If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get more affordable car insurance rates is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurers who sell auto insurance in Fort Worth.
Step 1: Learn about the different coverages in a policy and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates such as accidents, traffic violations, and an imperfect credit rating can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Step 2: Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple sources. View a list of agents
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and see if there is a cheaper rate in Fort Worth. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Step 4: Tell your current agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit payment and a signed application to the newly selected company. Immediately place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
A valuable tip to remember is to make sure you enter identical deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to compare every insurance company. This helps ensure a fair rate comparison and many rates to choose from.
A recent car insurance study discovered that most consumers have purchased from the same company for at least four years, and about 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Most drivers in Fort Worth could save nearly 70% each year, but they feel it’s too difficult to find cheaper rates by getting comparison quotes.
If you have a current car insurance policy or are looking for a new policy, follow these tips to cut your premiums without reducing coverage. Quoting affordable car insurance in Fort Worth is quite easy. Vehicle owners only need an understanding of the most efficient way to quote multiple rates on the web.
Informed Drivers Can Cut Their Insurance Prices
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that aid in calculating your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs. Many different elements are considered when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, but some are more transparent such as your marital status or your commute time.
Where you call home is a factor – Being located in small towns and rural areas has definite advantages when insuring your vehicles. Fewer people means less chance of accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Drivers who live in large Texas cities tend to have more aggressive driving styles and longer commutes to work. Higher commute times means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
Married people drive safer – Having a spouse may earn you lower rates when shopping for auto insurance. Having a spouse generally demonstrates drivers are more financially stable and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Continuous coverage lowers premiums – Not maintaining insurance is illegal and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance lapse. Not only will you pay more, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could result in fines and jail time. You will then be forced to file a SR-22 with the Texas motor vehicle department.
Liability protection is peace of mind – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance is the protection when a court rules you are at fault for damages caused by your negligence. Liability provides legal defense coverage to defend your case. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
Vehicle options that cut prices – Choosing a vehicle with an alarm system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention devices such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all help prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
The companies shown below can provide free quotes in Fort Worth, TX. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the most competitive price.
Auto insurance analysis for a Chrysler PT Cruiser
The premium information shown below highlights different insurance coverage prices for Chrysler PT Cruiser models. Being more informed about how insurance rates are calculated helps drivers make smart choices when purchasing an insurance policy.
|PT Cruiser 2WD 4-Dr
|PT Cruiser 2WD 4-Dr
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go
Prices above based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and claim-free. Rate quotes do not factor in garaging location in Fort Worth which can decrease or increase insurance rates greatly.
The hardest decision when buying coverage is how high should the physical damage coverage deductibles be. The comparison tables below summarize how much more rates are of buying low and high policy deductibles. The first data set uses a $100 deductible for comp and collision and the second set of prices uses a $1,000 deductible.
|PT Cruiser 2WD 4-Dr
|PT Cruiser 2WD 4-Dr
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go
|PT Cruiser 2WD 4-Dr
|PT Cruiser 2WD 4-Dr
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go
Data based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and homeowner. Premium amounts do not factor in specific location which can decrease or increase premiums considerably.
We can derive from the above data that using a $100 deductible would cost the average driver about $32 more each month or $384 a year across all Chrysler PT Cruiser models than quoting the higher $1,000 deductible. Because you would be required to pay $900 more if you file a claim with a $1,000 deductible as compared to a $100 deductible, if you tend to have at least 28 months between claim filings, you would probably come out ahead going with the higher deductible.
Auto insurance does more than just protect your car
Even though Fort Worth PT Cruiser insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle may be required for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Chrysler PT Cruiser, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Chrysler at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your car and your assets. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Chrysler gets damaged, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Today the average American driver is wasting up to $855 a year so we recommend shopping around at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Car insurance discounts are available to lower rates
Auto insurance companies don’t always publicize all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the following list contains a few of the more common and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Fort Worth auto insurance online. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Drivers Education – Cut your cost by having your teen driver participate in a local driver’s education class as it can save substantially.
- Telematics Data – Fort Worth drivers who agree to allow their car insurance company to track vehicle usage by using a telematic data system like Allstate’s Drivewise might get better premium rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Multiple Vehicles – Having multiple cars with one company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Safe Driver Discounts – Drivers without accidents can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accidents.
- Distant Student – Youth drivers who attend college more than 100 miles from Fort Worth without a vehicle on campus can receive lower rates.
- Braking Control Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more on PT Cruiser insurance in Fort Worth.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Maintaining low annual mileage may enable drivers to earn lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free car insurance policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Chrysler PT Cruiser auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the rates. The price estimates are based on a female driver, no claims or driving citations, Texas state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-car, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and marriage discounts applied.
A few popular companies and their possible discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm includes discounts for safe vehicle, multiple policy, defensive driving training, driver’s education, student away at school, anti-theft, and passive restraint.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including switch companies, electronic funds transfer, teen driver, bundle discounts, and youthful driver.
- GEICO has savings for air bags, daytime running lights, anti-theft, federal employee, and emergency military deployment.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including bundled insurance, accident-free, early bird, good driver, mySafetyValet, and Steer into Savings.
- Nationwide has discounts for accident-free, family plan, multi-policy, Farm Bureau membership, business or organization, anti-theft, and defensive driving.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online quote discount, multi-policy, continuous coverage, homeowner, online signing, multi-vehicle, and good student.
If you want inexpensive Fort Worth auto insurance quotes, ask every prospective company which discounts they offer. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be available in Fort Worth. To view car insurance companies with discount rates in Texas, click here.
Car insurance is available from agents near you
A small number of people still prefer to sit down with an agent and that is a smart decision Professional agents can answer important questions and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find better rates but also keep your business local.
After completing this simple form, your coverage information is emailed to companies in Fort Worth that provide free Fort Worth auto insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your computer as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you can always jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right provider is decision based upon more than just a low price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- What discounts might you be missing?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Fort Worth?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
Insurance agent types
When finding a reputable agency, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents to choose from. Car insurance policy providers are considered either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can handle car insurance, but it is important to understand how they are different since it can affect the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive agencies write business for a single company such as State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They usually cannot place coverage with different providers so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents receive extensive training on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. A lot of people buy from exclusive agents mainly due to high brand loyalty and solid financial strength.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Fort Worth that can give you comparison quotes.
- Gary Gilmore – State Farm Insurance Agent
9324 Clifford St #106 – Fort Worth, TX 76108 – (817) 367-6106 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Robert Lee
908 W Berry St b – Fort Worth, TX 76110 – (817) 923-0555 – View Map
- Bob McCright – State Farm Insurance Agent
6231 Oakmont Blvd – Fort Worth, TX 76132 – (817) 294-9858 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents often have affiliation with several companies so they can write business through many different car insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can just switch to a different company and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing rates, you should always get insurance quotes from several independent insurance agents for the best price selection. Most have the option of insuring with smaller regional carriers which may have better rates.
Below is a list of independent agents in Fort Worth that are able to give rate quotes.
- Luna Insurance Agency
4475 Hemphill St – Fort Worth, TX 76115 – (817) 744-8150 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Morris Curlee Jr
3000 Altamesa Blvd #150 – Fort Worth, TX 76133 – (817) 370-9838 – View Map
- Al Boenker Insurance Agency, Inc.
6030 Jacksboro Hwy – Fort Worth, TX 76135 – (817) 306-2300 – View Map
Car insurance can be complex
When selecting coverage for your vehicles, there really isn’t a single plan that fits everyone. Every situation is different so this has to be addressed.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Does my Chrysler PT Cruiser need full coverage?
- What is the minimum liability in Texas?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Find cheaper insurance rates by comparing often
When getting Fort Worth auto insurance quotes online, it’s a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed collision coverage only to regret at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
In this article, we covered some good ideas how to find cheaper Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance in Fort Worth. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest prices are with a smaller regional carrier. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
Affordable Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance in Fort Worth can be found both online as well as from independent agents in Fort Worth, so get free Fort Worth auto insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies may not have rate quotes online and usually these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
For more information, link through to the articles below:
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Fort Worth Auto Insurance for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for College Students in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Electric Cars in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Good Students in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)