Being forced to pay for expensive auto insurance premiums can deplete your checking account and maybe even restrict other spending. Getting a rate comparison is free and is an excellent way to lower your bills every month.
Unfortunately, over 70% of drivers have remained with the same auto insurance company for at least four years, and nearly half have never even compared rates from other companies. Fort Worth drivers can save nearly 70% each year by just comparing quotes, but they just don’t understand the amount of money they would save if they switch to a new company.
How to save on Chevy City Express insurance in Fort Worth
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get cheaper Chevy City Express insurance in Fort Worth is to start comparing prices yearly from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Texas. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- Try to learn a little about car insurance and the things you can change to keep rates low. Many factors that result in higher rates such as distracted driving and a negative credit score can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if cheaper City Express coverage is available in Fort Worth. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application for your new coverage. As soon as coverage is bound, safely store the certificate of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
A tip to remember is to try to compare identical coverages on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many different companies as possible. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough price selection.
There are many car insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and although it’s a good thing to have a choice, so many choices can make it hard to find the best rates for Chevy City Express insurance in Fort Worth.
Informed Consumers Know How to Get Auto Insurance for Less
Many things are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving record, but other factors are more transparent like your continuous coverage or your commute time.
The items below are some of the most common factors auto insurance companies consider when setting your premiums.
Better prices with anti-theft devices – Buying a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all hinder auto theft and help lower rates.
Being married equates to better rates – Having a significant other can get you a discount on your auto insurance policy. Having a significant other generally demonstrates drivers are more responsible and statistics show being married results in fewer claims.
Raise your physical damage deductibles for better rates – Physical damage insurance, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your Chevy from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply are a broken side mirror, flood damage, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Physical damage deductibles represent how much money you are required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. The more you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive.
How many miles do you drive? – The higher the miles on your Chevy annually the more you’ll pay to insure it. Almost all companies calculate prices based on their usage. Cars and trucks that do not get driven very much receive better premium rates than cars that get driven a lot. Double check that your declarations sheet states the correct usage for each vehicle. Incorrect rating for your City Express may be wasting your money.
Males are more aggressive – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women tend to be less risk to insure than men. It does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Males and females cause accidents in similar percentages, but the males have accidents that have higher claims. Men also statistically receive more major tickets like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 have the highest risk to insure so they pay the highest premiums.
The chart below shows the difference between Chevy City Express insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no claims or driving citations, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Frequent insurance claims will cost you – If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Insurance companies in Texas provide lower rates to drivers who file claims infrequently. Your car insurance is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Most of the larger companies such as GEICO, State Farm and Progressive give prices for coverage from their websites. Doing online price comparisons for Chevy City Express insurance in Fort Worth is fairly simple as all you need to do is type in the coverage amounts you desire into a form. After you complete the form, the company’s rating system collects your driving and credit reports and generates a price based on these factors. Quoting online for Chevy City Express insurance in Fort Worth makes comparing rates easy, and it’s absolutely necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you are searching for the lowest payment on insurance.
In order to find out if lower rates are available, compare rates from the companies below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you duplicate coverages and limits identical to your current policy. Doing this assures you will have rate comparison quotes for similar insurance coverage.
The following companies are ready to provide free quotes in Texas. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Analysis of Chevy City Express rates
The coverage table displayed next outlines detailed analysis of insurance premium costs for Chevy City Express models. Learning as much as possible about how prices are established is important for making decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|City Express Cargo 2500 2WD||$220||$400||$400||$24||$120||$1,164||$97|
|City Express Cargo 1500 2WD||$220||$486||$400||$24||$120||$1,250||$104|
|City Express Cargo 3500 2WD||$254||$486||$400||$24||$120||$1,284||$107|
|City Express 2500 LT 2WD||$254||$486||$400||$24||$120||$1,284||$107|
|City Express 2500 2WD||$254||$486||$400||$24||$120||$1,284||$107|
|City Express 2500 LS 2WD||$254||$486||$400||$24||$120||$1,284||$107|
|City Express 3500 2WD||$254||$486||$400||$24||$120||$1,284||$107|
|City Express Cargo 1500 AWD||$254||$486||$400||$24||$120||$1,284||$107|
|City Express 1500 LS 2WD||$254||$486||$400||$24||$120||$1,284||$107|
|City Express 1500 LS AWD||$254||$572||$400||$24||$120||$1,370||$114|
|City Express 1500 AWD||$254||$572||$400||$24||$120||$1,370||$114|
|City Express 1500 LT 2WD||$254||$572||$400||$24||$120||$1,370||$114|
|City Express Cargo 1500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$254||$572||$400||$24||$120||$1,370||$114|
|City Express Cargo 2500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$286||$572||$400||$24||$120||$1,402||$117|
|City Express 3500 LT 2WD||$286||$572||$400||$24||$120||$1,402||$117|
|City Express 3500 LS 2WD||$286||$572||$400||$24||$120||$1,402||$117|
|City Express 3500 2WD||$286||$572||$400||$24||$120||$1,402||$117|
|City Express 1500 LT AWD||$286||$572||$400||$24||$120||$1,402||$117|
|City Express Cargo 3500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$286||$572||$400||$24||$120||$1,402||$117|
|City Express Cargo 1500 Turbo Diesel AWD||$286||$572||$400||$24||$120||$1,402||$117|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy. Information does not factor in specific location information which can affect premium rates greatly.
Illustration showing the impact of accidents and violations
The chart below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault claims impact Chevy City Express auto insurance costs for different age groups. The premiums are based on a single female driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Best reasons to buy auto insurance in Texas
Despite the high cost, auto insurance is mandatory in Texas but it also protects more than you think.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Chevy, most lenders will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chevy at a much higher rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves both your Chevy and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your auto insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially for larger claims. Today the average American driver overpays more than $810 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Fort Worth insurance discounts
Insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but there could be significant discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some discounts will apply at the time of purchase, but less common discounts must be asked about in order for you to get them.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies reward drivers for buying a new policy early. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen with less frequency and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Active Service Discounts – Having a deployed family member could mean lower rates.
- No Accidents – Good drivers with no accidents have much lower rates in comparison with frequent claim filers.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Require your teen driver to enroll in driver’s education as it can save substantially.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you combine your auto and homeowners policies and place coverage with the same company you could earn a discount of up to 20% and get you affordable Chevrolet City Express insurance rates in Fort Worth.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control are safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
Policy discounts save money, but most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The example below compares Chevy City Express annual premium costs with and without some available policy discounts. The price estimates are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Texas state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, claim-free, marriage, multi-car, multi-policy, and homeowner discounts applied.
Some companies who may offer most of these discounts include:
Double check with every insurance company to give you their best rates. Some discounts may not apply to policyholders in every state. To choose companies that offer discounts in Texas, click this link.
Do I need an agent?
Many drivers still prefer to buy from a local agent and we recommend doing that Insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help in the event of a claim. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain lower prices and still buy from a local agent.
After completing this short form, the coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your house since price quotes are sent directly to you. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, just jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Choosing the best insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Is coverage determined by price?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
A conclusion for your insurance search
As you quote Fort Worth auto insurance, it’s very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, drivers have reduced collision coverage only to discover later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
We’ve covered many ideas to shop for Chevy City Express insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better likelihood of getting affordable Chevrolet City Express insurance quotes. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a small local company. Regional companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
How to find low-cost rates for Chevy City Express insurance in Fort Worth
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find low-cost Chevy City Express insurance in Fort Worth is to start doing an annual price comparison from different companies that sell auto insurance in Texas. This can be done by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Get an understanding of the coverage provided by your policy and the things you can control to lower rates. Many factors that are responsible for high rates like accidents, traffic tickets, and your credit history can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Give notification to your agent or company of your decision to cancel the current policy. Submit payment and a signed application to the new company. As soon as you have the new policy, place the new certificate verifying coverage with your vehicle’s registration.
A crucial key to this process is to try to use identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Even more information can be read in these articles:
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has the Cheapest Fort Worth Car Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Honda Accord in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Fort Worth Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Ford Explorer in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Fort Worth Auto Insurance for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)