The easiest way to find the cheapest price for Fiat 500 insurance is to do a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Fort Worth.
- Try to comprehend the coverage provided by your policy and the modifications you can make to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that cause high rates like traffic violations, accidents, and poor credit can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rates to your existing coverage and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for your new policy. Be sure to keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
One thing to point out is to use the same level of coverage on each price quote and to quote with as many carriers as you can. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete selection of prices.
It’s easy to assume that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Drivers who shop around for cheaper rates are highly likely to buy a different policy because they stand a good chance of finding discount prices. A study discovered that consumers who shopped around saved approximately $70 a month as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding discount rates on Fiat 500 insurance is the reason you’re reading this, then having an understanding of how to shop and compare car insurance can save money and time.
Just remember that comparing a wide range of rates will enable you to find more affordable rates.
The companies in the list below offer quotes in Fort Worth, TX. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Auto insurance quotes and discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Most are applied when you quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked about in order for you to get them.
- Government Employees – Federal government employees can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your company.
- Membership in Organizations – Having an affiliation with a professional or civic organization may earn a discount on your policy.
- No Claim Discounts – Fort Worth drivers who stay claim-free pay less in comparison to frequent claim filers.
- ABS Braking Discount – Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Defensive Driver – Taking a course teaching defensive driving skills could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Payment Method – If you pay your bill all at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Accident-free drivers may receive a discount up to 45% compared to accident prone drivers.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new 500 may earn a small discount compared to insuring an older model.
Remember that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Popular auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide can be found below.
- State Farm includes discounts for safe vehicle, accident-free, multiple autos, driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, and passive restraint.
- Nationwide may include discounts for anti-theft, business or organization, good student, accident-free, and easy pay.
- GEICO may offer discounts for anti-lock brakes, federal employee, emergency military deployment, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, driver training, and military active duty.
- AAA has discounts for good student, pay-in-full, anti-theft, education and occupation, multi-car, and AAA membership discount.
- 21st Century has savings for air bags, homeowners, student driver, anti-lock brakes, automatic seat belts, teen driver, and 55 and older.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including air bag, driver training, anti-theft, good student, and defensive driver.
If you are trying to find the cheapest Fiat 500 rate quotes, ask every prospective company the best way to save money. Some credits might not be offered on policies in Fort Worth. If you would like to view companies with discount rates in Texas, click this link.
When to have guidance from a local insurance agent
Certain consumers would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance rates and still have a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, the coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. You can find better rates and an insurance agent to talk to. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good insurer requires more thought than just the premium amount. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
When finding a reliable insurance agency, you should know the different types of agencies that you can select. Agents in Fort Worth are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only write with one company like State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers sometimes use the same exclusive agent primarily because of loyalty to the company and strong financial ratings.
The following are exclusive insurance agencies in Fort Worth that are able to give price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Nicki Knowlton
5318 Birchman Ave – Fort Worth, TX 76107 – (817) 737-7555 – View Map
- Earl Wood – State Farm Insurance Agent
2900 S Hulen St #50 – Fort Worth, TX 76109 – (817) 922-9300 – View Map
- Laura Geninatti – State Farm Insurance Agent
7510 Davis Blvd Ste A – Fort Worth, TX 76182 – (817) 281-1191 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type do not write with just one company so they have the ability to put coverage through many different car insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move the coverage in-house which requires no work on your part.
When comparison shopping, you need to get rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most can insure with smaller companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Fort Worth that are able to give price quote information.
- Hall Insurance Agency, Inc.
3559 Williams Rd Suite 110 – Fort Worth, TX 76116 – (817) 370-0125 – View Map
- Kilpatrick Insurance Agency
2410 Montgomery St – Fort Worth, TX 76107 – (817) 731-8771 – View Map
- Bradley Insurance
1415 Summit Ave – Fort Worth, TX 76102 – (817) 332-4064 – View Map
After receiving satisfactory answers to any questions you may have as well as offering an affordable quote, you may have just found an insurance agency that is professional and can properly insure your vehicles. Just understand that once you purchase a policy you can terminate your policy whenever you choose to so don’t think that you’re stuck with a specific company for the entire policy term.
What is the best car insurance coverage?
Always remember that when buying a policy, there really isn’t a perfect coverage plan. Your financial needs are unique so your insurance should reflect that
For example, these questions might point out whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Fiat 500?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Informed Decisions Result in Lower Insurance Prices
Many things are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, but other criteria are not as apparent such as your credit history or your commute time.
Shown below are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by your company to calculate your prices.
Don’t let your coverage lapse – Driving without insurance coverage in place is illegal and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your insurance lapse. And not only will insurance be more expensive, getting caught without coverage could result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You may have to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Texas motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Rural areas have lower costs – Living in less populated areas of the country may provide you with better prices when trying to find low car insurance rates. Drivers in populated areas tend to have more auto accidents and more time behind the wheel. Less people living in that area means less chance of accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
If you don’t need it don’t buy it – There are quite a few extra add-on coverages that can waste your money when buying insurance. Coverages for vanishing deductibles, high-cost glass coverage, and additional equipment coverage may be wasting your money. They may seem like a good idea when talking to your agent, but if you’ve never needed them in the past consider taking them off your policy.
Pay more of a claim out-of-pocket – The deductibles define how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. Physical damage coverage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, insures against damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered are a windshield broken by a bird, fire damage, and damage caused by road hazards. The more damage repair cost you’re willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Combine policies and save – Some companies allow discounts to clients that buy multiple policies. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to ten percent or more. Even with this discount, it’s in your best interest to compare Fiat 500 rates in Fort Worth to help ensure you have the lowest rates. Drivers may still find lower rates by buying insurance from a different company.
Alarm systems systems cut insurance rates – Owning a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft features like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all aid in stopping vehicle theft.
Stay claim-free and save – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Companies in Texas award the lowest premiums to people who file claims infrequently. Your insurance policy is designed for more catastrophic claims.
Safeguard your assets with liability – The liability coverage on your policy is the protection when you are determined to be liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. This coverage provides for a legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to other policy coverages, so do not cut corners here.
Fiat 500 insurance loss statistics – Insurers take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle to calculate a price that will offset any claims. Models that tend to have higher frequency or amount of claims will have a higher premium rate.
The data below shows the loss history for Fiat 500 vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles as a whole is a value of 100. Values under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
|Specific Fiat Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Fiat 500 Convertible||76||79||60||85|
|Fiat 500 Electric||73||59||76||60|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Best reasons to buy insurance in Texas
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Fiat in Fort Worth, insuring your vehicle is required by state law in Texas and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Fiat for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects your car and your assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, especially with large liability claims. An average driver in America is wasting up to $855 a year so it’s recommended you shop around every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Cheap auto insurance premiums are possible
As you quote Fort Worth car insurance, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. There are many occasions where an insured cut collision coverage to discover at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not skimp to save money.
We just covered a lot of techniques to reduce Fiat 500 insurance prices online in Fort Worth. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting low cost Fort Worth car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a small mutual company. They may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
For more information, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Felons in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)