If you’ve never shopped for Fort Worth car insurance quotes online, by this point your are probably confused thanks to the incredible selection local agents and online companies all claiming to have the lowest rates for Honda CR-Z insurance in Fort Worth.
It’s easy to assume that insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Consumers who perform rate comparisons will presumably buy a new policy because there is a good chance of finding a more affordable policy premium. A study discovered that people who regularly compared price quotes saved on average $865 annually compared to people who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding low prices for Honda CR-Z insurance is your ultimate objective, then learning a little about how to get rate quotes and compare insurance rates can make it easier for you to save money.
Companies offering low-cost Honda CR-Z prices in Fort Worth, TX
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Honda CR-Z Insurance Rate Factors
Many factors are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is.
The following are a partial list of the pieces used by companies to determine prices.
Performance impacts insurance premiums – The performance of the car, truck or SUV you drive makes a big difference in your car insurance bill. Small economy passenger cars generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
Costs impacted by vehicle usage – The more miles you rack up on your Honda annually the higher your rate. A lot of insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage get more affordable rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Double check that your vehicle rating correctly shows the right rating data, because improper ratings can cost you money. A policy that improperly rates your CR-Z can result in significantly higher rates.
Higher premiums for stressful occupations – Jobs such as military personnel, architects, and stock brokers are shown to have higher rates than average because of high stress levels and long work days. On the other hand, careers like farmers, historians and the unemployed receive lower rates.
Multi-policy discounts can save money – Lots of insurers afford better rates to clients who consolidate policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, you may still want to shop around to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
Know your credit history – A driver’s credit score factor in calculating your premium rate. Insureds that have excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible than drivers with lower credit ratings. Therefore, if your credit is lower than you’d like, you could be paying less to insure your Honda CR-Z by improving your credit score.
Discounts for married drivers – Having a wife or husband actually saves money on your policy. It may mean you are more stable financially and insurance companies like that being married results in fewer claims.
Too many claims and you’ll pay more – Car insurance companies in Texas give discounts to insureds who are not frequent claim filers. If you file a lot of claims you can expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for claims that pose a financial burden.
Honda CR-Z claim statistics – Insurers include the past claim history for a vehicle to calculate a rate that will offset losses. Vehicles that the data determines to have increased losses will cost more to insure. The table shown below demonstrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Honda CR-Z vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, equals 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 represent a good loss history, while values that are above 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased chance of a larger loss.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Honda CR-Z Hybrid||106||87||83||98|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get discounts to get affordable Fort Worth insurance quotes
Insurance can be pricey, but you may be missing some discounts that may help make it more affordable. A few discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but once in a while a discount must be inquired about in order for you to get them. If you don’t get every credit possible, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Forcing all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Policy Bundle Discount – When you combine your auto and home insurance with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of up to 20% off your total CR-Z insurance premium.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- Multi-car Discount – Insuring more than one vehicle on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than spreading payments over time you could save 5% or more.
- Defensive Driving Course – Passing a defensive driving course could cut 5% off your bill and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Government Employee Discount – Federal government employees could cut as much as 10% off with a few insurance companies.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having an actively deployed family member could mean lower premium rates.
It’s important to note that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Even though it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it’s just not the way it works.
A partial list of companies that have these discounts are:
If you want the cheapest Honda CR-Z rate quotes, ask each insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some discounts listed above might not be offered in your area. If you would like to view companies that offer discounts in Fort Worth, click this link.
Should I have guidance from an agent?
Many drivers still prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision The biggest benefit of comparing insurance online is that you can find better rates and still choose a local agent. Putting coverage with local agents is important especially in Fort Worth.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Fort Worth who will give competitive quotes for your business. There is no reason to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. You can find the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you can always navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you want to use a reputable agency, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Insurance agencies can either be independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents often have many company appointments so they can insure your vehicles with lots of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparing rate quotes, you need to get insurance quotes from a few independent agents for maximum quote selection. They often place coverage with smaller regional carriers that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Featured below is a list of independent agencies in Fort Worth who can help you get pricing information.
- Nationwide Insurance: The Hulett Agency Inc
11751 Alta Vista Rd Ste 401 – Fort Worth, TX 76244 – (817) 533-8027 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: The Jeter Agency
6650 N Beach St Ste 118 – Fort Worth, TX 76137 – (817) 788-8620 – View Map
- Luna Insurance Agency
4475 Hemphill St – Fort Worth, TX 76115 – (817) 744-8150 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel normally can only provide a single company’s rates like State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price. Some people will only use the same agent mostly because of high brand loyalty and strong financial ratings.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Fort Worth who can help you get price quote information.
- Larry Martin – State Farm Insurance Agent
7833 Summer Creek Dr – Fort Worth, TX 76123 – (817) 292-6214 – View Map
- Camilla Harris – State Farm Insurance Agent
7225 Crowley Rd a – Fort Worth, TX 76134 – (817) 293-0496 – View Map
- Ricardo Rivera – State Farm Insurance Agent
2516 NE 28th St Ste 124 – Fort Worth, TX 76106 – (817) 945-2900 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agent requires more thought than just the price. Any agent in Fort Worth should be willing to answer these questions.
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Fort Worth?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
Be persistent and save
Insureds switch companies for a number of reasons such as delays in responding to claim requests, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, policy non-renewal or policy cancellation. No matter why you want to switch, finding the right auto insurance provider is actually quite simple.
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Fort Worth is attainable on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who don’t offer rates over the internet and most of the time these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through local independent agents.
We just covered a lot of tips how to find lower-cost Honda CR-Z insurance in Fort Worth. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the best prices are with the smaller companies.
How to find low-cost Honda CR-Z insurance in Fort Worth
It takes a little time, but the best way to get affordable auto insurance rates is to regularly compare quotes from companies in Fort Worth.
- Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about auto insurance and the measures you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that result in higher rates such as high-risk driving behaviors and a poor credit score can be remedied by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current company of your intention to cancel the current policy. Submit payment and a signed application for your new coverage. As soon as coverage is bound, keep the new certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A key point to remember is to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get prices from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures a level playing field and a thorough selection of prices.
Additional auto insurance information is located below:
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Fort Worth Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V? (FAQ)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)