Anyone knows that insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Drivers who shop around for a cheaper policy will presumably move their business because there is a great chance of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A survey found that people who compared rate quotes regularly saved as much as $860 a year as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the lowest price for auto insurance in Fort Worth is your ultimate objective, then having some knowledge of how to get free comparison quotes and analyze insurance rates can help you be more efficient.
The easiest way to find cheaper quotes for Chevy Bolt insurance is to annually compare prices from providers who provide car insurance in Fort Worth.
- Step 1: Gain an understanding of how auto insurance works and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates like speeding and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article gives tips to prevent high rates and find overlooked discounts.
- Step 2: Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your existing policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new insurance company. As soon as coverage is bound, place your new proof of insurance certificate with the vehicle registration.
The key aspect of shopping around is to try to use the same deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get price quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. This provides an accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you should be able to find better prices using the following tips. Finding and buying the best policy in Fort Worth is easy to do. But Texas drivers must know how companies price insurance differently because it can help you find the best coverage.
To find the best insurance prices, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from companies that offer insurance in Texas. The best method to comparison shop is to perform an online rate comparison.
When comparing insurance rates, know that making a lot of price comparisons increases the chance that you will find the best rates.
The companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Texas. If several companies are displayed, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Get cheap Chevy Bolt insurance in Fort Worth with discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but companies offer discounts that you may not even be aware of. A few discounts will automatically apply when you purchase, but some need to be inquired about before they will apply.
- Professional Memberships – Being a member of specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could qualify you for a break on your next renewal.
- Driver Training Discounts – Passing a course that instructs on driving safety could earn you a small percentage discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Student in College – Children who live away from home to go to college and don’t have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a vehicle that is new may earn a small discount due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
- Pay Early and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you can actually save on your bill.
- Fort Worth Homeowners Discount – Being a homeowner can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Chevy could qualify for lower premium rates due to less chance of an accident.
- No Accidents – Fort Worth drivers who stay claim-free are rewarded with significantly better rates on Fort Worth auto insurance quote in comparison to accident-prone drivers.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Insureds who allow data collection to look at driving patterns by using a telematic data system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system may see discounts if they have good driving habits.
Don’t be surprised that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
Larger auto insurance companies and their possible discounts are:
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online quote discount, good student, multi-policy, homeowner, online signing, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- SAFECO offers discounts including safe driver, drive less, multi-car, homeowner, and accident prevention training.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including TimeAway discount, mySafetyValet, Steer into Savings, multi-vehicle, good driver, early bird, and bundled insurance.
- MetLife includes discounts for accident-free, multi-policy, good student, defensive driver, good driver, claim-free
- GEICO offers discounts for emergency military deployment, good student, anti-lock brakes, membership and employees, driver training, federal employee, and multi-vehicle.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include bundle, air bag, good student, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, defensive driver, and driver training.
Check with every company how many discounts you can get. Discounts may not apply to policyholders in your area. To view companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Fort Worth, click this link.
You may need advice from an insurance agent
Many people would prefer to buy from a local agent and we recommend doing that One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is you can get cheap car insurance rates and also buy local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your information is instantly submitted to companies in Fort Worth who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. It’s the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you wish to quote rates from one company in particular, you just need to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking the best insurer is decision based upon more than just the price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- How are claims handled?
Types of car insurance agents
If you want a local Fort Worth insurance agency, there are two different types of agents and how they operate. Car insurance policy providers are either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide one company’s prices and examples are State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers often buy from the same agent for years primarily because of loyalty to the company and strong financial ratings.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Fort Worth that are able to give rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Nicki Knowlton
5318 Birchman Ave – Fort Worth, TX 76107 – (817) 737-7555 – View Map
- Camilla Harris – State Farm Insurance Agent
7225 Crowley Rd a – Fort Worth, TX 76134 – (817) 293-0496 – View Map
- Mike McAda – State Farm Insurance Agent
8501 Boat Club Rd – Fort Worth, TX 76179 – (817) 236-8781 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
These type of agents do not write with just one company so they can write business with lots of companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If you want to switch companies, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When shopping rates, we recommend you get quotes from several independent insurance agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most independent agents also contract with lesser-known insurance companies who may have lower rates.
Shown below are Fort Worth independent agencies that are able to give price quote information.
- Al Boenker Insurance Agency, Inc.
6030 Jacksboro Hwy – Fort Worth, TX 76135 – (817) 306-2300 – View Map
- Bradley Insurance
1415 Summit Ave – Fort Worth, TX 76102 – (817) 332-4064 – View Map
- Ornelas Insurance Agency
5901 E Lancaster Ave – Fort Worth, TX 76112 – (817) 496-9111 – View Map
Eight factors that impact insurance rates
Lots of factors are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are more transparent such as your credit history or how safe your car is.
Liability protection limits should be high – Your auto insurance policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you in the event that a jury decides you are liable for personal injury or accident damage. It provides legal defense coverage to attempt to prove you were not liable. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Occupation stress can affect premiums – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Occupations such as military personnel, police officers, and dentists tend to have higher average rates attributed to stressful work requirements and incredibly demanding work hours. Conversely, jobs like scientists, engineers and the unemployed generally pay rates lower than average.
Traffic violations drive up premiums – How you drive has a big impact on rates. Having just one speeding ticket can boost insurance rates substantially. Careful drivers pay less for auto insurance than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who have gotten severe violations such as DUI or willful reckless driving may find that they have to to file a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to continue driving.
Rural areas have lower costs – Living in areas with lower population has definite advantages when buying auto insurance. Less people living in that area means reduced accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. People who live in big cities have to deal with more aggressive driving styles and longer commute times. More time behind the wheel means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
Prices go up with performance – The performance of the car you drive makes a big difference in determining your rates. Lower cost passenger cars normally have pretty low rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
Alarms and GPS tracking lower auto insurance rates – Buying a car with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Theft prevention features like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack can thwart auto theft and help lower rates.
Do you need those add-on coverages? – There are a lot of extra bells and whistles you can purchase when buying auto insurance. Coverage for things like rental car reimbursement, better glass coverage, and extra life insurance coverage may be costing you every month. These coverages may sound good when deciding what coverages you need, but if you don’t need them remove them from your policy.
Youthful drivers cost more – Inexperience drivers are statistically proven to get distracted easily when behind the wheel and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher. If you’ve ever had to add a teenage driver to your auto insurance policy can increase premiums substantially. Older people are proven to be safer behind the wheel, cost insurance companies less in claims, and receive fewer citations.
Three reasons to insure your Chevy vehicle
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle is required in Texas but also provides important benefits.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Bolt has a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chevy for a lot more money and require you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects not only your Chevy but also your financial assets. It also can pay for medical bills that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying over $850 per year so you should quote your policy with other companies at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Keep this in mind when shopping around
Insureds who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including policy non-renewal, denial of a claim, high rates after DUI convictions and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching companies is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Discount Chevy Bolt insurance in Fort Worth is possible online as well as from insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies may not offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these smaller companies work with independent insurance agencies.
When shopping online for auto insurance, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost while still protecting your assets.
For more information, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Fort Worth Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Business Use in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Welfare Recipients in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)