It goes without saying that auto insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Insureds who shop around annually will probably switch to a new company because there is a good chance of finding a lower-priced company. A recent survey found that drivers who routinely compared quotes saved an average of $3,450 over four years compared to policyholders who never shopped around.
If finding the best price on Dodge Ram insurance is the reason you’re reading this, then having an understanding of how to get price quotes and compare insurance can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find more affordable car insurance rates in Fort Worth is to compare prices annually from companies in Texas.
Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about how auto insurance works and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates like traffic violations, accidents, and an imperfect credit history can be improved by paying attention to minor details.
Step 2: Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple companies. View companies
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
One important bit of advice is to make sure you enter similar coverage information on every quote and and to get rates from every company you can. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Cheap companies for Dodge Ram insurance
The companies in the list below offer price comparisons in Texas. If the list has multiple companies, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Rates and data analysis
The price information below outlines different insurance prices for Dodge Ram models. Having a better idea how rate quotes are established can help you make informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$286||$400||$440||$26||$132||$1,284||$107|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$322||$486||$440||$26||$132||$1,406||$117|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$322||$486||$440||$26||$132||$1,406||$117|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$322||$486||$440||$26||$132||$1,406||$117|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$322||$486||$440||$26||$132||$1,406||$117|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$322||$486||$440||$26||$132||$1,406||$117|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$322||$486||$440||$26||$132||$1,406||$117|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$322||$486||$440||$26||$132||$1,406||$117|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$322||$486||$440||$26||$132||$1,406||$117|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$360||$572||$440||$26||$132||$1,530||$128|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$360||$572||$440||$26||$132||$1,530||$128|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$360||$572||$440||$26||$132||$1,530||$128|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$360||$572||$440||$26||$132||$1,530||$128|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$360||$572||$440||$26||$132||$1,530||$128|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$360||$572||$440||$26||$132||$1,530||$128|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$360||$572||$440||$26||$132||$1,530||$128|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$360||$572||$440||$26||$132||$1,530||$128|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$360||$572||$440||$26||$132||$1,530||$128|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$360||$660||$440||$26||$132||$1,618||$135|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$360||$660||$440||$26||$132||$1,618||$135|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in specific Fort Worth garaging location which can increase or decrease rates significantly.
Dodge Ram full coverage rates compared to liability only
The illustration below compares Dodge Ram car insurance rates when comparing full coverage to liability only. Data assumes a clean driving record, no claims, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There is no definitive guideline to stop paying for comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Dodge Ram replacement cost is $6,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $5,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premium cost is more than $500 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some situations where dropping physical damage coverage is not advised. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Informed Drivers Save Every Year
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing some of the things that come into play when calculating car insurance rates. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs. Lots of factors are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, but other factors are more transparent like where you live or your commute time.
- Responsible credit equals lower rates – An insured’s credit score can be an important factor in calculating your premium rate. So if your credit can be improved, you could pay less to insure your Dodge Ram by taking the time to improve your credit score. Drivers who have excellent credit tend to be more responsible than those with poor credit.
- Why do you need liability insurance? – Your car insurance policy’s liability coverage is the protection in the event that a court rules you are at fault for an accident. It will provide you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Driver age impacts premiums – More mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are safer drivers. Drivers with little experience tend to be careless and easily distracted when driving so they pay higher car insurance rates.
The next chart uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Insure car and home with the same company – Most larger companies give a discount to people who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s still a good idea to compare Dodge Ram rates in Fort Worth to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- Adjust comp and collision deductibles and save – The deductibles you choose tell how much you are willing to pay if the claim is covered. Insurance for physical damage, aka comp and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims are a windshield broken by a bird, vandalism, and having a roll-over accident. The more expense you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive.
- File insurance claims and pay more – Auto insurance companies in Texas give better rates to drivers who do not file claims often. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Auto insurance is designed for the large, substantial claims.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but you might already qualify for some discounts to help offset the cost. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of purchase, but a few need to be asked for prior to getting the savings.
- No Accidents – Fort Worth drivers who stay claim-free pay less as compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers without accidents can save as much as half off their rates than less cautious drivers.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your entire bill at once instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
- Federal Employees – Federal government employees may qualify for a discount when you quote Fort Worth auto insurance depending on your insurance provider.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Multi-line Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with better premium rates if you take out some life insurance too.
As a footnote on discounts, most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride. Any qualifying discounts will definitely lower your insurance premiums.
The information below illustrates the difference between Dodge Ram insurance costs with and without policy discounts. The costs are based on a female driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, marriage, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and homeowner discounts applied.
If you would like to see a list of companies who offer cheap Dodge Ram insurance quotes in Fort Worth in Texas, click here.
Auto insurance agents near you
A small number of people would rather have an agent’s advice and doing so can bring peace of mind Experienced insurance agents can help you build your policy and help submit paperwork. One of the great benefits of comparing car insurance online is that you can find the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After filling out this quick form, the quote information is sent to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If you want to get a price quote for a specific company, just go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good company requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Which family members are covered?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
Multiple types of car insurance agents in Fort Worth
If you are searching for a reputable agency, you need to know there are two different agency structures that you can select. Car insurance policy providers can be categorized as either exclusive or independent. Either type can handle car insurance, but it’s worth mentioning the difference between them since it may influence which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type work for only one company like State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are well schooled on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers often choose to use a exclusive agent mainly due to the brand rather than low rates.
Below is a list of exclusive agents in Fort Worth willing to provide price quote information.
- Eddie Bermea – State Farm Insurance Agent
6252 McCart Ave – Fort Worth, TX 76133 – (817) 294-7400 – View Map
- Elitha Moses – State Farm Insurance Agent
6620 Meadowbrook Dr – Fort Worth, TX 76112 – (817) 446-0065 – View Map
- Kathleen Alexander – State Farm Insurance Agent
5336 Wedgmont Cir N – Fort Worth, TX 76133 – (817) 292-6006 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent are normally appointed by many insurers so as a result can place your coverage with multiple insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, an independent agent can move your coverage and the insured can keep the same agent. When shopping rates, we highly recommend that you get quotes from a few independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. A lot of them also have access to small mutual carriers which may have better rates.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agents in Fort Worth that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Hall Insurance Agency, Inc.
3559 Williams Rd Suite 110 – Fort Worth, TX 76116 – (817) 370-0125 – View Map
- Fort Worth Insurance Agency
5049 Trail Lake Dr – Fort Worth, TX 76133 – (817) 292-2929 – View Map
- Graham Insurance Group, Inc.
2914 SE Loop 820 – Fort Worth, TX 76140 – (817) 293-0388 – View Map
Shop smart and save
There are still a few companies who do not provide online rate quotes and most of the time these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent agents. The cheapest Dodge Ram insurance in Fort Worth is available on the web and from local agencies, so compare prices from both to get a complete price analysis.
Drivers switch companies for many reasons like lack of trust in their agent, high prices, extreme rates for teen drivers and even policy non-renewal. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new auto insurance company can be easier than you think.
Throughout this article, we presented many ways to shop for Dodge Ram insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive Fort Worth auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the best price on auto insurance is with the least-expected company.
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Fort Worth Auto Insurance for 19 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Good Credit in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)