It's safe to conclude that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Drivers who shop around will most likely buy a new policy because there is a good probability of finding a policy with more affordable rates. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that people who shopped around every year saved as much as $70 a month compared to policyholders who never compared other company's rates.
If finding the lowest price on auto insurance in Fort Worth is your ultimate target, then having an understanding of how to find and compare coverage rates can make the process less intimidating.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get cheaper car insurance rates is to compare prices at least once a year from companies who can sell car insurance in Fort Worth.
First, read about how your policy works and the modifications you can make to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that increase rates like multiple speeding tickets and poor credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Second, compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for many different companies. Get quotes now
Third, compare the quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available in Fort Worth. If you can save money and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, give notification to your agent or company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a completed policy application and payment to your new insurance company. As soon as you receive it, safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance with your vehicle's registration.
A valuable tip to remember is that you use identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to look at as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
When comparing auto insurance rates, know that getting more free quotes helps you find a lower rate than you're paying now. Not every company provides online Fort Worth Rav4 Hybrid insurance quotes, so it's important to compare price quotes from them as well.
The providers in the list below can provide price quotes in Fort Worth, TX. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Why you need to buy car insurance
Even though it can be expensive, buying car insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, it's guaranteed your bank will require that you have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Toyota at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for it.
- Car insurance protects both your Toyota and your assets. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Toyota gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. But the average American driver is overpaying over $750 every year so it's very important to do a rate comparison at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Slash your car insurance rates with these eight discounts
Companies do not list every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden credits available to bring down your rates.
- Telematics Devices - Policyholders that allow their car insurance company to track driving patterns by using a telematics device like Allstate's Drivewise may see discounts if they are good drivers.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Some insurance companies give better premium rates if you take out auto and life insurance together.
- Defensive Driving Course - Completing a safe driver course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Professional Organizations - Being a member of qualifying clubs or civic groups is a good way to get lower rates on your next car insurance statement.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Options like air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings of 25 to 30%.
- Senior Citizens - If you're over the age of 55, you are able to get a small discount on rates.
- New Vehicle Savings - Adding a new car to your policy can get you a discount since newer models have better safety ratings.
- Paperless Signup - A few insurance companies will provide an incentive for buying your policy on the web.
While discounts sound great, it's important to understand that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business. Any qualifying discounts should help reduce your premiums.
Large car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be read below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including Drive Safe & Save, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, and multiple autos.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for business and professional, pay in full, multi-car, good student, mature driver, homeowner, and alternative fuel.
- Progressive discounts include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online signing, continuous coverage, and good student.
- GEICO includes discounts for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, five-year accident-free, emergency military deployment, and good student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may have discounts that include anti-lock brakes, paid in full, multi-policy, group or association, mature driver, safe driver, and air bags.
- The Hartford may include discounts for air bag, bundle, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, good student, and driver training.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for multi-vehicle, youthful driver, multi-policy, 55 and retired, good student, safe driver, and driver training.
- USAA offers premium reductions for family discount, defensive driver, loyalty savings, military installation, vehicle storage, and new vehicle.
If you are trying to find affordable Fort Worth car insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered in Fort Worth. To choose insurers that offer discounts in Texas, click here to view.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When it comes to choosing coverage online or from an agent, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Your needs are unique to you and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions may help you determine if your insurance needs might need an agent's assistance.
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- What is the minimum liability in Texas?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
If you're not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Insurance agencies can help
A lot of people still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind The best thing about comparing car insurance online is you can get the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), the quote information is submitted to insurance agents in Fort Worth that can provide free Fort Worth car insurance quotes to get your business. There is no reason to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. It's the lowest rates without a big time investment. If you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Picking an insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Texas?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
When searching for a good insurance agency, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they operate. Agents in Fort Worth are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only place business with one company such as AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. A lot of people choose to use a exclusive agent primarily because of loyalty to the company and solid financial strength.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Fort Worth who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- Amado Flores - State Farm Insurance Agent
3345 Western Center Blvd Ste 180 - Fort Worth, TX 76137 - (817) 232-3000 - View Map
- Earl Wood - State Farm Insurance Agent
2900 S Hulen St #50 - Fort Worth, TX 76109 - (817) 922-9300 - View Map
- Linda Allen - State Farm Insurance Agent
5328 Boat Club Rd - Fort Worth, TX 76135 - (817) 236-7200 - View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are not restricted to one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with lots of companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If they find a lower price, the business is moved internally and you stay with the same agent. When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you compare prices from several independent insurance agents to maximize your price options. Many independent agencies also insure through additional companies that you may not be familiar with who may have lower rates.
Below are Fort Worth independent insurance agents who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Armor Texas Insurance Agency
6613 McCart Ave - Fort Worth, TX 76133 - (817) 332-2066 - View Map
- Ornelas Insurance Agency
5901 E Lancaster Ave - Fort Worth, TX 76112 - (817) 496-9111 - View Map
- Northside Insurance Agency
1237 Lincoln Ave - Fort Worth, TX 76164 - (817) 626-3100 - View Map
Car insurance coverages for a Toyota Rav4 Hybrid
Having a good grasp of your policy can help you determine the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. These are the usual coverages available from insurance companies.
This will pay to fix damage to your Rav4 Hybrid from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers claims like hitting a parking meter, colliding with a tree, crashing into a ditch, backing into a parked car and rolling your car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also bump up the deductible on your Rav4 Hybrid to bring the cost down.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle's occupants as well as your vehicle's damage.
Since many Texas drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (30/60/25), their limits can quickly be used up. That's why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea.
This coverage protects you from damage or injury you incur to other's property or people that is your fault. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 30/60/25 that translate to a $30,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $60,000, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for things such as structural damage, attorney fees and court costs. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as large an amount as possible. Texas state minimum liability requirements are 30/60/25 but it's recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
The next chart demonstrates why the minimum limit may not be adequate.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like hitting a deer, hitting a bird, vandalism, damage from a tornado or hurricane and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle's value is low it's probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses such as doctor visits, funeral costs, rehabilitation expenses, EMT expenses and chiropractic care. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Cover all your bases
As you shop your coverage around, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where someone dropped physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
In this article, we presented a lot of ways to get a better price on Toyota Rav4 Hybrid insurance in Fort Worth. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from the smaller companies. Some small companies can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
Additional information is available on the following sites:
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Silverado in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Fort Worth Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Corolla? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Fort Worth Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)