Ford Fiesta insurance rates image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
Would you like to save money by finding more affordable Ford Fiesta insurance in Fort Worth? Wish you could get out of an overpriced car insurance policy? Trust us when we tell you you are not the only one feeling buyer's remorse.
Unbelievably, a large majority of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for at least four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never quoted car insurance rates at all. With the average premium in Texas being $2,680, drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just don't understand how easy it is to compare rates and save money. Popular companies such as State Farm, Progressive and GEICO continually hit you with ad campaigns and it is difficult to avoid their marketing magic and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
It's important to compare rates periodically because car insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. If you had the best price on Ford Fiesta insurance in Fort Worth a few years ago there may be better deals available now. You'll find a ton of advice on Fiesta insurance online but you can learn some of the best techniques to quit paying high car insurance rates in Fort Worth.
If you are insured now or need a new policy, you will benefit by learning to save money without sacrificing coverage. Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Fort Worth is much easier if you have a good place to start. Drivers just have to know how to quote multiple rates online from multiple companies.
All major auto insurance companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive make it easy to get coverage prices online. Getting Ford Fiesta insurance prices online is possible for anyone as all you need to do is type in your personal and coverage information into a form. After the form is submitted, their quoting system obtains your driving and credit reports and returns pricing information based on the information you submitted. This helps simplify price comparisons, and it's very important to get many rate quotes if you want to find the lowest payment on auto insurance.
If you want to use this form to compare rates, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend that you enter the insurance coverages as shown on your current policy. Doing this assures you will be getting a price comparison based on similar coverages.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer quotes in Fort Worth, TX. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Insuring your Ford Fiesta just makes sense
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Fort Worth, buying car insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Ford with a loan, it's guaranteed your bank will require that you carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over the higher price.
- Car insurance preserves your car and your assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Ford gets damaged, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. The average driver in America is overpaying over $850 per year so shop around at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Ford Fiesta insurance in Fort Worth
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you might be missing out on some discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of quoting, but a few must be asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- No Charge for an Accident - Not really a discount, but some companies like Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO will forgive one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you haven't had any claims for a specific time period.
- Good Student Discount - Being a good student may save you up to 25%. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Mature Driver Discount - Older drivers can get reduced rates.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Sign Early and Save - Some insurance companies provide a discount for switching companies before your current coverage expires. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Theft Deterrent System - Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Memberships - Joining qualifying employment or professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates when shopping for insurance.
- Multiple Cars - Having multiple cars or trucks with one company could earn a price break for each car.
A little disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
For a list of insurers who offer cheap Ford Fiesta insurance quotes in Fort Worth in Texas, follow this link.
When to have guidance from an insurance agency
Many drivers just want to visit with an insurance agent and that can be a great decision Professional agents can point out coverage gaps and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of comparing car insurance online is that you can obtain cheaper auto insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your information gets sent to agents in your area that can provide free Fort Worth car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. If you need to quote rates for a specific company, just jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right company is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Fort Worth should have no problem answering these questions:
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a reputable agency, there are a couple of types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Fort Worth can be categorized as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either can handle car insurance, but it's important to know why they differ because it can factor into the selection process.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive work for only one company such as AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. These agents are not able to compare other company's rates so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage.
Shown below are Fort Worth exclusive insurance agencies who may provide you with price quote information.
Agents that choose to be independent are normally appointed by many insurers and that is an advantage because they can write policies with multiple insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move the coverage in-house and that require little work on your part. If you need lower rates, it's recommended you get rate quotes from at least one independent agent so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
The following are independent insurance agents in Fort Worth who can help you get price quote information.
If you receive good responses for all questions you ask as well as an affordable premium quote, chances are good that you have found an insurance agency that is a good match to properly service your car insurance policy. Just remember it's your policy and you can terminate coverage at any point so don't feel that you are permanently stuck with a specific company for the full term.
Car insurance coverage basics
Learning about specific coverages of your policy can be of help when determining the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. These are typical coverage types offered by car insurance companies.
Comprehensive auto coverage - This covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as hail damage, fire damage, falling objects and hitting a deer. The most a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle's value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision coverage - Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for claims such as sideswiping another vehicle, rolling your car, crashing into a building and scraping a guard rail. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible on your Fiesta to get cheaper collision coverage.
Liability - Liability insurance protects you from damage that occurs to a person or their property by causing an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 30/60/25 which means a limit of $30,000 per injured person, a total of $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability can pay for claims such as attorney fees, medical expenses and medical services. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but buy higher limits if possible. Texas requires drivers to carry at least 30/60/25 but it's recommended drivers buy more liability than the minimum.
The next chart shows why buying low liability limits may not be enough.
Medical payments and PIP coverage - Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for short-term medical expenses such as ambulance fees, X-ray expenses, hospital visits and nursing services. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage - This gives you protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle's damage.
Since many Texas drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (Texas limits are 30/60/25), it doesn't take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Compare auto insurance prices regularly to save
The cheapest Ford Fiesta insurance in Fort Worth is possible from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Fort Worth agents, so you need to quote Fort Worth car insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers do not provide the ability to get quotes online and many times these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
We covered some good ideas how you can lower your Ford Fiesta insurance car insurance rates in Fort Worth. It's most important to understand that the more you quote Fort Worth car insurance, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Fort Worth car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on auto insurance is with a lesser-known regional company. They may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
How to find discount Ford Fiesta insurance in Fort Worth
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get budget car insurance rates is to start comparing prices yearly from providers who can sell car insurance in Fort Worth.
First, learn about coverages and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases such as multiple speeding tickets and an unacceptable credit score can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Second, compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. View a list of agents
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
A good piece of advice is that you'll want to make sure you compare identical limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get rates from as many carriers as you can. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete rate analysis.
To read more, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has the Cheapest Fort Worth Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Veterans in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Business Use in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Fort Worth Car Insurance Rates for Infrequent Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Good Credit in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)