Has it been a year or more since you last compared quotes for low-cost Mazda 3 insurance in Fort Worth? Trying to find better insurance prices for a new or used Mazda 3 in Texas can normally be an all-consuming task, but you can use our auto insurance buying tips to make it easier.
There is a better way to buy auto insurance and you need to know the proper way to get price quotes for your Mazda and locate the best price possible from Fort Worth insurance agents and online providers.
Unbelievable but true according to a study almost 70% of drivers in Texas kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for at least the last four years, and just short of a majority have never compared rate quotes at all. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,847, U.S. drivers can cut their rates by almost $860 a year, but they don’t believe the rate savings if they switched.
It’s a good habit to quote other rates before your policy renews due to the fact that insurance rates are variable and change quite frequently. If you had the best rate on Mazda 3 insurance in Fort Worth a few years ago other companies may now be cheaper. You’ll find a ton of advice on 3 insurance online but in just a couple of minutes you can learn some proven techniques to reduce your auto insurance bill.
The best way to compare insurance rates in your area is to know most insurance companies allow for online access to provide you with free rate quotes. All you need to do is give them some information such as the year, make and model of vehicles, marital status, how old drivers are, and if you lease or own. Your information is then submitted to insurance carriers in your area and you get price estimates instantly.
To start a rate quote now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Fort Worth.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Fort Worth, TX. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Why you need insurance for your Mazda 3
Despite the potentially high cost of Mazda 3 insurance, maintaining insurance is required for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Mazda with a loan, almost every bank will require that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Mazda at a more expensive rate and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your Mazda and your assets. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Mazda gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so smart consumers compare quotes at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Mazda 3 insurance charts and tables
The coverage table displayed next outlines detailed analysis of policy rates for Mazda 3 models. Having insight into how insurance prices are established can be of help when making smart policy decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|3 I Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$322||$682||$462||$28||$138||$1,632||$136|
|3 I SV 4-Dr Sedan||$322||$682||$462||$28||$138||$1,632||$136|
|3 I Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$322||$802||$462||$28||$138||$1,752||$146|
|3 S Sport 4-Dr Hatchback||$362||$802||$462||$28||$138||$1,792||$149|
|3 S Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$362||$802||$462||$28||$138||$1,792||$149|
|3 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Hatchback||$362||$802||$462||$28||$138||$1,792||$149|
|3 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$362||$802||$462||$28||$138||$1,792||$149|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Premium costs do not factor in specific location which can impact coverage rates greatly.
The chart below shows how choosing a deductible and can influence Mazda 3 premium costs for each age group. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Safe drivers pay cheaper rates
The example below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault claims drive up Mazda 3 insurance prices for each different age group. Data assumes a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Age, gender, and Mazda 3 insurance
The example below compares Mazda 3 car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no claims or driving citations, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Save money with these seven discounts
Insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but there’s a good chance there are discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Certain credits will be shown at the time you complete a quote, but once in a while a discount must be requested specifically before you get the savings.
- Membership in Organizations – Joining certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your bill.
- Military Discounts – Having a deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Driver’s Ed – Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course in school.
- Claim Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay much less when compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Defensive Driver – Taking time to complete a defensive driver class is a good idea and can lower rates if you qualify.
- Distant Student Discount – College-age children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Requiring all passengers to buckle up can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on medical payment and PIP coverage.
As a footnote on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride. Any qualifying discounts will definitely lower the premium cost.
The illustration below shows the comparison of Mazda 3 insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. Data assumes a female driver, no violations or accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, marriage, multi-car, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A list of insurance companies and their possible discounts are shown below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for student away at school, good student, driver’s education, anti-theft, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- GEICO may offer discounts for anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, seat belt use, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and anti-theft.
- SAFECO has savings for accident prevention training, drive less, homeowner, multi-car, safe driver, and teen safe driver.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include switch companies, distant student, early shopping, good student, electronic funds transfer, and bundle discounts.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including AAA membership discount, multi-policy, pay-in-full, multi-car, good driver, good student, and anti-theft.
- USAA may have discounts that include loyalty savings, multi-policy, defensive driver, new vehicle, good student, and annual mileage.
Check with every prospective company which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply in Fort Worth.