Anyone knows that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Drivers who perform rate comparisons are likely to switch to a new company because they have a good chance of finding a more affordable policy. A recent auto insurance study discovered that drivers who routinely compared quotes saved over $3,400 over four years compared to those who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding low prices for Hyundai Azera insurance is the reason you’re here, then understanding the best way to compare car insurance can save money and time.
The easiest way to save on Hyundai Azera insurance in Fort Worth is to start comparing rates regularly from companies in Texas. You can shop around by following these steps.
- Step 1: Try to comprehend policy coverages and the modifications you can make to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases like careless driving and a lousy credit rating can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Step 2: Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of companies. View companies
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Step 4: Tell your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current coverage. Submit a signed application and payment to the new company. Don’t forget to put the certificate verifying proof of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
A key point to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same amount of coverage on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and and a good selection of different prices.
If you have coverage now or are shopping for new coverage, you can follow these tips to save money while maximizing coverage. These techniques will teach you a little about how auto insurance companies operate and also pocket some savings Drivers only have to learn the most effective way to compare different rates online.
Buy Fort Worth Hyundai Azera insurance online
Most major insurance companies allow you to get coverage prices online. Doing online quotes for Hyundai Azera insurance in Fort Worth is pretty painless because you just enter your personal and coverage information into a form. After you complete the form, the system automatically orders your driving and credit reports and returns a price based on these factors.
Using the web to get rates for Hyundai Azera insurance in Fort Worth makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s very important to compare as many rates as possible if you want to get the cheapest insurance rates.
To find out how much you can save on insurance, check out the insurance providers below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you type in the insurance coverages identical to your current policy. This helps ensure you will be getting a price comparison using the same coverage and limits.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Car insurance is not optional in Texas
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Hyundai in Fort Worth, buying car insurance is required in Texas but also provides important benefits.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Azera with a loan, most banks will have a requirement that you carry insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Hyundai for a much higher rate and make you pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Hyundai Azera. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially if you ever need it. An average driver in America overpays as much as $869 every year so you should quote rates every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Hyundai Azera insurance analysis
The coverage table displayed next outlines different insurance coverage prices for Hyundai Azera models. Learning a little about how car insurance prices are established can help guide drivers when making smart choices when selecting a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Azera GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$364||$858||$514||$30||$154||$1,920||$160|
|Azera Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$410||$858||$514||$30||$154||$1,966||$164|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free. Rate information does not factor in specific zip code location which can decrease or increase coverage prices greatly.
The information below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can impact Hyundai Azera annual premium costs for different insured age categories. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Difference between liability only and full coverage rates
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Hyundai Azera auto insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The data is based on no claims, a clean driving record, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no set guideline of when to exclude comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s say your Hyundai Azera settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, you would only receive $5,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying in excess of $500 annually for full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some circumstances where buying only liability insurance is not recommended. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not buy liability only.
Affordable Fort Worth car insurance quotes with discounts
Some insurers don’t always list every policy discount in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that may apply to you. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you may be paying too high a price.
- Claim-Free Discount – Claim-free drivers have much lower rates when compared with accident-prone drivers.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class as it can save substantially.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying a new car model can be considerably cheaper since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- 55 and Retired – Older drivers are able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking time to complete a course teaching safe driver skills could earn you a small percentage discount if you qualify.
- Smart Student Discounts – Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Distant Student – Older children who live away from home to go to college and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
As a footnote on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Even though the math looks like all the discounts add up to a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
The illustration below shows the comparison of Hyundai Azera insurance rates with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The premiums are based on a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, Texas state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, marriage, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-car, and homeowner discounts applied.
Companies and a partial list of their discounts are:
- GEICO offers discounts including daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, federal employee, air bags, and anti-theft.
- SAFECO discounts include anti-lock brakes, multi-car, accident prevention training, teen safe driver, and teen safety rewards.
- State Farm offers discounts for accident-free, anti-theft, good student, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, and multiple policy.
- MetLife includes discounts for defensive driver, multi-policy, claim-free, good student, accident-free, good driver
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for theft prevention, student driver, driver training, anti-lock brakes, and defensive driver.
- Progressive has savings for continuous coverage, online signing, multi-policy, online quote discount, and homeowner.
It’s a good idea to ask each company or agent what discounts are available to you. Some discounts may not be available everywhere.
Should I talk to an insurance agent?
Many drivers still prefer to get advice from a local agent and that can be a smart move Professional insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help file insurance claims. A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still choose a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your information is submitted to local insurance agents that can give you free Fort Worth auto insurance quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered directly to your email. If for some reason you want to compare prices for a specific company, you just need to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right company should depend on more than just the price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Fort Worth?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- How many years have they been established?
How to choose the best car insurance agent in Fort Worth
When finding a local insurance agency, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they are slightly different. Car insurance agencies may be either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both types can write policy coverage, but it’s worth mentioning the difference in how they write coverage because it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only place business with one company and examples are AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents receive extensive training on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some insured continue to purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to the prominent brand name instead of buying on price only.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Fort Worth who may provide you with price quotes.
- Larry Martin – State Farm Insurance Agent
7833 Summer Creek Dr – Fort Worth, TX 76123 – (817) 292-6214 – View Map
- Sloan Clark – State Farm Insurance Agent
2606 S Cherry Ln – Fort Worth, TX 76116 – (817) 560-3344 – View Map
- Raudel Flores – State Farm Insurance Agent
4200 South Fwy #102 – Fort Worth, TX 76115 – (817) 926-9537 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies can quote rates with many companies and that enables them to quote your coverage through many different car insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If you want to switch companies, they simply move your policy to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent.
When searching for an agent, you will want to get rate quotes from a few independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. Many can place coverage with less well-known companies which could offer lower prices.
Below are Fort Worth independent insurance agents who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Woods Insurance Agency
2740 Western Center Blvd #504 – Fort Worth, TX 76131 – (817) 232-1580 – View Map
- Hall Insurance Agency, Inc.
3559 Williams Rd Suite 110 – Fort Worth, TX 76116 – (817) 370-0125 – View Map
- Armor Texas Insurance Agency
6613 McCart Ave – Fort Worth, TX 76133 – (817) 332-2066 – View Map
How much insurance do I need?
When selecting the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
These are some specific questions might help in determining if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- If my Hyundai Azera is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Auto insurance coverages 101
Learning about specific coverages of your auto insurance policy can be of help when determining the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement.
Collision insurance covers damage to your Azera caused by collision with an object or car. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for things like hitting a parking meter, sideswiping another vehicle, hitting a mailbox and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to raise the deductible on your Azera to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as hitting a deer, damage from flooding and theft. The most your auto insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Liability insurance protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property by causing an accident. It protects YOU from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show values of 30/60/25 which means a $30,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $60,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things like attorney fees, structural damage, court costs, emergency aid and medical services. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as large an amount as possible. Texas requires drivers to carry at least 30/60/25 but drivers should carry better liability coverage.
The chart below shows why minimum state limits may not be adequate coverage.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Hyundai Azera.
Since many Texas drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (which is 30/60/25), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Coverage for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for short-term medical expenses for things like chiropractic care, surgery, X-ray expenses and ambulance fees. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Don’t give up on affordable rates
We just presented some good ideas how you can get a better price on Hyundai Azera insurance in Fort Worth. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. Drivers may even discover the lowest rates come from an unexpected company.
Consumers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as delays in paying claims, not issuing a premium refund, policy cancellation or delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new company is actually quite simple.
When searching for affordable Hyundai Azera insurance quotes, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that it was a big error on their part. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost and still be able to protect your assets.
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)