Astonishing but true according to a recent study, most consumers in Texas have been with the same company for at least the last four years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. American drivers could save roughly $859 each year by just shopping around, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to compare rates.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get affordable car insurance rates is to regularly compare price quotes from different companies who provide car insurance in Fort Worth. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
First, spend some time learning about the coverage provided by your policy and the things you can change to keep rates down. Many rating factors that cause high rates like speeding and an imperfect credit history can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Second, request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Third, compare the new quotes to your existing policy to determine if you can save on xB insurance. If you can save money, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to compare every insurance company. This ensures a level playing field and a better comparison of the market.
If you have coverage now or need a new policy, use these tips to shop for the lowest rates without having to cut coverage. The purpose of this article is to tell you how to get online quotes and some tricks to saving. Smart shoppers just need to use the most time-saving way to shop on the web.
The quickest way to get rate comparisons for Scion xB insurance in Fort Worth is to understand most of the larger companies participate in a system to give you rate quotes. To get started, all you need to do is provide details such as whether you have decent credit, if you have an active license, whether the vehicles are used for commuting, and whether your vehicle is owned or leased. The data gets sent immediately to insurance carriers in your area and you will get price comparisons quickly.
To get price quotes for your Scion xB now, click here and complete the quick form.
The companies in the list below can provide free quotes in Texas. If several companies are displayed, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Auto insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the high cost, buying auto insurance is required by state law in Texas and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Scion at a much higher rate and force you to pay for it.
- Auto insurance protects both your assets and your car. It will also cover many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If your Scion gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your xB outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. An average driver in America is overpaying over $865 each year so smart consumers compare quotes at every policy renewal to save money.
Scion xB detailed coverage information
The rate table displayed below outlines different insurance rates for Scion xB models. Having knowledge of how insurance premiums are calculated is important for drivers to make decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Rates do not factor in specific Fort Worth garaging location which can influence prices considerably.
Male drivers compared to female drivers
The example below shows the comparison of Scion xB annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on no claims, a clean driving record, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Don’t neglect these five discounts on Scion xB insurance in Fort Worth
Insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you may qualify for discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Some discounts will apply when you complete an application, but some need to be inquired about prior to getting the savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less than less cautious drivers.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few companies give discounts for switching policies prior to the expiration date on your current xB insurance policy. It can save you around 10%.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles can qualify you for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Bundle and Save – If you can combine your home and auto policy with one insurance company you could get a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Save over 55 – Drivers over the age of 55 are able to get lower premium rates.
It’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, you’re out of luck.
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Scion xB premium costs with and without some available policy discounts. The premiums assume a female driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Texas state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, marriage, claim-free, multi-car, safe-driver, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A few popular companies and the discounts they provide are included below.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-policy, good student, and online signing.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for bundle discounts, electronic funds transfer, youthful driver, homeowner, business and professional, and multi-car.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for good student, multi-policy, renewal discount, safe driver, 55 and retired, youthful driver, and driver training.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, multiple policy, and safe vehicle.
- GEICO offers discounts including air bags, federal employee, daytime running lights, military active duty, and membership and employees.
- SAFECO discounts include teen safe driver, teen safety rewards, homeowner, bundle discounts, accident prevention training, and multi-car.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for new graduate, safety features, new move discount, multi-car, and hybrid vehicle.
When comparing rates, check with all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts might not apply in Fort Worth. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Fort Worth, click here.
Car insurance is available from your local insurance agencies
Some consumers just prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is not a bad decision Professional insurance agents are trained risk managers and help file insurance claims. One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
After completing this simple form, your insurance data is sent to participating agents in Fort Worth who will return price quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your house since price quotes are sent directly to you. If you want to compare rates from a specific car insurance provider, you can always search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurer should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- How many years have they been established?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
If you would like to find a local insurance agency, it helps to know the two different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agents in Fort Worth are considered either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types of agents can sell car insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning the differences because it can factor into the selection process.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive are contracted to one company like AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. These agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so they really need to provide good service. They are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Some people will only buy from exclusive agents mainly due to the prominent brand name rather than low price.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Fort Worth willing to provide price quotes.
- Amado Flores – State Farm Insurance Agent
3345 Western Center Blvd Ste 180 – Fort Worth, TX 76137 – (817) 232-3000 – View Map
- Marty Melton – State Farm Insurance Agent
5250 McCart Ave – Fort Worth, TX 76115 – (817) 924-2424 – View Map
- Gary Gilmore – State Farm Insurance Agent
9324 Clifford St #106 – Fort Worth, TX 76108 – (817) 367-6106 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents of this type do not work for one specific company and that allows them to write policies through many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a cheaper price, they simply switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent.
When comparing rate quotes, it’s a good idea to include multiple independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most have the option of insuring with mutual insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Shown below is a short list of independent agents in Fort Worth willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Morris Curlee Jr
3000 Altamesa Blvd #150 – Fort Worth, TX 76133 – (817) 370-9838 – View Map
- Ornelas Insurance Agency
5901 E Lancaster Ave – Fort Worth, TX 76112 – (817) 496-9111 – View Map
- Lucien Wright Insurance Services
6000 Western Pl #100 – Fort Worth, TX 76107 – (817) 335-3400 – View Map
Car insurance can be complex
When quoting and choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Every situation is different and your policy should reflect that.
For example, these questions might help in determining if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
What insurance coverages do you need?
Having a good grasp of your policy can help you determine appropriate coverage for your vehicles. Insurance terms can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Below you’ll find typical coverages available from insurance companies.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This gives you protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Scion xB.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (30/60/25), their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, falling objects, hail damage and theft. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
This coverage will cover damage that occurs to people or other property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 30/60/25 that translate to $30,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $60,000, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims like emergency aid, structural damage, court costs and funeral expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but consider buying as much as you can afford. Texas requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but drivers should carry more liability than the minimum.
The chart below shows why buying minimum limits may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
This coverage pays for damage to your xB from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for claims like hitting a mailbox, colliding with a tree and backing into a parked car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible on your xB in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses such as X-ray expenses, chiropractic care, dental work, rehabilitation expenses and prosthetic devices. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
One last note
Affordable Scion xB insurance in Fort Worth can be sourced on the web in addition to many Fort Worth insurance agents, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies don’t offer online quoting and most of the time these smaller providers work with independent agents.
In this article, we covered a lot of information how to compare Scion xB insurance car insurance rates in Fort Worth. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the biggest savings come from a small mutual company. They may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
For more information, link through to the resources below:
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for College Students in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- How Much are Fort Worth Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Equinox? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Teenage Females in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Uninsured Drivers in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)