Shockingly, the vast majority of consumers in Texas have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never quoted insurance rates at all. U.S. consumers can save $859 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they assume it’s a waste of time to shop around.
The best way we recommend to get more affordable Ford Excursion insurance in Fort Worth is to compare prices regularly from companies that insure vehicles in Texas. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
- First, take a little time to learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many things that cause rate increases like speeding tickets, accidents and a less-than-favorable credit history can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Second, compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices for many different companies. View companies
- Third, compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save money and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, notify your agent or company to cancel the current policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to the new company. Once received, put the proof of insurance certificate with your registration paperwork.
One tip to remember is to make sure you enter similar limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get prices from as many companies as possible. This helps ensure an accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
The quickest method to compare policy rates for Ford Excursion insurance in Fort Worth is to know all the major auto insurance companies participate in a system to give rate comparisons. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details including how you use your vehicles, if it has an anti-theft system, coverage limits, and which vehicles you own. Your rating data is instantly sent to insurance carriers in your area and you receive quotes immediately.
To get price quotes for your Ford Excursion now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Fort Worth, TX. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you get prices from several of them to get the most competitive price.
Why you need auto insurance
Even though it can be expensive, auto insurance serves several important purposes.
First, just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your vehicle has a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will require that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Ford at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
Third, auto insurance preserves both your Ford and your assets. It will also cover medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your auto insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Today the average American driver overpays as much as $820 a year so you should quote and compare rates every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Six Tips to Get Cheaper Fort Worth Insurance Prices
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that go into determining auto insurance rates. When you understand what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that may result in lower rates. Many different elements are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious like your driving record, but other factors are less obvious such as your credit history or your financial responsibility.
Don’t skimp on liability – Your auto insurance policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you if you are responsible for damages from an accident. This coverage provides legal defense to defend your case. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Policy add-ons add up – There are many optional add-on coverages that can waste your money if you aren’t careful. Add-on coverages like rental car coverage, better glass coverage, and extra equipment coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may sound like good ideas when discussing your needs, but if you’ve never needed them in the past get rid of them and save.
Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? – Most major auto insurance companies allow a discount to people that buy multiple policies in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, you still need to get quotes from other companies to verify if the discount is saving money. You may still find lower rates by buying from different companies
What type of vehicle do you drive? – The performance level of the vehicle you need insurance for makes a huge difference in your premium level. The lowest premiums will normally be found when insuring smaller low performance passenger models, but your final cost has many other factors.
File policy claims and pay more – If you file claims often, you shouldn’t be surprised to get much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Companies in Texas generally give better rates to policyholders who are claim-free. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of claims that pose a financial burden.
Advanced alarm systems – Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can save you some money. Theft prevention features such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all hinder your car from being stolen.
Don’t neglect these discounts on Ford Excursion insurance in Fort Worth
Auto insurance companies do not list every discount available very clearly, so we took the time to find a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find car insurance savings.
- Use Seat Belts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Responsible Driver Discount – Drivers who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Fort Worth auto insurance quote than less cautious drivers.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings up to 30%.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying a new car instead of a used Excursion is cheaper due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
- Multiple Vehicles – Insuring multiple cars or trucks on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Driver’s Ed – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers successfully complete driver’s ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Theft Deterrent – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen with less frequency and can earn a small discount on your policy.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. But any discount will definitely lower the amount you have to pay.
To see insurance companies who offer car insurance discounts in Fort Worth, click this link.
When it comes to adequate coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your financial needs are unique and your insurance should unique, too.
For instance, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Is my Ford Excursion covered for smoke damage?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Texas minimum liability coverage?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
When should I have guidance from a local insurance agent?
A lot of people would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision Insurance agents can answer important questions and give you someone to call. An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find lower rates and still have a local agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agencies is definitely important in Fort Worth.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your information gets sent to companies in Fort Worth who will gladly provide quotes for your business. You never need to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent directly to your email. If you wish to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you would need to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best company should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Which family members are covered?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Where are claims handled?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- How long has their agency been in business in Fort Worth?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
Persistent drivers can save
Throughout this article, we presented many ways to lower your Ford Excursion insurance premium rates in Fort Worth. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the best price on car insurance is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Some small companies may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
As you quote Fort Worth auto insurance, don’t be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
Additional car insurance information can be read below:
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Who Has the Cheapest Fort Worth Auto Insurance for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Lyft Drivers in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)