If you want to save the most money, the best way to find affordable Kia Optima insurance is to begin comparing prices regularly from providers who can sell car insurance in Fort Worth. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Read and learn about how companies set rates and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices such as high-risk driving behaviors and an unacceptable credit rating can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely. Read the full article for additional tips to help keep prices low and find possible discounts that are available.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your current policy premium to see if cheaper Optima coverage is available in Fort Worth. If you can save money and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current coverage. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to the new company. As soon as you have the new policy, safely store the proof of insurance certificate along with your vehicle registration.
An essential thing to point out is to try to use the same amount of coverage on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many different companies as possible. Doing this ensures a level playing field and maximum price selection.
A recent study showed that a large majority of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and nearly half have never taken the time to shop around. Consumers in America can cut their rates by $850 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but most just don’t grasp how much savings they would realize if they switch to a new company.
Locating the best rates in Fort Worth is really not that difficult. If you’re already insured, you will be able to find better prices using the ideas covered in this article. Although Texas car owners must know how companies determine what you pay and use it to find better rates.
The cheapest Fort Worth Kia Optima insurance rate quotes
Most larger insurance companies give pricing direct online. Comparing Kia Optima insurance rates online is easy for anyone because you just enter the coverage amounts you desire into the form. When complete, the company’s rating system sends out for reports for credit and driving violations and returns a price quote. This makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s absolutely necessary to get many rate quotes if you want to get a better rate.
To compare pricing, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you copy the coverage information as close as possible to your current policy. This ensures you’re receiving rate comparison quotes for similar insurance coverage.
The following companies offer comparison quotes in Fort Worth, TX. If multiple companies are shown, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to get the lowest price.
Fort Worth auto insurance discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there could be available discounts to help bring down the price. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time you complete a quote, but less common discounts must be asked for before they will apply.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed with a military unit may lower your auto insurance rates slightly.
- Claim Free – Good drivers with no accidents can earn big discounts in comparison with bad drivers.
- Responsible Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- Payment Method – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you could save 5% or more.
- Federal Employees – Federal government employees could qualify for a slight premium decrease with select insurance companies.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of 20% or more.
- Auto/Life Discount – Some auto insurance companies give a break if you buy some life insurance too.
- 55 and Retired – If you’re over the age of 55, you could receive a slight reduction on a Fort Worth car insurance quote.
A quick disclaimer, most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way. But all discounts will help lower the cost of coverage.
The example below visualizes the comparison of Kia Optima car insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. The data is based on a female driver, no violations or accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
A few of the larger companies and a selection of discounts are included below.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for youthful driver, good student, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, driver training, renewal discount, and safe driver.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for exclusive group savings, multi-policy, new graduate, newly retired, newly married, and teen driver discount.
- State Farm discounts include Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, multiple policy, safe vehicle, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may offer discounts for safe driver, good student, group or association, anti-lock brakes, student away at school, and company car.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for federal employee, membership and employees, daytime running lights, seat belt use, five-year accident-free, multi-vehicle, and emergency military deployment.
- SAFECO has savings for homeowner, safe driver, multi-car, bundle discounts, drive less, and anti-lock brakes.
Check with each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings may not apply to policies in your area. To see a list of providers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Fort Worth, click here to view.
Facts and figures for Kia Optima insurance
The coverage table below outlines a range of insurance premium costs for Kia Optima models. Being aware of how policy rates are established can aid in making decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and multi-policy. Price estimates do not factor in vehicle location which can influence premiums noticeably.
Kia Optima liability-only versus full coverage
The example below visualizes the comparison of Kia Optima insurance premiums with and without full coverage. The prices are based on no accidents or driving violations, $100 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There is no set guideline of when to phase out physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of coverage is more than about 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Kia Optima book value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would receive is $3,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premiums are more than $300 a year for physical damage coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some scenarios where eliminating full coverage is not a good plan. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
Smart Buyers Save Money
Multiple criteria are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, although some other factors are not as apparent such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
- Annual mileage impacts rates – The higher the mileage driven every year the more it will cost to insure it. Almost all companies charge rates based on their usage. Vehicles left parked in the garage cost less to insure than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Incorrect rating for your Optima may be costing you higher rates. It’s a smart idea to ensure your policy is rated on the proper vehicle usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Cheaper premiums with safer cars – Cars with five star safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Safer cars reduce injuries and reduced instances of injuries means your insurance company pays less and cheaper rates on your policy.
- File policy claims and pay more – If you file claims often, you can pretty much guarantee higher rates. Auto insurance companies in Texas give cheaper rates to people who file claims infrequently. Insurance coverage is intended for larger claims.
- Low credit history equals high prices – Your credit score is likely to be a major factor in determining your rates. Therefore, if your credit rating is lower than you’d like, you could pay less to insure your Kia Optima by repairing your credit. Insureds that have excellent credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with lower credit ratings.
- Discounts for theft deterrents – Driving a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Systems that thwart thieves such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all aid in stopping your vehicle from being stolen.
Loss probability for a Kia Optima – Car insurance companies use data from past claims to calculate a rate that will offset losses. Models that tend to have higher number or severity of losses will cost more for coverage. The next table illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Kia Optima vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is represented as 100. Values that are under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while percentages above 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Kia Optima Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Kia Optima 115 101 107 133 142 120 Kia Optima Hybrid 143 115 116 139 158 151BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
When should I contact an insurance agency?
Some consumers prefer to talk to an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain the best rates and still choose a local agent.
After filling out this short form, your insurance coverage information is sent to participating agents in Fort Worth that can give you free Fort Worth car insurance quotes to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered directly to you. You can find the lowest rates AND a local agent. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Deciding on an insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a low price. Get answers to these questions too.
- How long has their agency been open in Fort Worth?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Fort Worth?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
If you are searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, it’s important to understand the types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Fort Worth agents are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive agents can only place business with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance and State Farm. They are unable to provide other company’s prices so keep that in mind. They are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in Fort Worth that can give you rate quotes.
Matt Poston – State Farm Insurance Agent
3417 Hulen St #203 – Fort Worth, TX 76107 – (817) 732-1611 – View Map
Laura Geninatti – State Farm Insurance Agent
7510 Davis Blvd Ste A – Fort Worth, TX 76182 – (817) 281-1191 – View Map
Tom Price – State Farm Insurance Agent
6015 Harris Pkwy #100 – Fort Worth, TX 76132 – (817) 731-8855 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents are not employed by any specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with many different companies and find you the best rates. If they quote lower rates, your policy is moved internally which is easy for the insured. If you need lower rates, we highly recommend that you include rate quotes from several independent agencies to get the best comparison.
Listed below are Fort Worth independent insurance agencies who can help you get rate quotes.
Ornelas Insurance Agency
5901 E Lancaster Ave – Fort Worth, TX 76112 – (817) 496-9111 – View Map
Graham Insurance Group, Inc.
2914 SE Loop 820 – Fort Worth, TX 76140 – (817) 293-0388 – View Map
Northside Insurance Agency
1237 Lincoln Ave – Fort Worth, TX 76164 – (817) 626-3100 – View Map
Cheaper car insurance is a realistic goal
Cheaper Kia Optima insurance in Fort Worth can be found from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies do not offer online price quotes and usually these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
You just learned some good ideas how you can compare Kia Optima insurance auto insurance rates in Fort Worth. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get premium rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a small local company. Smaller companies often have lower premium rates on specific markets compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
More detailed car insurance information is available in the articles below:
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Who Has Affordable Fort Worth Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 50 in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Subaru Outback in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for 16 Year Olds in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)