Finding the cheapest insurance for a Ford Explorer Sport Trac in Texas can turn out to be difficult, but you can learn the following methods to find lower rates.
There are both good and bad ways to buy auto insurance and we'll show you the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage on a Ford and obtain the lowest possible price either online or from Fort Worth insurance agents.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Fort Worth, TX. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Auto insurance is not optional
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Ford in Fort Worth, maintaining insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
First, most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your Explorer Sport Trac, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you carry insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may buy a policy for your Ford at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
Third, insurance protects not only your Ford Explorer Sport Trac but also your financial assets. It also can pay for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Ford as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your Explorer Sport Trac are without a doubt worth the cost, especially with large liability claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $800 each year so it's very important to do a rate comparison every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
The price information below showcases a range of coverage prices for Ford Explorer Sport Trac models. Knowing how insurance premiums are figured is important for making smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Explorer Sport Trac XLT 2WD||$232||$404||$514||$30||$154||$1,334||$111|
|Explorer Sport Trac Limited 2WD||$266||$404||$514||$30||$154||$1,368||$114|
|Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4WD||$266||$404||$514||$30||$154||$1,368||$114|
|Explorer Sport Trac Limited 4WD||$300||$492||$514||$30||$154||$1,490||$124|
|Explorer Sport Trac Limited AWD||$300||$492||$514||$30||$154||$1,490||$124|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Rates do not factor in zip code location which can affect premium rates substantially.
Take advantage of these price cutting discounts
Car insurance companies do not advertise their entire list of discounts very clearly, so we researched both the well known and also the lesser-known discounts that you may qualify for. If you aren't receiving every discount you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Drivers who insure more than one vehicle on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Early Signing - A few insurance companies give discounts for buying a new policy early. You could save around 10% when you buy Fort Worth auto insurance online.
- Low Mileage - Low mileage vehicles can earn cheaper rates.
- Professional Memberships - Belonging to a professional or civic organization is a good way to get lower rates on your next renewal.
- Good Grades Discount - Getting good grades may save as much as 25% on a Fort Worth auto insurance quote. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Student Driver Training - Teen drivers should enroll in driver's education if it's offered in school.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Owning a home in Fort Worth may earn you a small savings because it requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Telematics Data Discounts - Drivers that enable their auto insurance company to track their driving habits by using a telematic data system like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive's Snapshot could possibly reduce rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Life Insurance Discount - If the company offers life insurance, you could get better rates if you take out some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints - Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of 25 to 30%.
One last thing about discounts, most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like you can get free auto insurance, that's just not realistic.
The information below illustrates the difference between Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, safe-driver, homeowner, marriage, multi-policy, and claim-free discounts applied.
A few of the larger companies and their possible discounts include:
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, membership and employees, seat belt use, daytime running lights, and military active duty.
- MetLife may include discounts for accident-free, good student, defensive driver, good driver, multi-policy, claim-free
- Progressive offers premium reductions for homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, good student, online signing, and online quote discount.
- Travelers may offer discounts for new car, early quote, save driver, student away at school, and IntelliDrive.
- SAFECO has savings for anti-theft, accident prevention training, bundle discounts, anti-lock brakes, teen safety rewards, and homeowner.
- AAA offers discounts for anti-theft, pay-in-full, multi-policy, good driver, AAA membership discount, good student, and education and occupation.
If you want the cheapest Ford Explorer Sport Trac rate quotes, ask each company how you can save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be available in Fort Worth. To choose insurers who offer online Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance quotes in Fort Worth, click this link.
When selecting your policy, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions might point out if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- What is the minimum liability in Texas?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor's mailbox?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It's fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.