Chevy Camaro insurance image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
If you want to save money, the best way to get affordable auto insurance rates is to regularly compare prices from different companies who can sell car insurance in Fort Worth. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
First, try to understand coverages and the things you can change to keep rates low. Many factors that cause high rates such as inattentive driving and a low credit score can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Second, request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from many different companies. Start a quote
Third, compare the new rates to the price on your current policy to determine if you can save on Camaro insurance in Fort Worth. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit payment and a completed application for the new policy. Once received, place the new certificate of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
A good tip to remember is that you'll want to make sure you compare the same deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to compare as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price quote selection.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, the vast majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and about 40% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. With the average premium in Texas being $2,700, drivers could cut their rates by nearly $1,766 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they underestimate the amount of savings they would get if they switched to a cheaper policy.
This article's intent is to familiarize you with the best way to quote coverages and how to save the most money. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will surely be able to reduce the price you pay using these tips. Drivers just have to know the best way to quote multiple rates online.
The quickest method we recommend to get policy rate comparisons for Chevy Camaro insurance in Fort Worth is to realize most larger insurance companies allow for online access to provide you with free rate quotes. To get started, all you need to do is take a few minutes to give details like your general credit rating, how old drivers are, coverage limits, and marital status. Those rating factors is then sent to many of the top insurers and they provide comparison quotes within a short period of time.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here then complete the form.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Why you need car insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Chevy Camaro in Fort Worth, paying for car insurance serves an important purpose.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Camaro, most lenders will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chevy at an extremely high rate and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves not only your Chevy Camaro but also your financial assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays more than $810 a year so it's very important to do a rate comparison once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Auto insurance analysis for a Chevy Camaro
The rate information below showcases a range of prices for Chevy Camaro models. Knowing how insurance policy premiums are determined can assist in making informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, and homeowner. Price information does not factor in specific garaging location which can affect coverage prices greatly.
The chart below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can affect Chevy Camaro insurance prices for different age categories. Data assumes a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Rate comparison of male drivers versus female drivers
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Chevy Camaro insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The information is based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Cheap Fort Worth auto insurance quotes with discounts
Some insurance providers don't always list every available discount in a way that's easy to find, so the following list contains some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts you could be receiving when you buy Fort Worth auto insurance online.
- Early Signing - A few companies allow discounts for switching companies early. This can save 10% or more.
- ABS Brakes - Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Participating in a course that instructs on driving safety could earn you a small percentage discount depending on where you live.
- Multi-policy Discount - When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance and insure them with the same company you could save up to 20% off your total Camaro insurance premium.
- Accident Waiver - Not a discount per se, but a few companies such as Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm will turn a blind eye to one accident before they charge you more for coverage if your claims history is clear for a specific time period.
- Professional Organizations - Having an affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Fort Worth could qualify you for a break on your next auto insurance statement.
- Anti-theft System - Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Distant Student - College-age children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and don't have a car can receive lower rates.
- Early Payment Discounts - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying in monthly installments you could save 5% or more.
As a sidenote, most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Even though the math looks like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you aren't that lucky.
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Chevy Camaro car insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The prices are based on a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, Texas state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-car, and marriage discounts applied.
Auto insurance companies that have most of the discounts above include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask every company what discounts are available to you. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not apply in Fort Worth. If you would like to choose from a list of companies who offer discounts in Texas, click this link.
Independent versus exclusive auto insurance agents
Some consumers prefer to buy from a local agent and that is a smart decision Professional insurance agents are trained risk managers and help you file claims. One of the great benefits of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent. And providing support for small agencies is important especially in Fort Worth.
After filling out this quick form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Fort Worth who will give competitive quotes for your business. You won't need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, feel free to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
If you would like to find an insurance agent, there are a couple of different agency structures that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agents may be either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either type can properly insure your vehicles, but it's good to learn the subtle differences because it can influence which type of agent you select.
These agents do not sell for just one brand so they have the ability to put coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a cheaper price, the business is moved internally which makes it simple for you.
When comparing rates, you definitely need to get some free quotes from multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Shown below are Fort Worth independent insurance agencies that may be able to give price quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Darla Duncan Insurance Agency
5801 Curzon Ave #137 - Fort Worth, TX 76107 - (817) 731-0991 - View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can usually just insure with one company like State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to shop your coverage around so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies are well trained on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Below are exclusive agents in Fort Worth that can give you rate quotes.
Finding the right insurance agency should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Fort Worth?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Fort Worth?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- How long have they been in business?
After receiving good responses to any questions you may have as well as a price you're happy with, you have narrowed it down to a car insurance agent that can service your policy.
Frequent quotes can save
We just showed you quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on Chevy Camaro insurance in Fort Worth. It's most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the lowest premium rates are with some of the lesser-known companies. They can often provide lower prices in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
As you shop your coverage around, it's not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In too many instances, an insured dropped collision coverage only to regret they didn't have enough coverage. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost.
For more information, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Fort Worth Car Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Santa Fe in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)