Are you tired of trying to find cheaper insurance rates in Fort Worth, TX? Fort Worth consumers have many options when looking for low-cost GMC Canyon insurance. They can either spend hours driving around to get rate comparisons or utilize the internet to make rate comparisons.
There is a better way to shop for insurance so you’re going to learn the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage for a new or used GMC and obtain the lowest price from Fort Worth insurance agents and online providers.
Smart consumers take time to compare rates yearly because prices trend upward over time. Just because you had the lowest rates on GMC Canyon insurance in Fort Worth a couple years back the chances are good that you can find a lower rate quote today. Ignore everything you know about insurance because it’s time to teach you the proper way to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
Most of the larger companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO provide coverage price quotes directly from their websites. Comparing prices online for GMC Canyon insurance in Fort Worth is quite easy as you just type in the amount of coverage you want as requested by the quote form. After you submit the form their rating system pulls your driving and credit reports and provides a quote determined by many factors.
The ability to get online quotes for GMC Canyon insurance in Fort Worth makes it simple to compare prices and it’s very important to do this in order to find the cheapest price possible.
To find out if lower rates are available, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you enter the coverage information as close as possible to your current policy. This ensures you will receive a rate comparison for exact coverage.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Three main reasons to buy auto insurance
Even though Fort Worth Canyon insurance rates can get expensive, paying for auto insurance is required in Texas but also provides important benefits.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your GMC, most lenders will have a requirement that you have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your GMC for a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Auto insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying auto insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays more than $825 a year so it’s important to compare rates each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
GMC Canyon detailed coverage information
The coverage table displayed below showcases a range of insurance premium costs for GMC Canyon models. Having a better understanding of how insurance premiums are determined is important for making decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Canyon SLE Regular Cab 2WD||$246||$460||$496||$30||$148||$1,380||$115|
|Canyon SLE Ext Cab 2WD||$246||$560||$496||$30||$148||$1,480||$123|
|Canyon SLE Ext Cab Z71 2WD||$246||$560||$496||$30||$148||$1,480||$123|
|Canyon SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$246||$560||$496||$30||$148||$1,480||$123|
|Canyon SLE Regular Cab 4WD||$282||$460||$496||$30||$148||$1,416||$118|
|Canyon SLE Crew Cab Z71 2WD||$282||$560||$496||$30||$148||$1,516||$126|
|Canyon SLT Ext Cab 2WD||$282||$560||$496||$30||$148||$1,516||$126|
|Canyon SLE Ext Cab 4WD||$282||$460||$496||$30||$148||$1,416||$118|
|Canyon SLT Crew Cab 2WD||$282||$660||$496||$30||$148||$1,616||$135|
|Canyon SLE Ext Cab Z71 4WD||$282||$560||$496||$30||$148||$1,516||$126|
|Canyon SLE Crew Cab 4WD||$318||$560||$496||$30||$148||$1,552||$129|
|Canyon SLE Crew Cab Z71 4WD||$318||$560||$496||$30||$148||$1,552||$129|
|Canyon SLT Crew Cab 4WD||$318||$560||$496||$30||$148||$1,552||$129|
|Canyon SLT Ext Cab 4WD||$318||$560||$496||$30||$148||$1,552||$129|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Price estimates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can revise premiums greatly.
Cheaper rates on GMC Canyon insurance in Fort Worth with these insurance discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you may qualify for discounts that you may not know about. Some of these discounts will be visible when you complete an application, but lesser-known reductions have to be manually applied prior to getting the savings.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts could save 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Safety Course Discount – Participating in a course in driver safety could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
- New Car Discount – Adding a new car to your policy can save you some money because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles can qualify you for substantially lower premium rates.
- Distant Student Discount – Kids living away from Fort Worth attending college and do not take a car to college may qualify for this discount.
- No Claims – Fort Worth drivers who stay claim-free pay much less when compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but a handful of insurance companies permit an accident before your rates go up so long as you are claim-free before the accident.
We need to note that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of GMC Canyon car insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The data assumes a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
If you would like to view insurance companies that offer discounts in Fort Worth, click this link.
Buying from auto insurance agents
Some people prefer to sit down with an agent and that is OK! Licensed agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find the best rates and still have a local agent. Buying from small agencies is important especially in Fort Worth.
By using this quick form, your information is transmitted to insurance agents in Fort Worth that give free quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. If you have a need to quote rates from a particular provider, you can always navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a reliable agent, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agencies in Fort Worth are categorized either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either type can handle car insurance, but it’s worth mentioning the difference in the companies they write for because it may have an impact on your selection of an agent.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent are not locked into one company and that gives them the ability to insure with an assortment of companies and get you the best rates possible. To transfer your coverage to a different company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing rate quotes, you absolutely need to get some free quotes from at least one independent agent so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through additional companies that you may not be familiar with which could offer lower prices.
Listed below is a list of independent agencies in Fort Worth that may be able to provide competitive price quotes.
- Fort Worth Insurance Agency
5049 Trail Lake Dr – Fort Worth, TX 76133 – (817) 292-2929 – View Map
- Armor Texas Insurance Agency
6613 McCart Ave – Fort Worth, TX 76133 – (817) 332-2066 – View Map
- Flores and Associates Insurance Agency
1419 W Berry St – Fort Worth, TX 76110 – (817) 926-1238 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies have only one company to place business with and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on what they offer and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. A lot of people use the same exclusive agent partially due to the prominent brand name rather than low rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Fort Worth willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Jerry Bristow – State Farm Insurance Agent
6490 Camp Bowie Blvd – Fort Worth, TX 76116 – (817) 738-2184 – View Map
- Gary Gilmore – State Farm Insurance Agent
9324 Clifford St #106 – Fort Worth, TX 76108 – (817) 367-6106 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Frank Sargent
6901 McCart Ave Ste 100 – Fort Worth, TX 76133 – (817) 370-1895 – View Map
Deciding on an insurance agency is decision based upon more than just the price. Any agent in Fort Worth should be willing to answer these questions.
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
Your car insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When buying coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so this has to be addressed.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- What are good deductibles for a GMC Canyon?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Quote. Compare. Save.
Cheaper auto insurance in Fort Worth can be purchased both online in addition to many Fort Worth insurance agents, so you need to shop Fort Worth car insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies may not provide rate quotes online and many times these smaller companies prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
When you buy Fort Worth car insurance online, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many cases, drivers have reduced full coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Steps to finding cheaper rates for GMC Canyon insurance in Fort Worth
To save the most money, the best way to get affordable GMC Canyon insurance in Fort Worth is to compare quotes annually from insurers that sell auto insurance in Texas. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
- Step 1: Take a little time to learn about coverages and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that cause high rates such as accidents, careless driving, and an imperfect credit history can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save money, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Tell your current company of your intent to cancel your current coverage and submit a down payment along with a completed application for the new coverage. Don’t forget to store the certificate of insurance with your registration paperwork.
The key thing to know about shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get prices from every company you can. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Good Credit in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Fort Worth Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Dodge Ram in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Seniors in Fort Worth? (FAQ)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)