Would you prefer to buy more competitive insurance rates in Fort Worth, TX? Fort Worth drivers have options when trying to find the best price on Ford Freestyle insurance. You can either waste hours calling around getting price quotes or leverage the internet to compare rates. There are more efficient ways to find insurance online and you need to know the proper way to compare rates on a Ford and get the cheapest rates from both online companies and Fort Worth agents.
Companies offering Ford Freestyle insurance in Fort Worth
The following companies can provide price quotes in Fort Worth, TX. If multiple companies are shown, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Fort Worth insurance discounts
Auto insurance companies do not advertise their entire list of discounts very well, so we took the time to find some of the more common as well as the least known credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or former government employment may reduce rates when you quote Fort Worth auto insurance with some insurance companies.
- Responsible Driver Discounts – Accident-free drivers may save up to 50% more than drivers with accidents.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy and insure them both with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Student in College – Kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and leave their car at home may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying a policy with primary and secondary vehicles on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Teen drivers should enroll and complete driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Select insurance carriers reward you with a discounted insurance rate on car insurance if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Switch and Save Discount – Select larger companies give a discount for buying a new policy prior to your current Freestyle insurance policy expiration. You can save around 10% with this discount.
As is typical with insurance, most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
To view insurers that offer some of these discounts in Fort Worth, click this link.
How Car Insurance Companies Determine Ford Freestyle Insurance Rates
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of the rating factors that help calculate car insurance rates. If you understand what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with big savings. Lots of things are used when premium rates are determined. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, but some are more obscure such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are.
The factors shown below are most of the major factors used by companies to determine premiums.
- High credit rating translates to low prices – An insured’s credit score can be a huge factor in your rate calculation. Therefore, if your credit score is low, you could pay less to insure your Ford Freestyle by improving your credit score. Consumers who have high credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with lower ratings.
- Frequent claims will cost you more – Companies in Texas provide lower rates to people who file claims infrequently. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance coverage is designed for larger claims.
- Stress out and pay more – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Occupational choices like fire fighters, air traffic controllers, and dentists have higher premium rates in part from intense work-related stress and extremely grueling work hours. Conversely, jobs like farmers, historians and performers receive lower rates.
- Prices for men may be higher – Over time, data shows that females take fewer risks when driving. It does not mean men are worse drivers. Men and women have fender benders at a similar rate, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. They also get more serious tickets such as reckless driving.
- Where you call home – Living in areas with lower population can be a good thing when buying car insurance. City drivers regularly have more auto accidents and a longer drive to work. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accidents.
Insurance agencies can give valuable advice
Many people prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. Agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you can get cheap rate quotes and also buy local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, the coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered immediately to you. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you can always find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right insurance company should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Texas?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- How long have they been in business?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Fort Worth?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
When narrowing the list to find a reliable insurance agent, there are a couple of types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Auto insurance agencies can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but it’s a good idea to understand the differences since it may influence which agent you choose.
These agents can only provide one company’s prices like Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They generally cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are trained well in insurance sales which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some consumers prefer to buy insurance from these agents partially due to the brand name rather than low rates.
The following are exclusive agents in Fort Worth willing to provide price quotes.
- Bob McCright – State Farm Insurance Agent
6231 Oakmont Blvd – Fort Worth, TX 76132 – (817) 294-9858 – View Map
- Laura Geninatti – State Farm Insurance Agent
7510 Davis Blvd Ste A – Fort Worth, TX 76182 – (817) 281-1191 – View Map
- Larry Martin – State Farm Insurance Agent
7833 Summer Creek Dr – Fort Worth, TX 76123 – (817) 292-6214 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies do not write with just one company so they have the ability to put coverage with multiple insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If prices rise, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent. When comparing auto insurance prices, we highly recommend that you get several quotes from several independent agencies to have the best price comparison. Most can insure with companies that do not advertise much which may provide better rates.
Shown below are Fort Worth independent insurance agents who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Flores and Associates Insurance Agency
1419 W Berry St – Fort Worth, TX 76110 – (817) 926-1238 – View Map
- Northside Insurance Agency
1237 Lincoln Ave – Fort Worth, TX 76164 – (817) 626-3100 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance – Curtis Logan Agency
4500 Mercantile Plaza Dr #300 – Fort Worth, TX 76137 – (214) 302-7148 – View Map
Lower rates by being persistent
While you’re price shopping online, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that it was a big mistake. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
Cheaper auto insurance in Fort Worth can be found both online and also from your neighborhood Fort Worth agents, so you need to shop Fort Worth auto insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some auto insurance companies don’t offer rates over the internet and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent insurance agencies.
Insureds leave their current company for a number of reasons such as unfair underwriting practices, being labeled a high risk driver, extreme rates for teen drivers or not issuing a premium refund. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
Steps to quoting cheaper Ford Freestyle insurance in Fort Worth
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find cheaper quotes for car insurance rates is to compare quotes once a year from insurers in Fort Worth.
- Take a few minutes and learn about how companies set rates and the modifications you can make to lower rates. Many risk factors that result in higher prices like multiple speeding tickets and a negative credit history can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from many different companies. View companies
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
The most important part of shopping around is that you use similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to get prices from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Fort Worth Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Company Car in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Fort Worth, Texas? (FAQ)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)