Sadly, most auto insurance policyholders in Texas have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never even shopped around for affordable coverage. Most drivers in America could cut their rates by 47% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just don't understand the large savings they would see if they changed companies.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get discount Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance is to regularly compare prices from insurers who can sell car insurance in Fort Worth.
First, spend a few minutes and learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can control to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like accidents, careless driving, and an unfavorable credit rating can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Later in this article we will cover the details to help keep prices low and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
Second, obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple companies. Start a quote
Third, compare the price quotes to your existing rates and see if you can save money. If you can save money and make a switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
The key aspect of shopping around is to try to compare identical limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get price estimates from as many different insurance providers as possible. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and maximum price selection.
Our objective in writing this article is to help educate you on how auto insurance companies operate and how to save the most money. If you are paying for car insurance now, you should be able to reduce the price you pay using the concepts you're about to learn. But Texas consumers must learn the way companies compete online and take advantage of how the system works.
Rates and information analytics
The coverage information shown next outlines different prices for Chevy Silverado 2500HD models. Learning a little about how premiums are determined can benefit drivers when making informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado 2500HD LT Crew Cab 4WD||$232||$486||$430||$26||$128||$1,302||$109|
|Silverado 2500HD LT Crew Cab 2WD||$232||$560||$486||$28||$146||$1,452||$121|
|Silverado 2500HD LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$232||$486||$430||$26||$128||$1,302||$109|
|Silverado 2500HD LT Crew Cab Diesel 4WD||$258||$560||$430||$26||$128||$1,402||$117|
|Silverado 2500HD LT Crew Cab Diesel 2WD||$258||$560||$486||$28||$146||$1,478||$123|
|Silverado 2500HD LT Extended Cab Diesel 2WD||$258||$560||$486||$28||$146||$1,478||$123|
|Silverado 2500HD LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$258||$560||$486||$28||$146||$1,478||$123|
|Silverado 2500HD LTZ Crew Cab Diesel 4WD||$258||$560||$430||$26||$128||$1,402||$117|
|Silverado 2500HD LTZ Crew Cab Diesel 2WD||$258||$632||$486||$28||$146||$1,550||$129|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in your specific Fort Worth location which can increase or decrease coverage rates considerably.
The diagram below shows how different deductible levels and can influence Chevy Silverado 2500HD yearly insurance costs for each different age category. Data assumes a single female driver, full coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Poor driving habits will raise your auto insurance rates
The chart below demonstrates how traffic citations and fender-benders can raise Chevy Silverado 2500HD car insurance costs for each age group. The rate quotes are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Comparison of auto insurance rates by gender
The information below illustrates the difference between Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Does it make sense to buy full coverage?
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance premiums with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The premium estimates are based on no claims or driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There isn't a written rule of when to stop paying for physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of coverage is more than around 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Chevy Silverado 2500HD replacement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would get paid by your company is $8,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying over $800 annually to have full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some scenarios where eliminating full coverage is not advised. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should keep full coverage.
Chevy Silverado 2500HD Insurance Price Factors
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning the different types of things that come into play when calculating your premiums. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that may result in cheaper rates.
- Your address can impact costs - Being located in less populated areas is a good thing when talking about auto insurance. Fewer drivers and short commutes means fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. City drivers regularly have more traffic problems and much longer commute distances. More time commuting means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
- Cars with good safety ratings cost less to insure - Cars with high safety ratings get lower rates. Safe vehicles result in less severe injuries and fewer serious injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and lower rates for you.
Younger drivers cost more - More mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and get fewer tickets. Young drivers are proven to be more careless with other occupants in the car and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
The data below assumes a single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- When should you file insurance claims? - If you frequently file small claims, you can pretty much guarantee much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Companies in Texas award cheaper rates to policyholders who file claims infrequently. Insurance coverage is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Improve your credit rating and save - Credit history is a big factor in your rate calculation. Consumers who have excellent credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with bad credit. If your credit score is low, you could potentially save money when insuring your Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD if you clean up your credit.
- Always keep your auto insurance in place - Driving with no insurance is illegal and you will pay a penalty because you let your insurance coverage expire. Not only will you pay more, not being able to provide proof of insurance may result in fines and jail time. You will then be forced to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Texas DMV.
Get the best coverage at the lowest price
When you buy Fort Worth car insurance online, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice full coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
People change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as delays in responding to claim requests, questionable increases in premium, delays in paying claims and even extreme rates for teen drivers. Regardless of your reason, finding the right car insurance provider is actually quite simple.
We just showed you many ways to get a better price on Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance in Fort Worth. It's most important to understand that the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company.
More detailed car insurance information is located in these articles:
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Welfare Recipients in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)