Really, the only way to find cheaper auto insurance rates in Fort Worth is to start doing a yearly price comparison from companies who can sell car insurance in Texas. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
- Gain an understanding of what coverages are included in your policy and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many factors that result in higher rates such as high-risk driving behaviors and poor credit history can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Continue reading for more ideas to prevent expensive rate increases and find missing discounts.
- Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. View companies
- Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Fort Worth. If you can save money, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Notify your agent or company of your intent to cancel the current policy. Submit payment and a completed application for the new policy. Once the application is submitted, store the certificate of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
A good tip to remember is that you'll want to compare similar limits and deductibles on every quote request and to quote with as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and a better comparison of the market.
It's safe to assume that auto insurance companies don't want you comparing rates. People who do rate comparisons are inclined to switch companies because they have a good chance of finding coverage at a more affordable price. Remarkably, a study showed that drivers who shopped around every year saved as much as $72 a month as compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If finding the lowest rates on car insurance is the reason you're here, then having some knowledge of the best way to compare coverages can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
To get affordable Fort Worth car insurance quotes, there a variety of ways of comparing rates from lots of Texas auto insurance companies. By far the easiest way to lower the rate you pay for Chevy SS insurance is to get quotes online. It's important to know that comparing more prices will enable you to find lower pricing. Not every company provides rate quotes online, so it's necessary to compare price estimates from them, too.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Why you need to buy auto insurance
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance is required by state law in Texas and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Chevy SS, most lenders will require that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Chevy at a much higher rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects your Chevy SS and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your SS are definitely more than the cost, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so you should quote and compare rates every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Car insurance companies don't always advertise their entire list of discounts very clearly, so below is a list a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Fort Worth car insurance online.
- Paperless Signup - A few companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy on the web.
- Seat Belt Usage - Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Cars that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Active Service Discounts - Being on active duty in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Resident Student - Older children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not take a car to college may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Federal Employees - Active or retired federal employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease with select insurance companies.
- Driver Training Discounts - Taking part in a driver safety class may get you a small discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
Remember that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like it's possible to get free car insurance, you're out of luck.
If you would like to view auto insurance companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Fort Worth, click here to view.
What if I want to buy from local Fort Worth insurance agencies?
A lot of people still prefer to buy from a local agent and that is OK! One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is you may find lower rates and still choose a local agent. Buying insurance from small agencies is important especially in Fort Worth.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent to you. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific insurance company, don't hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Fort Worth auto insurance agents come in two flavors
If you want to use a reliable insurance agency, it's important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Auto insurance agents in Fort Worth are either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel are not required to write business for one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, the business is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing auto insurance prices, you definitely need to get quotes from independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many can place coverage with companies you've never heard of that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Listed below are Fort Worth independent agencies who may provide price quote information.
- Woods Insurance Agency
2740 Western Center Blvd #504 - Fort Worth, TX 76131 - (817) 232-1580 - View Map
- Lucien Wright Insurance Services
6000 Western Pl #100 - Fort Worth, TX 76107 - (817) 335-3400 - View Map
- Fort Worth Insurance Agency
5049 Trail Lake Dr - Fort Worth, TX 76133 - (817) 292-2929 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents are contracted to one company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare rates from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are trained well on their company's products which helps them sell on service rather than price. A lot of people buy from the same agent for years partially due to the prominent brand name rather than having low rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Fort Worth that are able to give rate quotes.
- Linda Allen - State Farm Insurance Agent
5328 Boat Club Rd - Fort Worth, TX 76135 - (817) 236-7200 - View Map
- Marianne Leal - State Farm Insurance Agent
1205 N Main St - Fort Worth, TX 76164 - (817) 740-1508 - View Map
- Sloan Clark - State Farm Insurance Agent
2606 S Cherry Ln - Fort Worth, TX 76116 - (817) 560-3344 - View Map
Deciding on an insurance agency is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. These are valid questions to ask:
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
More comparisons equals cheaper rates
Cheaper car insurance in Fort Worth can be sourced both online and from local insurance agents, so get free Fort Worth car insurance quotes from both of them so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who do not offer online price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers sell through independent agencies.
As you shop your coverage around, don't be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
People switch companies for a number of reasons such as extreme rates for teen drivers, high rates after DUI convictions, not issuing a premium refund and poor customer service. It doesn't matter why you want to switch switching car insurance companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
For more information, take a look at the resources below:
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Fort Worth Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Dodge Journey in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)