It's a fact that auto insurance companies don't want you shop around. Consumers who get price quotes annually are likely to switch auto insurance companies because they have good chances of finding a more affordable policy premium. A recent survey revealed that consumers who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved on average $70 a month compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the cheapest rates on auto insurance is the reason you're here, then knowing how to shop for coverage rates can make it easier to find better rates.
Truthfully, the best way to get more affordable Volkswagen Jetta insurance is to begin comparing prices regularly from companies who provide car insurance in Fort Worth. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of the coverage provided by your policy and the things you can change to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices like traffic citations and a negative credit score can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article gives tips to get cheaper rates and find possible discounts that are available.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple insurance companies. View companies
Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Notify your current company of your intention to cancel your current coverage. Submit a down payment and signed policy application for the new coverage. Be sure to store the proof of insurance paperwork with your registration paperwork.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you enter the same deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get quotes from every company you can. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Companies offering Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Texas
The companies in the list below can provide price quotes in Fort Worth, TX. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to find the most affordable rates.
Detailed insurance information
The coverage information shown next covers different insurance prices for Volkswagen Jetta models. Having insight into how insurance quotes are calculated is important to be able to make smart choices when purchasing an insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Jetta S 4-Dr Sedan||$166||$288||$392||$24||$118||$988||$82|
|Jetta S 2.5 Station Wagon||$166||$288||$334||$20||$100||$908||$76|
|Jetta LE 4-Dr Sedan||$166||$288||$392||$24||$118||$988||$82|
|Jetta SE 4-Dr Sedan||$186||$338||$392||$24||$118||$1,058||$88|
|Jetta SE 2.5 Station Wagon||$186||$338||$334||$20||$100||$978||$82|
|Jetta 2.0T 4-Dr Sedan||$186||$338||$392||$24||$118||$1,058||$88|
|Jetta SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$186||$338||$392||$24||$118||$1,058||$88|
|Jetta 2.0T Station Wagon||$186||$338||$334||$20||$100||$978||$82|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Premium amounts do not factor in zip code location which can revise auto insurance rates significantly.
The example below illustrates how your deductible choice and can impact Volkswagen Jetta insurance rates for different age groups of insureds. Data assumes a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The information below visualizes the comparison of Volkswagen Jetta car insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The price estimates are based on no claims or violations, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no specific rule to eliminate comp and collision coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of coverage is more than around 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Volkswagen Jetta book value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, you would only receive $3,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premiums are more than $300 a year for full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some scenarios where dropping full coverage is not a good plan. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Smart Buyers Save Money
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the elements that go into determining auto insurance rates. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that can help you get lower premium levels.
The itemized list below are some of the most common factors used by insurance companies to determine premiums.
- Increase coverage deductibles to save - The deductibles you choose represent how much money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, protects your car from damage. Some examples of covered claims could be a windshield broken by a bird, hail damage, and damage from wind. The more the insured has to pay upfront, the less your auto insurance will be.
Premiums are high for teenagers - Young drivers in Texas tend to be careless and easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Older insureds tend to be more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and are generally more financially stable.
The data below uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Tickets are costly - Drivers with clean records get better rates than bad drivers. Getting just one speeding ticket can bump up the cost twenty percent or more. Drivers with dangerous citations like DUI or willful reckless driving might be required by their state to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state's department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
The illustration below demonstrates how citations and fender-benders increase Volkswagen Jetta annual premium costs for each age group. The rate quotes are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
- Drivers with excellent credit save on auto insurance - A driver's credit score can be an important factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. If your credit rating leaves room for improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Volkswagen Jetta if you improve your credit rating. Drivers who have good credit tend to be better risks to insure than drivers who have poor credit.
- Can a thief steal your car? - Purchasing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention devices like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM's OnStar system can help prevent car theft.
- Save money by eliminating extra policy coverages - There are a ton of additional extra coverages you can purchase on your Jetta policy. Insurance for rental car coverage, towing, and extra equipment coverage are examples of these. These coverages may sound good when discussing your needs, but if you've never needed them in the past remove them and pocket the money.
- Marriage is a factor - Getting married may cut your premiums when shopping for auto insurance. Having a significant other demonstrates that you tend to be more responsible and statistics prove drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Insurance loss probability for a Volkswagen Jetta - Insurers use data from past claims to help determine rates. Vehicles that are shown to have increased claim numbers or amounts will cost more for specific coverages.
The table shown below demonstrates the historical insurance loss data for Volkswagen Jetta vehicles. For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles as a whole equals 100. Values that are below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values that are above 100 point to more frequent losses or tendency to have larger claims.
Volkswagen Jetta Insurance Claim Statistics Specific Volkswagen Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volkswagen Jetta 110 118 93 113 123 127 Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid 128 121 114 104BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Save money on Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Fort Worth with these auto insurance discounts
Some companies don't always advertise every discount available very clearly, so the following list contains some of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Fort Worth car insurance online. If they aren't giving you every credit possible, it's possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Seat Belts Save - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use their safety belts can save a little on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- College Student - Older children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Fort Worth and do not have access to a covered vehicle could get you a discount.
- ABS Braking Discount - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can stop better under adverse conditions and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Buy New and Save - Insuring a new Jetta can save up to 30% because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Professional Organizations - Belonging to a civic or occupational organization in Fort Worth could trigger savings on your bill.
- Own a Home - Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings because it means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Telematics Devices - People who choose to allow their insurance company to spy on where and when they drive by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Progressive's Snapshot could possibly reduce rates if they show good driving skills.
- No Claim Discounts - Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts when compared to bad drivers.
You can save money using discounts, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy. Any qualifying discounts will lower the amount you pay for coverage.
The information below visualizes the comparison of Volkswagen Jetta auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The premiums are based on a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-car, claim-free, and marriage discounts applied.
Large auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be found below.
- Progressive discounts include homeowner, multi-vehicle, online signing, multi-policy, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and good student.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for anti-theft, drive less, homeowner, bundle discounts, accident prevention training, multi-car, and teen safe driver.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including accident-free, defensive driver, early bird, TimeAway discount, and Steer into Savings.
- MetLife may offer discounts for good driver, defensive driver, accident-free, claim-free, and multi-policy.
- GEICO may have discounts that include good student, anti-theft, defensive driver, seat belt use, five-year accident-free, air bags, and anti-lock brakes.
- The Hartford offers discounts including bundle, anti-theft, good student, vehicle fuel type, driver training, and air bag.
It's a good idea to ask all the companies how you can save money. A few discounts may not apply in your state. To locate auto insurance companies who offer free Volkswagen Jetta insurance quotes in Fort Worth, click here to view.
Compare rates but buy from a local Fort Worth insurance agency
Some people just want to go talk to an agent and that can be a great decision Professional insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and still have a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, the coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your auto insurance coverage. You won't need to leave your computer since price quotes are sent directly to you. In the event you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you can always search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Deciding on an provider requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. A good agent in Fort Worth will have answers to these questions.
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Fort Worth?
- Does the agent help file claims?
When searching for a local agent, there are two different types of agencies and how they function. Insurance agencies in Fort Worth can either be independent or exclusive. Both types can provide auto insurance policies, but it's worth learning the difference in how they write coverage since it could factor into buying decisions.
Agents of this type write business for a single company like American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers sometimes choose to use a exclusive agent partially due to high brand loyalty rather than having low rates.
The following are Fort Worth exclusive insurance agents who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- State Farm Insurance - Esmeralda Gutierrez
2219 W Berry St - Fort Worth, TX 76110 - (817) 923-2886 - View Map
- Marianne Leal - State Farm Insurance Agent
1205 N Main St - Fort Worth, TX 76164 - (817) 740-1508 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Nicki Knowlton
5318 Birchman Ave - Fort Worth, TX 76107 - (817) 737-7555 - View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are not required to write business for one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with multiple insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they can switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent. When comparing rate quotes, it's a good idea to compare quotes from independent agents to maximize your price options. They often place coverage with smaller mutual companies which could offer lower prices.
The following are independent agencies in Fort Worth willing to provide price quote information.
- Nationwide Insurance: Darla Duncan Insurance Agency
5801 Curzon Ave #137 - Fort Worth, TX 76107 - (817) 731-0991 - View Map
- Main Street Independent Insurance- Tim Linzy, Agent
6300 Ridglea Pl #1115 - Fort Worth, TX 76116 - (817) 380-5597 - View Map
- Doc Jackson Insurance Agency
3305 Miller Ave - Fort Worth, TX 76119 - (817) 535-5000 - View Map
Quote. Compare. Save.
In this article, we covered a lot of techniques to save on Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Fort Worth. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Volkswagen Jetta rate quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best rates are with the smaller companies.
Insureds who switch companies do it for many reasons like high prices, not issuing a premium refund, lack of trust in their agent or even being labeled a high risk driver. Whatever your reason, switching car insurance companies is less work than it seems.
Some insurance providers don't offer rates over the internet and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents. Budget-conscious Volkswagen Jetta insurance is definitely available from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
Additional car insurance information can be found at these links: