It's shocking but over 70% of consumers have remained with the same insurance company for over three years, and nearly the majority have never even compared rates from other companies. With the average insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers could save as much as 47% each year just by shopping around, but most tend to underestimate the amount of money they would save if they changed companies.
The preferred way to find affordable quotes for Ford Escape insurance is to regularly compare price quotes from companies in Fort Worth.
- First, try to learn about auto insurance and the things you can change to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like traffic violations and a negative credit rating can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details. This article gives more information to help find cheaper rates and find overlooked discounts.
- Second, request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple companies. Click to view companies
- Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper price is available in Fort Worth. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Fourth, notify your company or agent of your intent to cancel your existing policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application to the newly selected company. When you receive it, keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance with your registration paperwork.
A key point to remember is to try to use the same amount of coverage on every quote and to quote with as many carriers as you can. Doing this ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and maximum price selection.
Low Cost Ford insurance prices in Fort Worth
The companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Fort Worth, TX. If several companies are displayed, it's a good idea that you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Ford Escape coverage analysis
The coverage information shown below covers a range of insurance costs for Ford Escape models. Knowing how auto insurance prices are figured is important for you to make informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Escape XLS 2WD||$318||$598||$438||$26||$130||$1,510||$126|
|Escape XLS 4WD||$318||$598||$438||$26||$130||$1,510||$126|
|Escape XLT 2WD||$318||$598||$438||$26||$130||$1,510||$126|
|Escape Limited 2WD||$364||$598||$438||$26||$130||$1,556||$130|
|Escape XLT 4WD||$364||$598||$438||$26||$130||$1,556||$130|
|Escape Limited 4WD||$364||$728||$438||$26||$130||$1,686||$141|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free. Information does not factor in specific location information which can raise or lower coverage prices noticeably.
Premiums by gender and age
The illustration below shows the comparison of Ford Escape car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no violations or claims, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Ford Escape full coverage rates compared to liability only
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Ford Escape insurance premiums with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The prices are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There is no clear-cut formula to stop buying full coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of coverage is 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let's say your Ford Escape replacement cost is $8,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $7,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying more than $700 annually for full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not recommended. If you haven't paid off your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage in place.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Premiums
Lots of factors are used when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, but some are not quite as obvious like where you live or your commute time. It's important that you understand the rating factors that go into determining your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that may reward you with better auto insurance rates.
The list below includes some of the most common factors that factor into your prices.
Get a ticket, pay higher rates - Whether or not you get tickets influences premium rates substantially. Careful drivers pay less for auto insurance than their less careful counterparts. Having just one driving citation can increase the cost of insurance by twenty percent. Drivers who have gotten serious tickets like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence are required to submit a SR-22 form with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
The chart below shows how traffic citations and accident claims can affect Ford Escape car insurance costs for each different age category. Data assumes a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
- Discounts for alarm systems - Selecting a car model with an alarm system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention devices such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can help prevent your car from being stolen.
- Safer cars are cheaper to insure - Cars with five star safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Safer cars reduce injuries and fewer injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims passed on to you as lower rates.
- Don't skimp on liability coverage - The liability section of your policy is the coverage that protects you if ever you are determined to be liable for personal injury or accident damage. Liability provides for a legal defense which can cost a lot. It is affordable coverage when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Improve your credit history - Having a bad credit history will be a significant factor in determining what you pay. Consumers who have good credit tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with worse credit. If your credit score is low, you may save money insuring your Ford Escape if you clean up your credit.
- Your job may affect premiums - Jobs such as doctors, architects, and financial analysts are shown to have higher rates than the rest of us in part from intense work-related stress and long work days. Conversely, occupations such as farmers, students and retirees pay lower than average rates.
- Cheaper rates after marriage - Getting married may cut your premiums when shopping for auto insurance. Having a spouse translates into being more mature and responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Only buy what you need - There are a lot of additional extra coverages that can waste your money when buying auto insurance. Coverages like rental car reimbursement, better glass coverage, and motor club memberships may be costing you every month. They may seem like a good idea at first, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
Insurance losses for a Ford Escape - Companies include the past claim history for a vehicle to calculate a rate that will offset losses. Vehicles that are shown to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will be charged more to insure. The data below shows the insurance loss data for Ford Escape vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is equal to 100. Numbers below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values that are 100 or greater point to more losses or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Ford Escape Models Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford Escape 4dr 2WD 80 91 83 94 94 92 Ford Escape 4dr 4WD 81 84 94 85 90 77BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get cheap rates on Ford Escape insurance in Fort Worth with these discounts
Some providers don't always publicize all their discounts very well, so we researched both well-publicized and the more hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Paper-free Discount - Certain companies provide a small discount for buying your policy online.
- Homeowners Savings - Owning a house in Fort Worth can earn you a little savings because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- 55 and Retired - Drivers over the age of 55 could receive a slight reduction on a Fort Worth auto insurance quote.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - If the company offers life insurance, you could get better prices if you take out a life policy as well.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Cars that have air bags can qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Distant Student - Older children who live away from home to go to college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn't work that way.
The information below illustrates the comparison of Ford Escape auto insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. The rates are based on a female driver, no claims or driving citations, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, marriage, multi-car, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Companies and their offered discounts are shown below.
- State Farm offers discounts including multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, anti-theft, good driver, and accident-free.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including safety features, hybrid vehicle, newly married, preferred payment discount, new move discount, and good student.
- American Family may offer discounts for bundled insurance, multi-vehicle, air bags, TimeAway discount, and defensive driver.
- Progressive discounts include multi-policy, online quote discount, online signing, good student, and homeowner.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for distant student, early shopping, business and professional, homeowner, and youthful driver.
- Auto-Owners Insurance includes discounts for multi-policy, anti-theft, group or association, company car, teen driver, and air bags.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include drive less, safe driver, bundle discounts, anti-theft, teen safe driver, and homeowner.
Before buying, ask every company which credits you are entitled to. Some credits may not apply to policyholders in Fort Worth. To see insurers with the best discounts in Texas, follow this link.
When to contact an insurance agency
Many drivers prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is just fine! The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you can get cheap insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After filling out this short form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. It's the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, don't hesitate to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good insurance company is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Fort Worth?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Fort Worth?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Fort Worth?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive car insurance agents
When researching a reliable agent, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they operate. Insurance policy providers are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies have only one company to place business with and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They generally cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are well trained on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Below are Fort Worth exclusive insurance agencies that can give you price quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent can quote rates with many companies so they can insure your vehicles amongst many companies and find you cheaper rates. If prices rise, they simply switch companies in-house and you don't have to switch agencies.
If you need lower rates, you definitely need to contact multiple independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Fort Worth that can give you price quote information.
In this article, we presented a lot of ways to lower your Ford Escape insurance auto insurance rates in Fort Worth. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with an unexpected company. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
Cheaper Ford Escape insurance in Fort Worth is definitely available from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not provide online price quotes and usually these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
Even more information is available at these sites:
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Uninsured Drivers in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)