Has it been a year or more since you last compared quotes for more competitive Acura TLX insurance in Fort Worth? Being forced to pay for overpriced car insurance premiums can overdraw your accounts and require stricter spending habits. Comparing rate quotes is recommended to slash your bill and have more diposable income.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, the vast majority of car insurance customers have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and just under half have never compared rates with other companies. The average driver in Fort Worth could save themselves approximately $1,770 a year, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to shop around. Insurance companies such as Allstate, Liberty Mutual and State Farm all claim big savings, bombarding you with advertising and it is difficult to not get sucked in by the cute commercials and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
Save with these discounts on Acura TLX insurance in Fort Worth
Car insurance companies don’t always list every available discount very clearly, so the list below contains both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious car insurance savings.
- Memberships – Joining certain professional organizations can get you a small discount on your policy.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Maintaining low annual mileage could earn slightly better car insurance rates than normal.
- Auto/Life Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a break if you buy some life insurance too.
- New Car Discount – Buying a new car instead of a used TLX can cost up to 25% less because newer models are generally safer.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than less cautious drivers.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Seniors may be able to get reduced rates.
- No Claim Discounts – Fort Worth drivers who stay claim-free have much lower rates compared to drivers who are more careless.
It’s important to note that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you aren’t that lucky.
A few of the larger companies and the discounts they provide can be read below.
- GEICO has discounts for multi-vehicle, anti-lock brakes, federal employee, five-year accident-free, multi-policy, and seat belt use.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include location of vehicle, multi-car, anti-theft, professional/association, good driver, and age of vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including switch companies, bundle discounts, early shopping, business and professional, teen driver, youthful driver, and good student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may offer discounts for anti-lock brakes, mature driver, multi-policy, teen driver, and anti-theft.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include exclusive group savings, newly retired, multi-car, preferred payment discount, multi-policy, teen driver discount, and safety features.
- SAFECO offers discounts for safe driver, anti-theft, teen safe driver, homeowner, and teen safety rewards.
- Progressive includes discounts for continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-policy, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- USAA may include discounts for loyalty savings, safe driver, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, family discount, and vehicle storage.
Before you buy a policy, ask all the companies to apply every possible discount. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders in your area.
The companies in the list below provide quotes in Fort Worth, TX. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the lowest price.
When should I get advice from an agent?
Many drivers prefer to go talk to an agent and that can be a great decision Licensed agents will help you protect your assets and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of comparing car insurance online is that you can find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
By using this short form, the quote information is sent to participating agents in Fort Worth who will gladly provide quotes for your car insurance coverage. You won’t even need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent to your email. If you need to quote rates for a specific company, just visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best insurer requires more thought than just the price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Where are claims handled?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- What companies can they write with?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Fort Worth for you
If you are wanting to find a local insurance agency, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents to choose from. Agents are either exclusive or independent. Both types can write car insurance policies, but it’s good to learn the subtle differences since it may influence the selection process.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only write with one company like State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are highly trained on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Fort Worth that are able to give comparison quotes.
Gary Gilmore – State Farm Insurance Agent
9324 Clifford St #106 – Fort Worth, TX 76108 – (817) 367-6106 – View Map
Kathleen Alexander – State Farm Insurance Agent
5336 Wedgmont Cir N – Fort Worth, TX 76133 – (817) 292-6006 – View Map
Farmers Insurance – Robert Lee
908 W Berry St b – Fort Worth, TX 76110 – (817) 923-0555 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents often have many company appointments and that gives them the ability to insure with an assortment of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they quote lower rates, they can switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured.
If you are comparing rate quotes, it’s a good idea to include price quotes from multiple independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in Fort Worth that can give you price quote information.
Rainbow Insurance Agency
2929 Cleburne Rd – Fort Worth, TX 76110 – (817) 922-8031 – View Map
Fort Worth Insurance Agency
5049 Trail Lake Dr – Fort Worth, TX 76133 – (817) 292-2929 – View Map
Main Street Independent Insurance- Tim Linzy, Agent
6300 Ridglea Pl #1115 – Fort Worth, TX 76116 – (817) 380-5597 – View Map
Don’t give up on cheaper premiums
Some insurance companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies. Discount Acura TLX insurance can be purchased from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection.
We covered a lot of techniques to compare Acura TLX insurance premium rates in Fort Worth. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting affordable Fort Worth car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with the smaller companies. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower prices than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
How to find the cheapest rates for Acura TLX insurance in Fort Worth
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to save money on auto insurance rates in Fort Worth is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in Texas. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
- First, take a few minutes and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that cause rate increases like speeding and an unacceptable credit score can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Second, request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current coverage and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to your new agent or company. Immediately upon receiving it, safely store the certificate verifying coverage in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
A good piece of advice is that you use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and a complete selection of prices.
Additional detailed information can be read by following these links:
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Fort Worth Auto Insurance Quotes for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)