Really, the only way to find lower priced Ford Shelby GT350 insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurers who can sell car insurance in Fort Worth. You can shop around by completing these steps.
- Try to comprehend how your policy works and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that cause rate increases such as high-risk driving behaviors and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details. Continue reading for ideas to help keep prices low and find overlooked discounts.
- Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rates to your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your agent or company to cancel the current policy and submit the application along with any required down payment to your new carrier. Once coverage is bound, put the new proof of insurance certificate with your vehicle’s registration.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you enter the same deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to look at as many different insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
A recent study showed that a large majority of insurance policyholders have remained with the same insurance company for well over three years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. Drivers in Texas could cut their rates by as much as 70% a year just by shopping around, but they don’t know how much savings they would realize if they just switched companies.
Shopping for more affordable policy in Fort Worth is not as time-consuming as you think. Practically everyone who shops for car insurance will probably be able to save money. Nevertheless, Texas drivers do need to learn the methods companies use to sell online and use it to find better rates.
To find more affordable rates, there are a couple of ways to compare rate quotes from different Fort Worth insurance companies. The fastest way to comparison shop is to perform an online rate comparison.
It’s so fast and easy to compare rate quotes online that it makes it obsolete to call or drive to and from local Fort Worth insurance agencies. Comparing Ford Shelby GT350 insurance rate quotes online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you’re the type of person who wants the personal advice of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. It is possible with some companies find lower rates online but still have the advice of a local agent. When price shopping your coverage, obtaining a wide range of quotes helps locate the best price.
The following companies are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Fort Worth, TX. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the most competitive price.
Cheaper rates with discounts
Insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that you may not know about. Most are applied at quote time, but once in a while a discount must be asked about prior to getting the savings.
- Government Employee Discount – Federal government employees may qualify for a discount when you quote Fort Worth auto insurance with select insurance companies.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more on Shelby GT350 insurance in Fort Worth.
- College Student Discount – Youth drivers who are attending college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle could get you a discount.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but companies like State Farm and Allstate will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up so long as you haven’t had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Homeowners Savings – Simply owning a home can save a few bucks because of the fact that having a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Buy New and Save – Putting coverage on a new Shelby GT350 can save you some money since newer models are generally safer.
As a sidenote, most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the appearance that having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it’s just not the way it works. Any qualifying discounts will reduce the cost of your policy.
A few popular companies and some of the discounts are outlined below.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for homeowners, student driver, anti-lock brakes, automatic seat belts, air bags, good student, and driver training.
- State Farm has savings for accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, multiple policy, driver’s education, and passive restraint.
- AAA includes discounts for education and occupation, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, multi-car, anti-theft, good student, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for exclusive group savings, new vehicle discount, new move discount, hybrid vehicle, and newly retired.
- Progressive discounts include online signing, online quote discount, good student, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
It’s a good idea to ask each company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area. To locate providers who offer discounts in Texas, click here.
Components of Your Ford Shelby GT350 Insurance Prices
Many factors are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are more obscure like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are.
The list below includes just a few of the factors used by companies to determine premiums.
Consider raising comp and collision deductibles – Physical damage protection, aka comp and collision, covers damage that occurs to your Ford. Examples of some claims that would be covered are running into the backend of another car, damage caused by hail, and rolling your vehicle. Comp and collision deductibles state the amount of money you are required to spend if a claim is determined to be covered. The more of the claim you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for insurance.
Male premiums may be higher – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women tend to be less risk to insure than men. This data doesn’t prove that females are better drivers. Both sexes have at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but the males get into accidents with more damage. They also receive more major tickets like DUI and reckless driving. Teenage male drivers are most likely to cause an accident and therefore pay the highest rates.
Pay lower costs if you’re married – Getting married can get you a discount on your insurance policy. Having a significant other translates into being more mature and statistics prove married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Bad credit will cost you – Having a good credit score can be an important factor in determining your rates. People that have high credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower ratings. If your credit can use some improvement, you may save money insuring your Ford Shelby GT350 by improving your rating.
Liability is critical – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance provides coverage if a jury decides you are liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your liability coverage provides you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Insurance rates and age – Inexperience drivers have been known to be inattentive behind the wheel and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher. If you’ve ever had to add a young driver onto your insurance can be quite pricey. Older, more experienced drivers are more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and get fewer tickets.
Vehicle theft costs us all – Selecting a car model that has an advanced theft prevention system can help bring down rates. Systems that thwart thieves like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all help stop auto theft and help lower rates.
More performance means more cost – The performance level of the car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a big difference in your premium level. The lowest base rates tend to be for small economy passenger cars, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.