Are you regretting the purchase of an overpriced car insurance policy? You’re in good company because many Fort Worth drivers have buyer’s remorse.
Sadly, the vast majority of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and 38% of drivers have never quoted car insurance rates at all. Many drivers in Fort Worth can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to compare other rate quotes. Big-name insurance companies like GEICO, 21st Century and Progressive increase brand awareness with ad campaigns and it can be hard to separate fact from fiction and do the work needed to find the best deal.
How to buy GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance online
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer price quotes in Fort Worth, TX. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance coverage information
The coverage table shown next showcases estimates of coverage costs for GMC Sierra 3500HD models. Being aware of how insurance prices are figured is important for making smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Regular Cab 2WD||$412||$698||$382||$22||$114||$1,628||$136|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Regular Cab 4WD||$412||$804||$476||$28||$142||$1,862||$155|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$412||$698||$382||$22||$114||$1,628||$136|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Extended Cab 2WD||$412||$698||$382||$22||$114||$1,628||$136|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Extended Cab 4WD||$412||$804||$476||$28||$142||$1,862||$155|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Crew Cab 4WD||$412||$804||$476||$28||$142||$1,862||$155|
|Sierra 3500HD SLT Extended Cab 2WD||$412||$698||$382||$22||$114||$1,628||$136|
|Sierra 3500HD SLT Crew Cab 4WD||$412||$804||$476||$28||$142||$1,862||$155|
|Sierra 3500HD SLT Extended Cab 4WD||$412||$804||$476||$28||$142||$1,862||$155|
|Sierra 3500HD SLT Crew Cab 2WD||$454||$804||$382||$22||$114||$1,776||$148|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in specific garaging location which can change coverage prices greatly.
The diagram below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can raise or lower GMC Sierra 3500HD premium costs for different age groups. The data assumes a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied.
How violations and accidents impact rates
The information below shows how violations and accidents can drive up GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance premiums for different age groups of insureds. The rate quotes are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Car insurance rates by gender and age
The chart below illustrates the difference between GMC Sierra 3500HD yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes no claims, a clean driving record, full coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Auto insurance is not optional in Texas
Despite the high insurance cost for a GMC Sierra 3500HD in Fort Worth, auto insurance is mandatory in Texas but it also protects more than you think.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your GMC Sierra 3500HD with a loan, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your GMC at a much higher rate and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects your GMC Sierra 3500HD and your assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your Sierra 3500HD are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. As of last year, the average driver in Texas is currently overpaying as much as $850 per year so it’s recommended you shop around at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Get cheaper GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance rates in Fort Worth
Some companies do not list every possible discount in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of some of the best known and the more hidden credits available to bring down your rates. If you do not double check each discount you qualify for, you are just wasting money.
- No Accidents – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay much less in comparison to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Home Ownership Discount – Being a homeowner can save a few bucks because owning a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Club Memberships – Being a member of a professional or civic organization may earn a discount on your bill.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Theft Deterrent System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are less likely to be stolen and will save you 10% or more on Sierra 3500HD insurance in Fort Worth.
- Military Discounts – Being on active deployment in the military may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By making one initial payment rather than spreading payments over time you could save up to 5%.
- Discount for New Cars – Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Bundle and Save – When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance and insure them with the same company you could earn a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
One thing to note about discounts is that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
The chart below compares GMC Sierra 3500HD annual premium costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The price estimates are based on a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-car, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
Large insurance companies and their possible discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive offers discounts including continuous coverage, multi-policy, good student, homeowner, online signing, and online quote discount.
- AAA has savings for anti-theft, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, good student, and multi-car.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for business and professional, switch companies, bundle discounts, multi-car, good student, pay in full, and homeowner.
- GEICO may have discounts that include seat belt use, multi-policy, anti-theft, daytime running lights, emergency military deployment, and driver training.
- Esurance may offer discounts for DriveSense, good driver, renters, paid-in-full, defensive driver, and good student.
- SAFECO offers discounts for anti-theft, teen safe driver, drive less, bundle discounts, homeowner, accident prevention training, and teen safety rewards.
- State Farm discounts include driver’s education, accident-free, good student, defensive driving training, student away at school, passive restraint, and safe vehicle.
When comparing rates, check with every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered on policies in Fort Worth. To locate insurance companies offering insurance discounts in Texas, click here to view.
Auto insurance can be complex
When selecting proper insurance coverage, there is no cookie cutter policy. Your needs are unique to you.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Auto insurance is available from local insurance agents
Many drivers just prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is a smart decision Good agents can answer important questions and help file insurance claims. One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get the best rates and still buy from a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Fort Worth who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent to the email address you provide. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you can always find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Picking a company should depend on more than just the quoted price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
If you’re trying to find local Fort Worth agents, there are a couple of types of agencies to choose from. Agents can be described as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either type can provide auto insurance policies, but it’s worth learning how they are different because it can factor into the type of agent you choose.
Agents that elect to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company like American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They usually cannot provide other company’s prices so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Shown below are Fort Worth exclusive insurance agents who can help you get price quote information.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent often have many company appointments and that enables them to quote your coverage amongst many companies and potentially find a lower price. If they quote lower rates, your agent can switch companies and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing auto insurance rates, we recommend you get rate quotes from a few independent agents in order to have the best price comparison.
Below are Fort Worth independent agencies that can give you rate quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Darla Duncan Insurance Agency
5801 Curzon Ave #137 – Fort Worth, TX 76107 – (817) 731-0991 – View Map
What car insurance coverages do you need?
Knowing the specifics of car insurance helps when choosing which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses for surgery, doctor visits, EMT expenses and rehabilitation expenses. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Liability – Liability coverage will cover damage that occurs to people or other property in an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show limits of 30/60/25 that translate to a $30,000 limit per person for injuries, $60,000 for the entire accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims like repair costs for stationary objects, medical services, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and emergency aid. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford. Texas state law requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but you should think about purchasing more coverage.
The next chart shows why the minimum limit may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
Comprehensive auto coverage – This coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like rock chips in glass, fire damage and vandalism. The most a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision coverage – Collision insurance covers damage to your Sierra 3500HD from colliding with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against things such as sideswiping another vehicle, crashing into a ditch and rolling your car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. It’s also possible to increase the deductible on your Sierra 3500HD to get cheaper collision coverage.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – This provides protection when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your GMC Sierra 3500HD.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (30/60/25 in Texas), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Cheaper coverage is out there
A few companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent agencies. More affordable car insurance in Fort Worth is possible both online and with local Fort Worth insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection.
People change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, extreme rates for teen drivers, poor customer service and high prices. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching car insurance companies is actually quite simple.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Steps to finding affordable GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance in Fort Worth
The recommended way to find low-cost GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance in Fort Worth is to compare prices at least once a year from insurers who sell insurance in Texas.
- First, spend some time learning about what coverages are included in your policy and the steps you can take to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that cause rate increases such as traffic violations and poor credit history can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the new quotes to your existing policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Fourth, provide written notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current coverage. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for your new coverage. Make sure you keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
The most important part of shopping around is that you use similar limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
More detailed car insurance information is available in these articles:
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Young Drivers in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- How Much are Fort Worth Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 21? (FAQ)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)