The best way to find more affordable Honda Odyssey insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from different companies who can sell car insurance in Fort Worth. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Read about coverages and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices like distracted driving and a low credit score can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover the details to help reduce premium rates and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your existing policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment for your new policy. As soon as you receive it, safely store the certificate of insurance in your vehicle's glove compartment or console.
The critical component of shopping around is to make sure you enter the same amount of coverage on each price quote and and to get price estimates from every company you can. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
Amazingly, the vast majority of consumers have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and 38% of drivers have never compared insurance rates at all. With the average insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by shopping around, but they just don't want to find cheap rates by getting comparison quotes.
The best way to compare car insurance company rates for Honda Odyssey insurance in Fort Worth is to know the fact all the major auto insurance companies provide online access to provide you with free rate quotes. All consumers are required to do is provide details including if it has an anti-theft system, the type of vehicles you drive, whether or not you need a SR-22, and if you have an active license. The data is automatically sent to many highly-rated insurers and they return cost estimate almost instantly.
To start a rate quote now, click here then complete the form.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide quotes in Fort Worth, TX. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you visit as many as you can in order to find the most affordable rates.
Take advantage of these discounts on Honda Odyssey insurance in Fort Worth
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but companies offer discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Some trigger automatically at the time you complete a quote, but some must be manually applied prior to getting the savings.
- Claim-Free Discount - Fort Worth drivers who stay claim-free have much lower rates as compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Waiver for an Accident - Not a discount per se, but some companies like GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear before the accident.
- Driver's Ed - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course if offered at their school.
- Military Discounts - Having an actively deployed family member could qualify you for better rates.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers - Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less than less cautious drivers.
Discounts save money, but please remember that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
The information below shows the difference between Honda Odyssey annual premium costs with and without discounts applied. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, no violations or accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, marriage, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-car discounts applied.
A list of car insurance companies and a selection of discounts are:
- State Farm may have discounts that include Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, good driver, student away at school, multiple policy, multiple autos, and safe vehicle.
- GEICO may offer discounts for military active duty, daytime running lights, federal employee, anti-theft, membership and employees, multi-policy, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include hybrid vehicle, new vehicle discount, new move discount, safety features, multi-policy, new graduate, and exclusive group savings.
- The Hartford includes discounts for vehicle fuel type, driver training, bundle, air bag, and good student.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for multi-policy, claim-free, good student, accident-free, and defensive driver.
- Progressive has savings for good student, online signing, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and homeowner.
Check with each company or agent which discounts you qualify for. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders in Fort Worth. To see providers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Texas, click here to view.
Premium rates and analysis
The rate table displayed next covers estimates of insurance prices for Honda Odyssey models. Having a good grasp of how policy premiums are figured is important for making informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Odyssey EX W/Rear Entertainment||$256||$496||$382||$22||$114||$1,270||$106|
|Odyssey EX-L W/Rear Entertainment||$294||$584||$382||$22||$114||$1,396||$116|
|Odyssey EX-L W/Navigation||$294||$584||$382||$22||$114||$1,396||$116|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can influence premium rates considerably.
Impact of age and gender on insurance rates
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Honda Odyssey insurance rates for male and female drivers. The costs are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Cost of full coverage in Fort Worth
The illustration below shows the difference between Honda Odyssey insurance premiums with full coverage and liability only. Data assumes no claims or driving violations, $500 deductibles, single status, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying full coverage
There is no definitive guideline to stop buying full coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than about 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let's say your Honda Odyssey replacement cost is $9,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company will settle for is $8,000 after paying your deductible. If premiums are more than $800 a year for full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some circumstances where eliminating full coverage is not in your best interest. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not buy liability only.
Why You Might Pay Lower Rates in Fort Worth
Lots of factors are considered when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, but other criteria are not quite as obvious like where you live or your commute time.
Mileage impacts premiums - The higher the miles on your Honda each year the higher your rate. The majority of insurers rate vehicles based on their usage. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting get more affordable rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Odyssey is just wasting money. It's a good idea to make sure your car insurance coverage properly reflects the correct usage for each vehicle, because improper ratings can cost you money.
Raise your comp and collision deductibles for better premiums - Physical damage protection, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some coverage claims would be collision with another vehicle, collision with an animal, and damage caused by flying debris. Deductibles for physical damage define the amount you are required to spend in the event of a claim. The larger the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
Policy add-ons could be costing you - Policies have extra coverages that sound like a good idea at the time but may not be useful. Insurance for things like vanishing deductibles, high-cost glass coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships may be costing you every month. You may think they are a good idea at first, but if you have no use for them remove them and pocket the money.
Your career may increase prices - Jobs like fire fighters, architects, and stock brokers are shown to have higher rates than the rest of us due to intense work-related stress and incredibly demanding work hours. Conversely, jobs like professors, engineers and retirees receive lower rates.
Younger drivers cost more - Older drivers are more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets. Beginning drivers have been known to be careless and easily distracted when behind the wheel so they pay higher car insurance rates.
The next chart is based on a single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Your liability limits - The liability coverage on your policy will provide protection when you are responsible for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. This coverage provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is relatively inexpensive when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Safer vehicles mean better car insurance rates - Safer cars tend to have lower insurance rates. Vehicles built for safety reduce the chance of injuries and reduced instances of injuries means your insurance company pays less and thus lower rates.
Insurance loss data for Honda Odyssey vehicles - Insurers use data from past claims to calculate a rate that offsets possible losses. Vehicles that historically have higher claim amounts or frequency will have higher rates for specific coverages. The table below illustrates the loss history for Honda Odyssey vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is represented as 100. Values that are below 100 represent a good loss history, while values that are above 100 point to more frequent losses or a tendency for claims to be larger.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years