Chevy Silverado insurance cost image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
The recommended way to find the cheapest price for Chevy Silverado insurance in Fort Worth is to compare prices once a year from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in Texas. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Read and learn about auto insurance and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates such as accidents, traffic violations, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article gives ideas to find cheap prices and earn larger discounts.
Step 2: Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple insurance companies. View prices
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new carrier. Don't forget to place your new certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle.
One piece of advice is to use similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to get prices from as many car insurance companies as possible. This guarantees a fair price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
It's safe to assume that car insurance companies don't want customers comparing rates. Insureds who shop around for cheaper price quotes will probably buy a different policy because there is a good chance of finding a lower-priced company. A recent survey discovered that people who routinely compared rates saved about $865 annually compared to policyholders who never compared prices.
If saving money on auto insurance is why you're reading this, then learning about how to choose a company and compare car insurance can help make the process easier.
The best way to compare insurance rates in your area is to realize car insurance companies allow for online access to give you rate quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide information such as if you have a valid license, an estimate of your credit level, how much coverage you want, and whether you drive to work or school. That rating data is then submitted to multiple companies and they return quotes with very little delay.
To compare lower-cost Chevy Silverado insurance rates now, click here and complete the form.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Texas. If several companies are displayed, it's a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Auto insurance is not optional but you don't have to overpay
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Fort Worth, maintaining insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability in order to be legal. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, almost all lenders will force you to have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chevy at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying auto insurance definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying more than $855 a year so it's very important to do a rate comparison at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Analysis of Chevy Silverado rates
The price information below outlines different insurance policy prices for Chevy Silverado models. Having a good grasp of how prices are determined can aid in making smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 2WD||$180||$338||$486||$28||$146||$1,178||$98|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$180||$338||$430||$26||$128||$1,102||$92|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$206||$412||$486||$28||$146||$1,278||$107|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab||$206||$412||$486||$28||$146||$1,278||$107|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 4WD||$206||$412||$430||$26||$128||$1,202||$100|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$206||$412||$430||$26||$128||$1,202||$100|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$206||$412||$486||$28||$146||$1,278||$107|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 2WD||$206||$412||$486||$28||$146||$1,278||$107|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$232||$486||$430||$26||$128||$1,302||$109|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 2WD||$232||$486||$486||$28||$146||$1,378||$115|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 4WD||$232||$486||$430||$26||$128||$1,302||$109|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$232||$486||$486||$28||$146||$1,378||$115|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 2WD||$232||$486||$486||$28||$146||$1,378||$115|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$232||$486||$430||$26||$128||$1,302||$109|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$232||$486||$486||$28||$146||$1,378||$115|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$232||$486||$430||$26||$128||$1,302||$109|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$232||$560||$430||$26||$128||$1,376||$115|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 4WD||$258||$560||$430||$26||$128||$1,402||$117|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and safe-driver. Information does not factor in specific location information which can raise or lower rates greatly.
The illustration below illustrates how your deductible choice and can increase or decrease Chevy Silverado insurance costs for each different age group. The prices are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no other discounts are factored in.
Rate comparison of full coverage and liability-only
The information below shows the comparison of Chevy Silverado car insurance costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The rates are based on no claims or violations, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no definitive formula to stop buying full coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than 10% of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Chevy Silverado settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would receive is $8,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying over $800 a year for physical damage coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are a few cases where dropping full coverage is not advised. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to keep full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Cheaper Chevy Silverado insurance in Fort Worth
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you may find discounts that may help make it more affordable. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at quote time, but a few must be requested specifically before they will apply.
- Onboard Data Collection - Drivers who elect to allow driving data submission to monitor driving patterns by using a telematic data system like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive's Snapshot may see discounts if they have good driving habits.
- Drive Safe and Save - Insureds who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Fort Worth auto insurance quote than drivers with accidents.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - Auto insurance companies who offer life insurance give better auto insurance rates if you take out life insurance.
- Claim Free - Insureds with no claims or accidents pay much less in comparison to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Own a Home and Save - Simply owning a home may earn you a small savings since owning and maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Taking part in a defensive driving course is a good idea and can lower rates and also improve your driving technique.
- Braking Control Discount - Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control prevent accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
Policy discounts save money, but most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
The information below compares Chevy Silverado insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The prices are based on a female driver, no accidents or driving violations, Texas state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-car, homeowner, claim-free, marriage, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A list of companies and a partial list of their discounts can be found below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for driver's education, good driver, accident-free, student away at school, passive restraint, and safe vehicle.
- Esurance includes discounts for anti-theft, homeowner, multi-policy, online shopper, Switch & Save, and DriveSense.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online signing, good student, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for multi-car, preferred payment discount, new vehicle discount, new move discount, multi-policy, hybrid vehicle, and teen driver discount.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts including multiple vehicles, group or association, safe driver, multi-policy, and paperless.
- GEICO discounts include five-year accident-free, daytime running lights, good student, anti-lock brakes, and membership and employees.
When quoting, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings may not apply to policyholders everywhere. If you would like to see a list of companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Fort Worth, click here.
You may need specialized insurance coverage
When quoting and comparing a policy, there isn't really a "perfect" insurance plan. Every situation is different and your insurance should unique, too. Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if you might need professional guidance.
- Should I file a claim if it's only slightly more than my deductible?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- What if I total my Chevy Silverado and owe more than it's worth?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Chevy Silverado?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
If you can't answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and may give you better protection.