Astonishing but true, most consumers have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. Many drivers in Texas could save themselves as much as 70% a year just by shopping around, but they think it’s difficult to compare rate quotes online.
The best way we recommend to find cheaper prices for auto insurance rates is to compare quotes annually from insurers that insure vehicles in Fort Worth.
- Take a little time to learn about how insurance works and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices like accidents, traffic violations, and a substandard credit score can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Read the full article for more information to help prevent expensive coverage and get additional discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. View rates
- Compare the new rates to your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find better rates, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Give notification to your agent or company of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new company or agent. As soon as you receive it, keep the new certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location.
One bit of advice is to make sure you’re comparing the same deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as you can. This provides a level playing field and a complete rate analysis.
If you have a current car insurance policy, you will surely be able to save money using the concepts covered in this article. Quoting and comparing rates for the lowest cost coverage in Fort Worth is easy to do. Although Texas car owners need to have an understanding of how insurance companies calculate their prices and use this information to your advantage.
Companies offering low-cost BMW X1 rates in Fort Worth, TX
The car insurance companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Fort Worth, TX. If multiple providers are shown, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most affordable rates.
Affordable rates by taking advantage of discounts
Car insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you can get discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Certain reductions will be credited at the time you complete a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked about before they will apply.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your BMW can earn substantially lower rates.
- Save over 55 – Seniors could receive reduced rates.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Fort Worth Homeowners Pay Less – Just owning your own home can save you money since owning and maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have several vehicles with one company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Distant Student Discount – Kids who live away from home to go to college and leave their car at home can be insured at a reduced rate.
It’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A few of the larger companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be found below.
- State Farm has discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for good student, pay in full, switch companies, mature driver, electronic funds transfer, early shopping, and youthful driver.
- Progressive has savings for homeowner, online quote discount, multi-policy, continuous coverage, good student, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including federal employee, membership and employees, seat belt use, defensive driver, and multi-vehicle.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may have discounts that include paid in full, anti-lock brakes, air bags, multi-policy, mature driver, and student away at school.
- The Hartford offers discounts including air bag, bundle, defensive driver, anti-theft, driver training, good student, and vehicle fuel type.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for good student, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, renewal discount, and 55 and retired.
- USAA includes discounts for driver training, family discount, multi-vehicle, annual mileage, multi-policy, and vehicle storage.
When quoting, ask all the companies to apply every possible discount. Discounts may not apply everywhere. If you would like to choose from a list of companies with the best BMW X1 insurance discounts in Texas, click here to view.
Local Fort Worth car insurance agents
Many people still like to have an agent’s advice and that is not a bad decision One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is you may find cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your information is immediately sent to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. You can find the lowest rates without a big time investment. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you would need to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Selecting an company needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Is the agency active in community causes in Fort Worth?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- How are claims handled?
- If they are an independent agency in Fort Worth, which companies do they recommend?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
When searching for a local insurance agency, you should know the different types of agents and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agents in Fort Worth are either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Agents that choose to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company’s rates like State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. These agents are not able to compare other company’s rates so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which can be an advantage. A lot of people choose to use a exclusive agent mostly because of loyalty to the company and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Fort Worth that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Tom Price – State Farm Insurance Agent
6015 Harris Pkwy #100 – Fort Worth, TX 76132 – (817) 731-8855 – View Map
- Marianne Leal – State Farm Insurance Agent
1205 N Main St – Fort Worth, TX 76164 – (817) 740-1508 – View Map
- Linda Allen – State Farm Insurance Agent
5328 Boat Club Rd – Fort Worth, TX 76135 – (817) 236-7200 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
These type of agents are not employed by any specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many different insurance companies and find you the best rates. If prices rise, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing insurance prices, you definitely need to include price quotes from a couple of independent agencies for maximum quote selection. Most also write with small mutual carriers that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Listed below is a list of independent agents in Fort Worth that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Kilpatrick Insurance Agency
2410 Montgomery St – Fort Worth, TX 76107 – (817) 731-8771 – View Map
- Graham Insurance Group, Inc.
2914 SE Loop 820 – Fort Worth, TX 76140 – (817) 293-0388 – View Map
- Peter Polinsky Insurance Agency
8751 Camp Bowie W Blvd #124 – Fort Worth, TX 76116 – (817) 560-9400 – View Map
Frequent quotes can save
People who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including policy non-renewal, not issuing a premium refund, delays in paying claims and even unfair underwriting practices. Regardless of your reason, finding the right auto insurance provider is actually quite simple.
We’ve covered a lot of techniques to compare BMW X1 insurance prices in Fort Worth. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the best prices are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
When searching for affordable BMW X1 insurance quotes, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, an accident victim reduced collision coverage and learned later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Additional detailed information is available in the articles below:
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Fort Worth Auto Insurance for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- How Much are Fort Worth Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 21? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Fort Worth, Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Teenage Females in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Learners Permit in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Ford Explorer in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)