in addition to many Fort Worth insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies may not offer online quoting and usually these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent agencies.
We covered quite a bit of information on how to reduce Tesla Model S insurance car insurance rates online in Fort Worth. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies.
People switch companies for a number of reasons such as denial of a claim, lack of trust in their agent, delays in paying claims or poor customer service. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a great new company is less work than it seems.
More tips and info about auto insurance is available by following these links:
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Fort Worth Car Insurance Rates for Infrequent Drivers? (FAQ)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)