Ford Focus insurance rates image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to save money on Ford Focus insurance in Fort Worth is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from providers that insure vehicles in Texas. You can compare prices by following these steps.
- Learn about coverages and the measures you can take to prevent rate increases. Many factors that result in higher rates like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a bad credit score can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices from many different companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing rates to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Tell your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current policy. Submit payment and a signed application to your new company or agent. Once the application is submitted, keep your new proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to compare similar coverage information on every quote request and and to get price quotes from all possible companies. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
It's easy to assume that insurance companies don't want their customers to go rate shopping. Insureds who perform rate comparisons will, in all likelihood, switch to a new company because there is a high probability of finding a policy with better rates. A recent survey discovered that people who regularly compared rates saved an average of $70 a month compared to other drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the lowest price on Ford Focus insurance in Fort Worth is the reason you're here, then having some knowledge of the best ways to find and compare insurance rates can save time and make the process easier.
Choosing the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Fort Worth is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. Practically every car owner who is required by state law to have auto insurance stands a good chance to get a lower-priced policy. But Texas consumers can benefit from knowing how the larger insurance companies compete online and apply this information to your search.
Most companies allow you to get coverage price quotes online. Getting Ford Focus insurance prices online doesn't take a lot of time as you just type in the coverages you want on the page. After you complete the form, the system automatically retrieves your driving record and credit report and gives you a price quote based on the information you submitted. This makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it's necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you want to get a better rate.
In order to get comparison pricing now, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend that you enter your coverages as shown on your current policy. This ensures you will receive a price comparison for exact coverage.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Fort Worth, TX. If multiple companies are shown, it's a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Get cheaper rates by taking advantage of these ten discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but companies offer discounts that many people don't even know exist. Many discounts should be triggered when you purchase, but a few must be specially asked for before you get the savings.
- Drive Safe and Save - Safe drivers can save as much as half off their rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- College Student - Children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Government Employee Discount - Being employed by or retired from a federal job could qualify for a slight premium decrease with a few car insurance companies.
- Fort Worth Homeowners Pay Less - Being a homeowner can save a few bucks because maintaining a house is proof of financial responsibility.
- Early Switch Discount - Select insurance companies give a discount for switching to them prior to the expiration date on your current Focus insurance policy. It's a savings of about 10%.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings up to 30%.
- Memberships - Joining qualifying clubs or civic groups could qualify you for a break when getting a Fort Worth auto insurance quote.
- No Claims - Drivers who don't have accidents can save substantially in comparison to policyholders that have many claims.
- Sign Online - A handful of car insurance companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy over the internet.
- Driver's Education for Students - Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll and complete driver's education in school.
We need to note that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, it's just not the way it works.
The illustration below compares Ford Focus insurance premiums with and without policy discounts. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, no violations or claims, Texas state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, marriage, multi-policy, and multi-car discounts applied.
Some of the insurance companies that possibly offer some of the discounts shown above include:
If you need inexpensive Fort Worth auto insurance quotes, ask every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts may not apply in every state. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Fort Worth, click this link.
Detailed insurance information
The price information shown below showcases detailed analysis of insurance premium costs for Ford Focus models. Being more informed about how insurance quotes are established is important for you to make smart choices when purchasing an insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$200||$452||$496||$30||$148||$1,326||$111|
|Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$200||$452||$496||$30||$148||$1,326||$111|
|Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$200||$532||$496||$30||$148||$1,406||$117|
|Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$200||$532||$496||$30||$148||$1,406||$117|
|Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$230||$532||$560||$34||$168||$1,524||$127|
|Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$230||$532||$560||$34||$168||$1,524||$127|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and claim-free. Prices do not factor in your specific Fort Worth location which can revise premiums considerably.
Cautious Fort Worth drivers save money
The diagram below shows how violations and at-fault accidents can affect Ford Focus insurance prices for different age groups. Data assumes a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Local Fort Worth insurance agents and auto insurance
Some people just want to visit with an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. One of the best bonuses of comparing auto insurance online is that you can find cheap auto insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
By using this quick form, the coverage information is sent to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes to get your business. There is no need to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent directly to you. It's the lowest rates without requiring a lot of work. If you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, feel free to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Deciding on an provider shouldn't rely on just a cheap price. Any agent in Fort Worth should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
If you would like to find a reputable agency, it's helpful to know the different agency structures and how they are slightly different. Agencies in Fort Worth can be classified as either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only write with one company such as Farmers Insurance and State Farm. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in Fort Worth who can help you get price quotes.
Agents that choose to be independent often have many company appointments so they can quote policies with a variety of different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, your policy is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent.
When shopping rates, we recommend you get quotes from a few independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Below is a list of independent agencies in Fort Worth that are able to give price quotes.
Auto insurance coverages 101
Having a good grasp of a auto insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. These are typical coverages offered by auto insurance companies.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This gives you protection from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle's damage.
Since many Texas drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (which is 30/60/25), it doesn't take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Auto liability insurance
This provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property. Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see limits of 30/60/25 which stand for a $30,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against things like legal defense fees, court costs, structural damage, loss of income and pain and suffering. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but consider buying higher limits if possible. Texas state minimum liability requirements are 30/60/25 but you should consider buying better liability coverage.
The chart below shows why low liability limits may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for expenses for nursing services, dental work and chiropractic care. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
This coverage covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as damage from flooding, damage from a tornado or hurricane, hail damage and damage from getting keyed. The most a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if it's not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Collision coverage covers damage to your Focus resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as colliding with a tree, hitting a mailbox and sideswiping another vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to bump up the deductible on your Focus to save money on collision insurance.
In the end, you can save money
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of techniques to compare Ford Focus insurance prices in Fort Worth. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even discover the lowest prices are with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising. Some small companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
Affordable Ford Focus insurance in Fort Worth can be sourced from both online companies in addition to many Fort Worth insurance agents, so get free Fort Worth auto insurance quotes from both of them to get a complete price analysis. A few companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
As you restructure your insurance plan, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced full coverage only to regret at claim time they didn't purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost.
Helpful learning opportunities
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 25 in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Company Car in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Fort Worth Auto Insurance for High School Students? (FAQ)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)