The most effective way to find cheaper car insurance rates is to start comparing prices yearly from insurers in Fort Worth.
- Step 1: Try to learn a little about car insurance and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that increase rates like getting speeding tickets and a not-so-good credit score can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Later in this article we will cover additional tips to prevent expensive rate increases and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Step 2: Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
A good tip to remember is that you'll want to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to look at as many different insurance providers as possible. This provides a fair price comparison and maximum price selection.
Inconceivable but true, nearly 70% of consumers have bought insurance from the same company for more than four years, and about 40% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find cheap rates. Most drivers in Texas could save approximately 70% every year just by shopping around, but they just assume it's a time-consuming process to do a rate comparison.
If you have a current auto insurance policy, you will be able to reduce premiums using these methods. Our goal in writing this article help you learn the best way to quote coverages and also pocket some savings But Texas drivers need to have an understanding of how the larger insurance companies sell insurance online.
When shopping for cheaper Fort Worth auto insurance quotes, there are a couple of ways to compare prices from all the different companies. The easiest way by far to comparison shop consists of shopping online. When price shopping your coverage, getting more free quotes provides better odds of finding a lower rate than you're paying now.
The companies in the list below provide comparison quotes in Fort Worth, TX. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Best reasons to buy car insurance in Texas
Even though it can be expensive, paying for car insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
First, just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your F-150, most lenders will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Ford at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay the higher price.
Third, car insurance preserves your car and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you have damage to your Ford as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having car insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially if you ever need it. But the average American driver is wasting up to $869 every year so we recommend shopping around at least once a year to save money.
Ford F-150 insurance analysis
The table below showcases detailed analysis of insurance coverage prices for Ford F-150 models. Having a better understanding of how car insurance premiums are calculated helps drivers make smart choices when selecting a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 2WD||$124||$170||$366||$22||$110||$792||$66|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 2WD||$124||$218||$366||$22||$110||$840||$70|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 2WD||$124||$218||$366||$22||$110||$840||$70|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 2WD||$124||$218||$366||$22||$110||$840||$70|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 2WD||$124||$218||$366||$22||$110||$840||$70|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$142||$218||$366||$22||$110||$858||$72|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$142||$218||$366||$22||$110||$858||$72|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 4WD||$142||$218||$366||$22||$110||$858||$72|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 4WD||$142||$218||$366||$22||$110||$858||$72|
|F-150 FX2 Super Cab 2WD||$142||$218||$366||$22||$110||$858||$72|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$142||$218||$366||$22||$110||$858||$72|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$142||$218||$366||$22||$110||$858||$72|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 4WD||$142||$218||$366||$22||$110||$858||$72|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$160||$218||$366||$22||$110||$876||$73|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 4WD||$160||$218||$366||$22||$110||$876||$73|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$160||$218||$366||$22||$110||$876||$73|
|F-150 FX2 2WD||$160||$266||$366||$22||$110||$924||$77|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 2WD||$160||$266||$366||$22||$110||$924||$77|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 2WD||$160||$266||$366||$22||$110||$924||$77|
|F-150 FX4 Super Cab 4WD||$160||$266||$366||$22||$110||$924||$77|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$160||$266||$366||$22||$110||$924||$77|
|F-150 FX4 4WD||$160||$266||$366||$22||$110||$924||$77|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$160||$266||$366||$22||$110||$924||$77|
|F-150 SVT Raptor Super Cab 4WD||$160||$266||$366||$22||$110||$924||$77|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$160||$266||$366||$22||$110||$924||$77|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 2WD||$160||$312||$366||$22||$110||$970||$81|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 2WD||$160||$312||$366||$22||$110||$970||$81|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 2WD||$160||$312||$366||$22||$110||$970||$81|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 4WD||$178||$312||$366||$22||$110||$988||$82|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 4WD||$178||$312||$366||$22||$110||$988||$82|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 4WD||$178||$312||$366||$22||$110||$988||$82|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Rate quotes do not factor in specific Fort Worth garaging location which can affect prices greatly.
The diagram below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can impact Ford F-150 insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The premiums assume a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Comparison of full coverage and liability-only policies
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Ford F-150 auto insurance rates with full coverage compared to only the Texas minimum liability coverage. The rates are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There isn't a steadfast formula of when to stop paying for comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let's assume your Ford F-150 book value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company will settle for is $6,000 after paying your deductible. If it's costing you more than $600 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are a few situations where eliminating full coverage is not in your best interest. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
Discounts can help lower rates on Ford F-150 insurance in Fort Worth
Car insurance is expensive, but there may be some discounts that may help make it more affordable. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time you complete a quote, but less common discounts must be asked about prior to getting the savings.
- Club Memberships - Joining a civic or occupational organization in Fort Worth can get you a small discount on car insurance.
- Military Discounts - Being on active deployment in the military could be rewarded with lower prices.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Multiple Policy Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you will save up to 20% off your total F-150 insurance premium.
- Waiver for an Accident - Not necessarily a discount, but some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you haven't had any claims for a specific time period.
As is typical with insurance, most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, companies don't profit that way.
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Ford F-150 car insurance rates with and without policy discounts. The data assumes a female driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, claim-free, marriage, multi-policy, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A list of car insurance companies and their possible discounts are outlined below.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online signing, online quote discount, homeowner, multi-policy, and good student.
- AAA offers premium reductions for pay-in-full, education and occupation, multi-car, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for good student, homeowner, early shopping, electronic funds transfer, teen driver, and multi-car.
- GEICO may offer discounts for defensive driver, anti-theft, driver training, multi-vehicle, daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, and emergency military deployment.
- Esurance may have discounts that include good driver, Pac-12 alumni, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, paid-in-full, defensive driver, and Switch & Save.
- SAFECO may include discounts for bundle discounts, teen safe driver, teen safety rewards, anti-lock brakes, safe driver, and drive less.
- State Farm has savings for passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, and safe vehicle.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company or agent which discounts can lower your rates. Some credits might not be offered on policies in Fort Worth. If you would like to see a list of providers with significant discounts in Fort Worth, click here.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local Fort Worth insurance agent
Many people still like to have an agent's advice and that is a personal choice. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you can get cheap insurance rates and also buy local.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is sent to participating agents in Fort Worth who will gladly provide quotes for your business. There is no reason to find an agent because prices are sent immediately to your email address. You can find the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a particular provider, don't hesitate to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Picking an insurer requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- When do they do policy reviews?
If you prefer to buy insurance from a reliable insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they are distinctly different. Agencies in Fort Worth can be classified as either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide one company's prices like AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. They usually cannot compare other company's rates so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Drivers often buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the brand and solid financial strength.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in Fort Worth that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Frank Sargent
6901 McCart Ave Ste 100 - Fort Worth, TX 76133 - (817) 370-1895 - View Map
- Tom Price - State Farm Insurance Agent
6015 Harris Pkwy #100 - Fort Worth, TX 76132 - (817) 731-8855 - View Map
- State Farm Insurance - Esmeralda Gutierrez
2219 W Berry St - Fort Worth, TX 76110 - (817) 923-2886 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent are not limited to a single company so they can write business through many companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If premiums increase, the business is moved internally and you won't have to switch agencies.
When comparing insurance rates, it's recommended you get quotes from several independent insurance agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Many write coverage with mutual insurance companies who may have lower rates.
Below are independent agencies in Fort Worth that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Main Street Independent Insurance- Tim Linzy, Agent
6300 Ridglea Pl #1115 - Fort Worth, TX 76116 - (817) 380-5597 - View Map
- Woods Insurance Agency
2740 Western Center Blvd #504 - Fort Worth, TX 76131 - (817) 232-1580 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Darla Duncan Insurance Agency
5801 Curzon Ave #137 - Fort Worth, TX 76107 - (817) 731-0991 - View Map
Find cheaper rates by being thorough
Consumers who switch companies do it for many reasons like extreme rates for teen drivers, poor customer service, unfair underwriting practices and even not issuing a premium refund. Whatever your reason, switching car insurance companies can be pretty painless.
A few companies may not have price quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies only sell coverage through local independent agencies. Budget-friendly car insurance in Fort Worth can be sourced both online and with local Fort Worth insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
In this article, we presented a lot of techniques to reduce Ford F-150 insurance rates online in Fort Worth. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better chance you'll have of finding inexpensive Fort Worth auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates come from a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising.
More tips and info about car insurance can be found by following these links:
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Who Has the Cheapest Fort Worth Auto Insurance for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Uninsured Drivers in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)