A recent insurance study discovered that nearly 70% of customers have stayed with the same insurance company for over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. U.S. consumers can save up to $859 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they underestimate the amount of savings they would get if they switched.
Truthfully, the best way to get more affordable Dodge Intrepid insurance in Fort Worth is to start comparing prices yearly from insurers who provide auto insurance in Texas. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
- Take a few minutes and learn about car insurance and the measures you can take to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a not-so-good credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing rates to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save money and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
A tip to remember is to try to use similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to look at as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
Companies offering Dodge Intrepid insurance in Texas
The following companies offer price comparisons in Texas. If more than one company is shown, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Lower-cost Fort Worth car insurance rates with discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but companies offer discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Certain credits will be shown at quote time, but a few need to be asked for before being credited.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some insurance companies provide a discount for switching policies before your current expiration date. You may see this discount when you get Fort Worth auto insurance quotes online.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Mature Driver Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 may qualify for better car insurance rates.
- Responsible Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents could pay up to 40% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Smart Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices help deter theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Full Payment Discount – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
Consumers should know that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Most cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride. But all discounts will definitely reduce your policy premium.
A list of companies and a selection of discounts are:
- State Farm has discounts for multiple policy, accident-free, good student, defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and passive restraint.
- GEICO has savings for good student, anti-theft, air bags, anti-lock brakes, membership and employees, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for new graduate, teen driver discount, multi-policy, multi-car, newly married, safety features, and new vehicle discount.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include anti-theft, driver training, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, air bag, and good student.
- MetLife offers discounts including claim-free, good driver, good student, accident-free, multi-policy, and defensive driver.
- Progressive may include discounts for continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, good student, online quote discount, and online signing.
It’s a good idea to ask every company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders in Fort Worth.
Fort Worth Insurance Rates are Influenced by These Factors
Many things are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving history, but other factors are less obvious like where you live or your vehicle rating. The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at some of the things that play a part in calculating the price you pay for insurance. If you know what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that may result in much lower annual insurance costs.
Insure car and home with the same company – Many insurers apply a discount to clients who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, drivers will still want to check prices from other companies to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
Less chance of injury means lower insurance rates – Vehicles that have high safety ratings get lower rates. Vehicles built for safety reduce occupant injuries and better occupant protection translates directly to fewer claims passed on to you as lower rates. If your Dodge Intrepid has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may be receiving a better rate.
Annual mileage impacts costs – The higher the miles on your Dodge each year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. The majority of insurers calculate rates based on their usage. Cars and trucks that do not get driven very much can be on a lower rate level compared to those used for work or business. An incorrectly rated Intrepid can result in significantly higher rates. It’s always a good idea to double check that your insurance policy shows annual mileage, because it can save money.
Having a spouse can lower rates – Getting married may earn you lower rates compared to being single. It translates into being less irresponsible and statistics prove married drivers get in fewer accidents.
When should you file claims? – If you file a lot of claims you can definitely plan on increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Insurance companies in Texas give discounts to drivers who do not file claims often. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
Alarms and GPS tracking lower insurance rates – Selecting a car model with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help prevent vehicle theft.
Will just any policy work for me?
When buying coverage for your vehicles, there really isn’t a single plan that fits everyone. Your situation is unique.
For example, these questions might point out if your situation might need professional guidance.
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Texas minimum liability coverage?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Do I have newly-acquired coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
You may need help from an insurance agent
Some consumers would rather get advice from a local agent. An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can find cheap insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
After filling out this simple form, the quote information is immediately sent to participating agents in Fort Worth that provide free Fort Worth auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. You can find better rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to get a price quote from a particular provider, you just need to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Selecting an insurer should depend on more than just a low price. These questions are important to ask:
- Does the agent help file claims?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Which family members are covered?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
Cheap car insurance premiums are possible
When shopping online for car insurance, it’s not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits only to find out they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
In this article, we presented many tips how you can reduce Dodge Intrepid insurance rates online in Fort Worth. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the best price on car insurance is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
More affordable car insurance in Fort Worth can be sourced online as well as from insurance agents, so you need to quote Fort Worth auto insurance with both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not offer price quotes online and these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Government Employees in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Good Students in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Fort Worth Car Insurance for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)