It's a known fact that auto insurance companies don't want you quoting rates from other companies. Consumers who shop around for a cheaper policy will presumably buy a different policy because the odds are good of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A study showed that drivers who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved an average of $850 each year as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the cheapest price on auto insurance in Fort Worth is your objective, knowing the best way to compare auto insurance can make it easier to find better rates.
To save the most money, the best way to find affordable quotes for Ford Expedition insurance is to compare quotes annually from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Fort Worth. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- Spend some time learning about individual coverages and the modifications you can make to prevent high rates. Many factors that cause high rates like traffic tickets, fender benders, and poor credit history can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Read the full article for the details to prevent rate hikes and get additional discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
A key point to remember is to try to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get rate quotes from every company you can. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Most companies make it easy to get coverage price quotes from their websites. Getting Ford Expedition insurance prices online is quite simple as you simply enter your required coverages into the form. Once entered, the system sends out for information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price quote based on these and other factors. Quoting online for Ford Expedition insurance in Fort Worth simplifies rate comparisons, and it's necessary to perform this step if you want to get the lowest car insurance rates.
To find out how much you can save on car insurance, take a look at the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you input the coverage information exactly as they are listed on your policy. This makes sure you are getting rate quotes using the exact same coverages.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Fort Worth, TX. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Rates and data analysis
The information shown next covers different insurance premium costs for Ford Expedition models. Learning how insurance policy rates are formulated can help guide drivers when making informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Expedition SSV 2WD||$156||$264||$366||$22||$110||$918||$77|
|Expedition XLT 2WD||$176||$322||$366||$22||$110||$996||$83|
|Expedition SSV 4WD||$176||$322||$366||$22||$110||$996||$83|
|Expedition XLT 4WD||$176||$322||$366||$22||$110||$996||$83|
|Expedition Eddie Bauer 2WD||$176||$378||$366||$22||$110||$1,052||$88|
|Expedition Limited 2WD||$176||$378||$366||$22||$110||$1,052||$88|
|Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD||$176||$378||$366||$22||$110||$1,052||$88|
|Expedition King Ranch 4WD||$196||$378||$366||$22||$110||$1,072||$89|
|Expedition King Ranch 2WD||$196||$378||$366||$22||$110||$1,072||$89|
|Expedition Limited 4WD||$196||$378||$366||$22||$110||$1,072||$89|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Price information does not factor in garaging location in Fort Worth which can influence premiums considerably.
Protect your vehicle and other assets
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Fort Worth, insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability if you want to drive legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Expedition, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Ford at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Fort Worth is overpaying over $700 annually so it's important to compare rates at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Five Things That Influence Your Insurance Premiums
Lots of things are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are more obscure such as your credit history or how financially stable you are. Smart consumers have a good feel for a few of the rating criteria that are used to determine the rates you pay for insurance. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
The itemized list below are most of the major factors used by insurance companies to determine your prices.
Responsible drivers pay the best costs - Having a clean driving record impacts premiums far more than you think. Good drivers have lower premiums as compared to those with violations. Just one moving violation can increase rates forty percent or more. People who have serious violations like reckless driving or DUI may need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to legally drive a vehicle.
The chart below illustrates how traffic citations and accident claims can impact Ford Expedition car insurance costs for different insured age categories. The rates are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
- Is your vehicle theft-ready? - Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can save you some money. Theft prevention features like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM's OnStar system all help prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
Are women or men drivers cheaper? - Statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, don't assume that women are BETTER drivers than men. Men and women are responsible for auto accidents in similar numbers, but males tend to have more serious accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also get more serious tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
The chart below shows the difference between Ford Expedition premium costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes no violations or claims, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
- No insurance policy gaps is important - Going without insurance is a guaranteed way to drive up your policy premiums. Not only will rates go up, not being able to provide proof of insurance may result in a steep fine or even jail time. You could then be forced to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Texas DMV.
- Bundle home and auto and save - Most insurance companies give lower prices to people who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even though this discount sounds good, drivers will still want to compare Ford Expedition rates in Fort Worth to help ensure you have the lowest rates.There is a good possibility that you can save more without the discount by insuring with multiple companies.
Insurance loss statistics a Ford Expedition - Insurers factor in insurance loss information to help calculate a profitable premium price. Vehicles that are shown to have higher claim amounts or frequency will have higher rates.
The next table illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Ford Expedition vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles compiled together equals 100. Percentage numbers below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while percentage values above 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Ford Expedition Insurance Claim Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford Expedition 4dr 2WD 67 88 82 55 45 70 Ford Expedition 4dr 4WD 70 98 90 54 62 56 Ford Expedition EL 4dr 2WD 74 104 97 52 Ford Expedition EL 4dr 4WD 88 96 110 63 60 96BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Save money with these discounts on Ford Expedition insurance in Fort Worth
Insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you may find discounts that can help lower your rates. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you complete an application, but some need to be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit. If you're not getting every credit available, you could be getting lower rates.
- Policy Bundle Discount - When you combine your auto and home insurance with the same company they may give you a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find affordable Ford Expedition insurance rates in Fort Worth.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Insuring a vehicle that is new is cheaper because newer models are generally safer.
- No Claims - Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can save substantially as compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Factory options such as air bags may qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- Seat Belt Usage - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- One Accident Forgiven - This one isn't a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
Please keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Ford Expedition premium costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The premiums assume a female driver, no violations or claims, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, marriage, multi-car, and homeowner discounts applied.
To see a list of insurers offering insurance discounts in Fort Worth, click this link.
Compare rates but work with a local neighborhood Fort Worth car insurance agent
Many people just want to visit with an insurance agent and we recommend doing that Licensed agents can point out coverage gaps and help submit paperwork. The best thing about comparing auto insurance online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent. Putting coverage with small agencies is still important in Fort Worth.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your information is transmitted to companies in Fort Worth who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. You never need to contact any agents as quotes are delivered directly to you. If you wish to compare prices from a specific auto insurance provider, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
The following is a short list of auto insurance companies in Fort Worth that can give you comparison quotes for Ford Expedition insurance in Fort Worth.
Deciding on an provider shouldn't rely on just the quoted price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- How long has the business existed?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
Don't give up on affordable rates
We just showed you some good ideas how you can shop for Ford Expedition insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a small mutual company. They may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
More affordable auto insurance in Fort Worth can be bought from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. A few companies may not have online rate quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent agencies.
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Fort Worth Auto Insurance for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- What if I Can't Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)