The preferred way to get cheaper Buick Regal insurance in Fort Worth is to start comparing rates regularly from companies who provide auto insurance in Texas.
- Gain an understanding of how insurance works and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many things that increase rates such as speeding and an unfavorable credit rating can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices for many different companies.
- Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Notify your company or agent of your decision to cancel your existing policy. Submit a signed application and payment to the new company. As soon as you have the new policy, place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance with your registration paperwork.
A good piece of advice is to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote and to quote with every company you can. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Everyone knows that insurance companies don't want you to look for a cheaper policy. Drivers who shop around for cheaper price quotes will presumably move their business because of the high probability of finding discount prices. A recent survey revealed that people who routinely compared quotes saved an average of $3,500 over four years compared to people who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the most affordable Buick Regal insurance in Fort Worth is your ultimate objective, then knowing the best way to compare insurance can save time and make the process easier.
If you have coverage now or are shopping for new coverage, use these cost-cutting techniques to get lower rates without having to cut coverage. Comparison shopping for more affordable policy in Fort Worth is not as confusing as people think. Consumers just have to use the most effective way to get comparison rates from multiple carriers.
Score discounts to get cheaper Fort Worth auto insurance quotes
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts that you may not know about. Most are applied when you quote, but some must be specifically requested before they will apply. If you aren't receiving every discount you qualify for, you're paying more than you need to.
- College Student - Kids who are attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- 55 and Retired - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you are able to get better auto insurance rates.
- Responsible Driver Discounts - Insureds who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accident claims.
- Paper-free Discount - Some of the larger companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy over the internet.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints - Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Military Deployment Discount - Being deployed in the military may lower your prices slightly.
One thing to note about discounts is that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn't quite work that way.
A list of companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are outlined below.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including air bags, multi-policy, five-year accident-free, good student, membership and employees, anti-theft, and daytime running lights.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for low natural disaster claims, location of vehicle, ease of repair, professional/association, multi-policy, and accident-free.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for electronic funds transfer, business and professional, homeowner, youthful driver, pay in full, and switch companies.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has discounts for company car, paid in full, mature driver, anti-theft, multi-policy, air bags, and safe driver.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for new vehicle discount, new move discount, good student, exclusive group savings, newly retired, teen driver discount, and preferred payment discount.
- SAFECO may include discounts for anti-theft, homeowner, bundle discounts, multi-car, teen safe driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive discounts include online quote discount, homeowner, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- USAA may have discounts that include safe driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, vehicle storage, new vehicle, and military installation.
If you need lower rates, check with each company which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts may not be available in your area. To locate insurers that offer many of these discounts in Texas, click here.
Finding a lower price on Buick Regal insurance is a fairly straight forward process. The only requirement is to invest a little time to get quotes to find out which insurance company has affordable Buick Regal insurance quotes.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Fort Worth, TX. If several companies are displayed, it's a good idea that you click on several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Buying car insurance from Fort Worth insurance agents
Many drivers still like to buy from a licensed agent and that is just fine! Good agents can help determine the best coverages and help you file claims. A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is you can get cheaper prices and still have a local agent.
After completing this simple form, the quote information is submitted to participating agents in Fort Worth who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. There is no need to leave your house since rate quotes are delivered to your email. If you need to quote rates from one company in particular, don't hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Deciding on an insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- What companies can they write with?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
If you need to find a local Fort Worth insurance agent, there are two different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Agencies in Fort Worth are either exclusive or independent. Either can write policy coverage, but it is a good idea to know the subtle differences because it can influence which agent you choose.
Agents that choose to be exclusive work for only one company like State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to compare other company's rates so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers frequently buy insurance from these agents primarily because of loyalty to the company and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below are Fort Worth exclusive agents who can help you get price quotes.
- Larry Martin - State Farm Insurance Agent
7833 Summer Creek Dr - Fort Worth, TX 76123 - (817) 292-6214 - View Map
- Jerry Bristow - State Farm Insurance Agent
6490 Camp Bowie Blvd - Fort Worth, TX 76116 - (817) 738-2184 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Cecil A. Nutall
6716 Brentwood Stair Rd - Fort Worth, TX 76112 - (817) 451-7996 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type do not work for one specific company and that gives them the ability to insure with an assortment of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your premiums go up, your policy is moved internally and you don't have to switch agencies.
When comparison shopping, we recommend you include multiple independent agents to have the best price comparison. Many write coverage with smaller companies who may have lower rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Fort Worth that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Luna Insurance Agency
4475 Hemphill St - Fort Worth, TX 76115 - (817) 744-8150 - View Map
- Bradley Insurance
1415 Summit Ave - Fort Worth, TX 76102 - (817) 332-4064 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance - Curtis Logan Agency
4500 Mercantile Plaza Dr #300 - Fort Worth, TX 76137 - (214) 302-7148 - View Map
Insurance savings summarized
When searching for low cost Fort Worth auto insurance quotes, make sure you don't buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time they didn't have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Consumers switch companies for a number of reasons such as delays in paying claims, policy non-renewal, not issuing a premium refund or denial of a claim. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new insurance company is less work than it seems.
Some insurance companies may not have the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell through local independent agents. Cheaper Buick Regal insurance in Fort Worth can be sourced on the web and also from your neighborhood Fort Worth agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
Additional information is located at these links:
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Welfare Recipients in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)