The most effective way to find affordable quotes for car insurance rates in Fort Worth is to compare quotes annually from companies who provide auto insurance in Texas.
- Try to learn about what is in your policy and the modifications you can make to prevent rate increases. Many factors that cause rate increases like speeding tickets, accidents and your credit history can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Read the full article for the details to help prevent costly coverage and find overlooked discounts.
- Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Give notification to your agent or company of your decision to cancel your existing policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for the new coverage. Once received, keep your new proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle.
One piece of advice is to use identical coverages on every quote and and to look at all possible companies. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and maximum price selection.
We don’t have to point out that fact that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Consumers who shop around for cheaper rates are very likely to switch to a new company because there are good odds of finding lower rate quotes. A recent car insurance study revealed that consumers who regularly compared rates saved over $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the cheapest price on Dodge Journey insurance in Fort Worth is the reason for your visit, learning how to find companies and compare insurance rates can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
The companies shown below provide quotes in Texas. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Rate information and statistics
The data table displayed below outlines different rate quotes for Dodge Journey models. Learning as much as possible about how insurance prices are formulated is important for making decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Journey SE 2WD||$288||$468||$462||$28||$138||$1,384||$115|
|Journey SXT 2WD||$288||$570||$462||$28||$138||$1,486||$124|
|Journey R/T 2WD||$326||$570||$462||$28||$138||$1,524||$127|
|Journey SXT Crew 2WD||$326||$570||$462||$28||$138||$1,524||$127|
|Journey SXT AWD||$326||$570||$462||$28||$138||$1,524||$127|
|Journey R/T AWD||$326||$672||$462||$28||$138||$1,626||$136|
|Journey SXT Crew AWD||$326||$672||$462||$28||$138||$1,626||$136|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and claim-free. Table data does not factor in vehicle location which can lower or raise auto insurance rates noticeably.
Insurance is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Dodge has a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Dodge at a much higher rate and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially with large liability claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying more than $869 every year so shop around at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Lower rate quotes on Dodge Journey insurance in Fort Worth with these six auto insurance discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts that you may not even know about. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time you complete a quote, but a few need to be manually applied prior to receiving the credit.
- Renewal Discounts – A few companies give discounts for signing up prior to the expiration date on your current Journey insurance policy. You may see this discount when you get Fort Worth car insurance quotes online.
- Bundle and Save – If you combine your home and auto policies and place coverage with the same company you could save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- ABS Braking Discount – Vehicles with ABS braking systems or traction control have fewer accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Claim Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay less in comparison with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Membership in Organizations – Affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations could trigger savings on your next auto insurance statement.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
Please keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way.
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Journey insurance costs with and without policy discounts. The data assumes a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Texas state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, marriage, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-car discounts applied.
Some of the insurance companies who might offer these benefits may include but are not limited to:
It’s a good idea to ask all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. All car insurance discounts might not be offered on policies in your area. To locate companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Fort Worth, click here.
What is the best insurance coverage?
When buying adequate coverage, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Your financial needs are unique.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
When to get advice from an insurance agency
Certain consumers just prefer to talk to a local agent and that is OK! Agents are very good at helping people manage risk and will help you if you have claims. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you can get lower rates and also buy local.
After filling out this simple form, the quote information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Fort Worth that can give you free Fort Worth car insurance quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. If you want to quote rates from one company in particular, you would need to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Picking an company should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
The following are agents in Fort Worth that are able to give price quote information for Dodge Journey insurance in Fort Worth.
- Bradley Insurance
1415 Summit Ave – Fort Worth, TX 76102 – (817) 332-4064 – View Map
- Larry Martin – State Farm Insurance Agent
7833 Summer Creek Dr – Fort Worth, TX 76123 – (817) 292-6214 – View Map
- Peter Polinsky Insurance Agency
8751 Camp Bowie W Blvd #124 – Fort Worth, TX 76116 – (817) 560-9400 – View Map
- Alberta Blocker Insurance Agency
3304 Swan St – Fort Worth, TX 76117 – (817) 335-3400 – View Map
If you receive answers to your satisfaction to any questions you have as well as a affordable price, it’s possible that you found an insurer that can be trusted to adequately provide car insurance.
Car insurance coverages for a Dodge Journey
Having a good grasp of a auto insurance policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Coverage for medical payments
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for bills for ambulance fees, surgery, X-ray expenses, prosthetic devices and pain medications. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover you and your occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Dodge Journey.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law (Texas limits are 30/60/25), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
This coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like vandalism, hitting a deer and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The most your auto insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, sideswiping another vehicle, crashing into a ditch and rolling your car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to increase the deductible on your Journey to bring the cost down.
Liability insurance protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people by causing an accident. It protects you from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see policy limits of 30/60/25 which stand for a $30,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $60,000 in injury protection per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as repair bills for other people’s vehicles, repair costs for stationary objects, medical expenses, structural damage and legal defense fees. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but consider buying as large an amount as possible. Texas requires drivers to carry at least 30/60/25 but it’s recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
The chart below shows why minimum state limits may not be enough.
Cheaper auto insurance is out there
Affordable Dodge Journey insurance in Fort Worth can be found on the web and from local insurance agents, so you need to shop Fort Worth car insurance with both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who do not provide online price quotes and these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of ways to compare Dodge Journey insurance premium rates in Fort Worth. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the lowest premium rates come from a small mutual company.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
Additional learning opportunities
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Fort Worth Auto Insurance Quotes for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Good Students in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Male in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Single Moms in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Inexperienced Drivers in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)